Notices

Motivational Thread March 10 - March 16

Old 03-11-2014, 06:41 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
LOL I'm in Heaven! Feels like I'm cheating, but I'm not. I'm eating what tastes like chocolate covered cherry cookie dough. Quite nutritious--I mixed together chocolate protein powder, unsweetened cocoa powder, cherry yogurt (my CarbMasters Dairy Blend that looks and tastes like yogurt) and flaxmeal to taste. It's thick--I could add water but I don't want to.
that sounds good.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:45 AM
FitDay Member

Glad to hear about your good checkup Libby!! Keep up the hard work!

Side note... what the heck are these "Holy Grail of weight loss" ads for? Some of these things look so disgusting I wouldn't think of eating them!
Old 03-11-2014, 06:59 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats on your good Dr report Libby!! I would make sure you go to Shoppers Drug Mart to check your BP to make sure your Dr is able to get the right dose. I have white coat syndrom so mine would never be that low going to the Dr!!

Jenn
Old 03-11-2014, 07:26 AM
FitDay Member

Hey everyone- I'm not even sure where to start. It's nice to see so many posts on here so early in the week!

Mike- That's great that you got some money stress relief. I know how that can really be a struggle.

Libby- Awesome news for your dr's apt. I'm glad to hear it was a positive experience and hopefully even better next visit.

Mern- that cherry "cookie dough" sounds good. I had a really nice yogurt snack last night. I mixed greek yogurt with cinnamon and raisins. It was yummy

I know I missed some ppl- sorry but I can't seem to make the page go back further to respond.

I went to the gym this a.m. and made it 50min on elliptical. I even upped the difficulty here and there to give myself some interval training for my cardio. I am still a little frustrated with my metabolism. It just seems so much more difficult now that I've gotten older to get things going...ugh. I have been evaluating the things I'm doing and trying to see where I might be able to improve some things and I think I need to work on eating smaller meals more frequently. I get so caught up in my day and don't plan enough healthy snacks. I tend to only eat 2x per day if I'm left to my own devices. Since I'd started here in Jan, I'd generally been eating 4 meals, but I'm thinking it might help to increase this to 5 or maybe even 6 meals per day if I can manage it. I need to look up some more healthy snack ideas besides tuna salad and yogurt....
Old 03-11-2014, 07:41 AM
FitDay Member

Yum! I love Greek yogurt with cinnamon & raisins. Or lowfat cottage cheese the same way. Even with some uncooked oats sprinkled on top.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:04 AM
FitDay Member

I did workout earlier today and more vigorously than normal.

Had a post I was composing on WordPad. I had it minimized as I went to start dinner, but DH deleted it, thinking I didn't need it.

So quickly:

Libby, kudos on your doc visit. Sorry he wouldn't take you off the BP meds, but at least you're on a lower dose. I, too, did part of my workout and will do more tonight.

Mike, yeah, raw "cookie dough" is good. Actually I nuked a two tablespoon hunk of it for about a minute and then turned it over and nuked another 10 seconds until it was no longer moist on the bottom. I wouldn't post it as a yummy recipe, but it was edible to me. LOL

April I haven't seen the Holy Grail ads.

Jenn, I remember about your white coat syndrome.

Aimee, your Greek yogurt snack sounds yummy. I haven't found any Greek yogurt that's low enough carb for me.

Will be back later. Have to go check on dinner and want to post this before someone at my house deletes it. No time to proofread, so please read what I MEANT, not what I typed. LOL

Last edited by Mern; 03-11-2014 at 09:32 AM.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:43 AM
FitDay Member

Aimee, when I was younger I obviously had a much higher metabolism--and could lose weight without exercising or drinking all this water. Since menopause and quitting smoking over seven years ago, my metabolism has slowed to a crawl. Five or six meals per day is what I strive for, but sometimes life gets in the way. I also need to plan healthful snacks, especially for in the evening. Some experts actually advocate eating a protein snack two hours before bedtime to help keep the metabolism running as well as possible when we're sleeping. I try to have something like leftover cold chicken or fish or something made with my low carb protein shake mix.

April, I love cottage cheese mixed with a bunch of cinnamon. Yum!

OK, I'm promising another 20 minutes of more vigorous than (my)normal exercise before watching TV tonight.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:46 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, kudos on the good sale!
Old 03-11-2014, 11:05 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I had another day under 800 calories and that includes my snack with sunflower seeds and dark chocolate. They aren't on the diet but I wanted a treat. A week ago I would not have imagined I could eat like this and lose weight. X 6.4

Post calories: 798, 773
Post exercise: 3.6K 45min, 4.9K 66min,
8 glasses of water: M-Y, T-Y
Work on quilting: Yes, No
Old 03-11-2014, 11:15 AM
Banned

Happy Tuesday!
I had a good lunch today...so I better do better the rest of the week
Hope to get a work out done later...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.