Notices

Motivational Thread - March 24th - 30th

Old 03-30-2014, 03:05 AM
FitDay Member

Money?? nope!

However, maybe wise means being able to see wealth in peace, satisfaction, health, discipline, and a greater understanding of oneself in the universe... now THAT wealth?.. My cup runneth over!

I'm making shrimp marinara over spaghetti squash for supper, that should keep the calorie count for the day quite low!
Old 03-30-2014, 03:08 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Mary

What is an infrared sauna? Sounds intriguing. Better fitting clothes is an awesome NSV (non-scale victory - Debbie coined that, I think)
Old 03-30-2014, 03:10 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Jenai,

I always enjoy my early mornings, it really is my favourite and most productive time of day.

(I really should read all first! then reply, it'd mean 1 post instead of 3 lol)
Old 03-30-2014, 03:49 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, I posted a few recipes in the Vegetarian thread, but I'm thinking that all my recipes have far too many carbs for you. Hopefully you can take the basics of them and create something inspired that will work for you.

Mary, way to go! I know it's frustrating when the scale doesn't show it, but having your clothes fit better and losing inches is a BIG accomplishment!!!

I also put a post in the Women's Corner that if you all have time to read I would appreciate feed back on. Thanks all!
Old 03-30-2014, 05:08 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by simplybea
Hi Mary

What is an infrared sauna? Sounds intriguing. Better fitting clothes is an awesome NSV (non-scale victory - Debbie coined that, I think)
I'm not that clever Bea I read NSV on another site once upon a time
Old 03-30-2014, 08:38 AM
FitDay Member

Oh my goodness, my supper was yummy!
Spaghetti squash as pasta, and a shrimp marinara sauce.... this is a keeper for sure!
Old 03-30-2014, 08:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by simplybea
However, maybe wise means being able to see wealth in peace, satisfaction, health, discipline, and a greater understanding of oneself in the universe... now THAT wealth?.. My cup runneth over!
Amen to that, Bea. Your dinner sounds yummy!

Mary, kudos on the exercise and on your clothes fitting better. Reminder (but I know you know this) the numbers on the scale are way less important than how we look and feel in our clothes and how healthy we are. Nonetheless, it is fun to see the numbers on the scale going down.

Jenai, thanks SO MUCH for all the recipes you posted in the Food Talk Vegetarian thread. I used to exchange recipes with a lady from Australia who did over 200g carbs a day with insulin as opposed to my 25g net carbs per day after deducting fiber. I adapted her recipes to low carb for myself and she adapted my recipes to very low fat for herself. We had to change the cooking temps to C or F. We both had food scales that weighed in both kg and lbs. Until then I didn't know that a metric tablespoon is four US teaspoons instead of three, so after a few weeks of converting measurements I got a set of metric measuring cups and spoons. I converted a lot of her kangaroo recipes to chicken or lean pork. LOL ALL the recipes you posted look delicious and easy to make lower carb. I can't wait to start trying them after I go to the grocery store. I'll give you my feedback as I try them.

Ooh yeah--my NSV for today! I've been working on incorporating some vegetarian recipes into my collection with Jenai's help. We started a vegetarian thread in the Food Talk forum.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:43 PM
FitDay Member

Bea I bought zucchini for "pasta" today. I hope mine comes out as good as your sub. Can't wait to have it!

Mern, I'm glad you think you might be able to convert some of these to lower carb. I use a lot of black beans in my cooking, but I know you use the low carb ones so that should be an easy swap. You'll have to experiment with either your low carb tortillas or the Hungry Girl and see how they hold up if you crisp them for these recipes. I hope you like them! I get A LOT of recipes from Pinterest. It's the world's BEST free cookbook.

Although I did have a soda today while I was driving across town, it was a moment of weakness that I think I will be able to start overcoming. Putting a slice of lemon in my water bottle has helped tremendously. That extra flavor and pop of zing really makes a big difference. I've been drinking a lot more water today. I've refilled my water bottle twice. I'm on my 3rd bottle of 24 oz!!!
Old 03-30-2014, 08:12 PM
FitDay Member

Congrats on the lemon water Jenai

5am coffee is the BEST!
Old 05-01-2014, 07:35 AM
FitDay Member

Default Going on...

Thanks to everyone contributing to this thread, your stories really help my motivation!

After my week's holiday abroad, it took me 2 weeks to reach my before-holiday weight, as we ate out every day. But now it's home food and I'm trying hard to avoid snacking between meal times and if I cannot, then have an apple or a few nuts. My second half turned to a healthy way of life too, as he's just been diagnosed with diabetes type 2, now it is easier for me to keep to my diet and I manage to get him to have a walk with me nearly every day.

I work physically and lose more weight on my working days, still need some different workout on my days off, when it is so tempting just to relax and enjoy my leisure time