Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread March 17-March 23 >

Motivational Thread March 17-March 23

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread March 17-March 23

Old 03-18-2014, 02:22 PM
FitDay Member

TY Debbie, I should have listened to you.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:37 PM
FitDay Member

Libby, not all programs with work with every person. You stayed committed and worked hard the way the program said, and you sound really frustrated (understandably). Don't get too down that it didn't suit your body. I think Debbie has a good idea with calorie cycling. Maybe that might work better for you.

1. Eat some fruits and vegetables each day M-Y, T-Y
2. Exercise M-N, T-N
3. Drink lots of water M-N, T-N
4. Get enough protein and fiber M-Y, T-Y (in a big way)
5. Overhaul and organize my pantry YES!!! and it looks amazing!!! Labels on the shelves and everything!!!
6. Stay away from fast food!!! T-Y!

I did a good job today with no fast food and my calories stayed under 1300. I did have some soda, but still stayed within my target calories so I'm not going to beat myself up about it. I didn't have a lot of fruit or veggies today, just cooked yellow onions and blackberries, but at least it was "some". I did not exercise today again. My daughter had a softball scrimmage, and her games come first above all else. And I'm having a real hard time getting in enough water. I'm feeling it too...feeling very dry and dehydrated. Need to ramp that back up!

My son has lost over 10 lbs (started at about 176 and weighed in today at 165)! He hasn't recognized it but I have that he has been eating less lately. And it is showing. I bought him a belt about a month ago, and he's now too small for the smallest notch and his pants are falling down.

Last night I fell asleep at 6:30pm and didn't wake up for 12 solid hours! I am ALWAYS tired, never feel awake or rested. I have insomnia. I usually only sleep a couple hours at a time. A few at night and off and on through the day, so it's never very deep and restful. But last night I zonked out and today was the absolute BEST I have felt in MANY years. I wish I felt like this every day. I felt energetic, awake, alert, rested, focused. If someone could bottle this feeling I'd pay a fortune for it! Got some good things done today and I feel great about it. Keeping fingers crossed I can feel this good tomorrow! I think with as good as I felt it helped me to be able to stay focused and mindful of what I was eating and with having a plan and sticking to it.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!
Old 03-19-2014, 12:31 AM
FitDay Member

Jenai - I too have sleep issues. No problem falling asleep, but staying asleep is the issue. I have found that regular exercise has helped me with staying asleep. Also, you're right, when we're rested it does help with the mindset of staying on track. Good job on avoiding fast food yesterday!
Old 03-19-2014, 12:43 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! It's funny...there's weeks where I feel invincible and then there's weeks like this one...where I'm struggling. I know we all experience this! I feel I've come so far though and I'm not willing to ruin all I've accomplished, so struggle be gone!! This weight isn't going to come off by itself! It's going to take hard work and perseverance to make it happen. As a wise fitday'r once said "putting on my big girl panties" and off to do my daily workout!

The Only Workout You'll Ever Regret is the One You Didn't Do!!!

Make today count! Let's be awesome!
Old 03-19-2014, 12:49 AM
FitDay Member

I'm learning more about why I'm overweight! I have been trying to eat healthy however when I put everything in my journal the calories are 2300, the carbs and fat are high and the protein low. It really points out that more discipline will be needed when I reach maintenance - and why I regain. Today I'm skipping the included breakfast and having my protein shake. Now to go workout.

Libby - everytime I have tried an extreme diet it has worked the first week then slowed down or stopped. IT is hard to lose slowly however the reward is that there is a much better chance of long term success. Even those of us who have regained some of our loss have gotten back on track before it was all back. I hope you find what works for you. I know I need a calorie number and balance that lets me lose but does not cause me hunger. The right combo can be hard to find.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:09 AM
FitDay Member

I am feeling pleasure here to read this. I will also try. Thank you
Old 03-19-2014, 01:29 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kumochi
Today I'm skipping the included breakfast and having my protein shake. Now to go workout.
Hi Mary - You're doing a great job staying focused on your goal while away from home. How is your friend coping with treatment? I know cancer treatment can be very difficult. I hope the outcome is successful!

Do you find having a protein drink filling enough for breakfast? The only time I use protein powder in a shake is right after a long intense workout when my body quickly needs protein to recover. Otherwise I stick to whole foods...they make me feel full longer than any shake does. The reason I ask is if you don't find the shake filling enough, you may be better off to find a meal that has close to the same amount of calories as your shake. Are you having a shake because it's either that or the included breakfast?
Old 03-19-2014, 01:53 AM
FitDay Member

Goals
1. Keep within carb limit (40 grams per meal) no not terribly over but could've been better, no
2. 4 servings fruits/veggies 3 veggies no
3. 6 glasses of water (at least) yes no--does coffee count??
4. Lose 1lb and post in friday weigh-in
5. Exercise 30 min 4X yes no

Personal goals
1. Clean bedroom including vacuuming clean--just need to vacuum
2. Vacuum living room DONE
3. write (Going to make time today to relieve stress!)

Didn't get any exercise in yesterday because I had to run errands for my Mom who is sick--has a nasty cold. I don't know how women do it with children, a job and running a house and still find time to workout.
Woke up at 3AM and my mind wouldn't shut off so I got up and put my laundry away. Might as well do something useful!!

Jenn
Old 03-19-2014, 06:29 AM
Super Moderator

Quick update. I had to skip my 5:50 am workout this morning. My back started acting up again last night and I took a muscle relaxer late last night that put me on my butt! I'm still extremely sore from Tuesday's workout. I plan on catching up on my missed workout tomorrow... if not tonight.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:01 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie I find the protein shake is usually good for me for breakfast. I mix my own with whey powder and almond milk. At home I usually add berries. It's funny but it will keep hunger away a lot longer than a regular breakfast. I've noticed this on days I can't have lunch till 1 or 1:30. Tomorrow I may do the scrambled eggs here - the main problem is all the other things tempt me and I can quickly have a 6 or 7 hundred calorie breakfast even without toast. Today I am still below 850 even with a good lunch.

My friend is coping well. I think she will find it a long 5 weeks, Monday to Friday. The next 3 she will be on her own then another friend is coming down for her last 3 days here. It is strange staying at a hotel full of people receiving cancer therapy. Her therapy only takes about 1 hour out of the day however it's 2.5 hours from home so there is no use going home each day. We are going out for dinner tonight to make it a bit like one of our vacations south!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.