FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   Motivational Thread - March 24th - 30th (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/10797-motivational-thread-march-24th-30th.html)

libby116 03-25-2014 09:46 AM

This afternoon it was snowing so hard that I couldn't see the houses across the street. Will this winter weather ever end?

lildebbieg 03-25-2014 10:36 AM

Hi all! Checking back in with my daily results. Still going strong! Tonight for dinner, I had a Tomato Basil Tortilla stuff with pretty much the same Taco Salad I had last night, but I grilled it so the outside was toasty and the inside was nice and warm. I think I've been getting in a bit of a slump trying to come up with new ideas of low cal meals...so I'm trying to think up new ideas.

Keep calories under 1200 daily - Mon - yes, Tues - yes
Burn a minimum of 500 calories daily - Mon - yes, Tues - yes
Drink 96 oz. water daily - Mon - yes, Tues - yes

Mary!!! No Christmas talk!!! :p Did you get to the Y for a walk?

Jenai - Good job taking the advice and getting a new doctor...especially one with a nice scale! ;)

Mern - Sorry to hear your casserole didn't turn out to your liking, but at least it sounds like your husband isn't too hard to please! That's sweet that he thought it was just fine the way it was.

Bea - Every time I heard anyone grumble about the weather today, I reminded them of what was coming for the East coast. Sounds like you are really going to get quite a storm. I hope it isn't as bad as they're predicting...I heard they may have to shut down the bridge from the mainland to PEI?

Libby - Hang in there....it's gotta end sometime soon! They're calling for temperatures above zero by the end of the week.

Mike - Where are you...up at the ass crack of dawn hunting wabbits are you?!?! I hear it's the best time ;)

Have an awesome evening all. See you all tomorrow!

Kumochi 03-25-2014 11:55 AM

Hi Debbie I wimped out on the walk. I likely burn"t the same amount of calories in frustration with changing my cell phone plan

lildebbieg 03-25-2014 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Kumochi (Post 106908)
Hi Debbie I wimped out on the walk. I likely burn"t the same amount of calories in frustration with changing my cell phone plan

LOL! Sometimes technology can be so frustrating! It's supposed to simplify our lives....but I don't know about that! ;)

adyndravo1 03-25-2014 03:21 PM

Hello everyone. I am back. I had a bad month of depression all I wanted to do was eat junk and cross stitch. I am feeling much better still a little down butdoing ok. I got my resistance training in thrusday lfting cindar blocks over my head on a ladder. The wind pulled the shade cloth off the green house and then ripped a piece of my roof off. Had to get out and do it twice because wind knocked athe lighter pieces off. I had some more stuff in storage in a shed so was able to get it fixed on Saturday.
I finally got the seat ajusted on my new bike and have road it tiwce now I was not so wobble the second time. I got thinking and it has been 21 years since the last time I road a bike.
I have gained a little wiegh back but it is going down again. So here are my goals for this week. Drink losts of water and post here every day.
Have a great evening. Nyda

Mern 03-25-2014 11:39 PM

Had a huge "whoosh" the past couple days from drinking water to plump of my veins for my labs today and got rid of a bunch of water retention from eating too much sodium lately. This morning I'm down six pounds since weighing for the first time on my new home scale on January 2nd. My scale gives quite consistent readings, so regardless of how that compares to my doc's scale since last weighed on it December 18, I should be down at least six pounds on her scale, too. I had hoped to be down 10 lbs. this doctor visit, but I worked hard to shed those six pounds, so I'm proud of it. :)

Nyda! Hi and welcome back! I'm so sorry to learn of your bout with depression and hope you will soon be fully recovered. Whoa--that's some resistance training lifting cinder blocks over you head! Was that your house that got a piece of roof ripped off? What an ordeal with all the wind damage! Kudos on enjoying the new bike and being in a weight loss mode again. Nice simple goals to get restarted. :)

Bea, so sorry to hear of your weather forecast! How is it right now? July 32... LOL Somebody in my family used to say the 12th of Never.

Mary, I hope your new cell phone plan works out well for you.

Libby, we had heavy snowfall, but it didn't stick. Hooray!

Debbie, really great all green report! :) your grilled Tomato Basil Tortilla sounds super yummy! I changed up my leftover chicken stew last night just to refresh it so it wouldn't be the same meal two days in a row--added a bunch more green beans and low sodium Southwest seasoning. It tasted sort of like white chicken chili without cheese.

lildebbieg 03-26-2014 01:00 AM

Good morning all! I went to bed last night with satisfaction...but also an ache in my back. Seems I may have pulled or irritated something in my back. I'm still going to get in my workout today, but pay close attention to how I feel. I've also booked a deep tissue massage for this afternoon...that should help!

Nyda - Glad to see you back....sorry to hear you've been down. Depression runs in my family so I can attest that being in that state of mind can affect your whole life. It's great that you're out there riding your bike! Finding and doing new things that you enjoy can really lift the spirits!

Mern - Congrats on the 'whoosh'! I'm having a bit of one myself this week after being up last week....so nice when that happens eh! Turning stew into chili....magic! ;)

Have an awesome day all!!

jjrudd 03-26-2014 01:52 AM

Congrats Mern on the weight loss!! As you told me be happy with what you DID do...a 6lb loss is good!
Good job on the workout Debbie!

I did ok on food choices yesterday but didn't get in any exercise. Felt really fun down. Better today but I have laundry to do, garbage to take out etc so may only get a short step workout in.
Thinking of going away for a couple of days (maybe next week) for a little ME time. Stayed in a wonderful hotel in Mississauga last fall so I will use the pool or exercise room.

Jenn

Mern 03-26-2014 03:49 AM

Happy to have weighed myself at home right before my 9AM labs today, in my clothes but no shoes, just as I get weighed at the doc's office. The doc's office is just a mile and a half up the street and I got in right away, asked if I could weigh myself, and found my new home scale and the docs are exactly in sync. My scale only cost $30 so I was tickled to find it's so accurate. :)

Debbie, I hope the deep tissue massage helps your back and that your exercise goes well. Boy, are you dedicated to exercise! Ooh, how fun that you, too, are having a whoosh. Like you and Jenai I'm enjoying trying and creating new recipes.

Jenn, thanks for your kind words on my weight loss. I'm glad you're feeling better today and that you have a productive day. Those household chores burn calories, too. :) Aw, I hope you do get that ME time next week in Mississauga. Sounds lovely!

Kumochi 03-26-2014 04:39 AM

Mern I like that word Whoosh. Next time I hit a plateau I'll look on it as preparing for the next whoosh. I am having a good week too and hope to be down more by Monday. maybe we are all on the same schedule! It does help keep the motivation going when you know the rewards will come sometime.

Deep tissue massage is something I avoid. I found it too painful when the physiotherapist did massage. It helped but hurt. I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes top pain. I hope it helps with your back Debbie

Keep up the positive choices everyone.