Motivational Thread - March 3 - March 9 >

Motivational Thread - March 3 - March 9

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread - March 3 - March 9

Old 03-05-2014, 04:14 AM
FitDay Member

Today's planned menu: (edited)

Flatout Flatbread French toast using zero cholesterol egg substitute like EggBeaters, but store brand, spread with sugar free apricot preserves.

Protein shake with flaxmeal

Skinless chicken breast, green pepper with Laughing Cow light garden vegetable flavored cream cheese

Sardines packed in water, and spread with whole grain mustard, cooked spinach

Another protein shake with flaxmeal

More skinless chicken breast, fresh strawberries

Wiggle room leaves me additional snacks up to 209 calories, 2% total calories as saturated fat, .4g net carbs, protein is no issue.

Last edited by Mern; 03-05-2014 at 07:17 AM.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:22 AM
FitDay Member

Will end up meeting my goal today of keeping within carb limit. We are having stir fry for dinner (leftover pork roast) so I will put in lots of veggies. Been drinking lots of water today so I'm sure I will probably be up to 8 by the days end!!

I made a good dent in cleaning the basement this afternoon. Put another load of laundry in from picking up stuff off the floor. Filled a green garbage bag. Now if the snow ever melts I need to get a junk removal van in.

no formal exercise but have been up and down the stairs about 4 times--oh I forgot I got a walk in to pharmacy (15 min)
Jenn
Old 03-05-2014, 08:28 AM
FitDay Member

debbie, hopefully you won't have to wait too long to get the Hungry Girl line of breads in Ontario. So far it's in Alberta and Saskatchewan (I probably butchered the spelling of that) and they say more provinces soon.

April, way to go on the exercising every day! That takes commitment. Hope you can muster the willpower on hubby's days off. I, too, cherish the days I can sleep in.

Libby, if you can share any of Bob Harper's good secrets, I'd like to know some of the things he says. Interested too in hearing how the kick start plan goes. Great job on your goals so far this week too!

iansteele, if you go to flatoutbread.com you'll see what we've been talking about. In case the url gets edited out, just google "Hungry Girl flatout bread".

Mern, you always plan such great menus for yourself!!

It seems like everyone is doing a really good job on goals so far this week from what I can tell. For me, though, I'm struggling getting enough protein. Yesterday I had a banana in the morning and a strawberry banana smoothie before bed. Not only did I need to try to get some fiber in, but my daily calories were only at 911, and I don't want to go under 1200. I finished the night at 1201. But the bananas are incredibly high in carbs. I'm not super strict with myself on carbs, but I do have a range in mind that's recommended for me by my health coach to keep my blood sugars in the right area. Right now it's only at 95, so I really need to eat something, but the other problem lately is that I'm so not hungry. The only thing I've been craving is soda, which may be due to ttotm that I was gifted with today. oh yea. But I've been finding myself having to force me something to eat to even get above 1000 calories for the day. And, I don't think I'm going to the gym tonight because of the cramping and not feeling good. Maybe I should try it though. Maybe the exercise would actually help that. hmmmm. I'll see if I can muster up the motivation.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:41 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie - Yes, working out at 6am is not by choice but by necessity. I can squeeze one in on an evening once in a while but not consistently like I can the mornings. Glad to hear I am not the only one. Thank you for your kudos on my weight loss. It sucks gaining it back and it's hard to see how fast the regain can be. I started to regain in December of 12 (hit my low in Aug/Sept 12) and have fairly maintained since December but I put on about another 7-10 in the past two months and that is it. I am done. I can barely fit my jeans and I refuse to buy more unless they are smaller.

Mern Sorry to hear about your car battery. I am that handy type of gal who would just go get the jump start box from the garage and get myself back on the road. Growing up with a dad as a mechanic and marrying one has done that to me

Jedi It is hard to workout daily but I set the goal knowing full well that I may miss it at least one day. The harder goal for me is making it here on the weekends to keep my posts updated. For some reason I can be on & off the computer all day but not take the time to come here because I won't have time to read all the posts so I feel like a slacker for not staying involved in the conversations.

Today was Relax at Work day. LOL ... A local massage therapist/chiropractic office brought in massage chairs and did 10 min chair massages for anyone interested. I got one. It was wonderful. Wish it had lasted much longer though. LOL They convinced me to sign up for an in office consultation for my hip pain from sciatica. The eval is free and if you do it, then the second appt is a free 30 min full body massage. I'm thinking it's worth it for that even if I don't keep going and stay with my current chiro we have had since 1997. LOL ... They are coming back each Wednesday this month for more 10 min massages. I'm already signed up!
Old 03-05-2014, 09:53 AM
FitDay Member

I'm still on track foodwise, did half my bootcamp exercise and will do the rest before 7PM.

Jenn, kudos on keeping within your carb limit and for loading up the leftover pork roast with veggies. Way to go on the water, too. I'm sure you burned a lot of calories cleaning the basement and picking stuff up off the floor, going up and down stairs, and walking to the pharmacy. You had a really productive day! Big hug to ya!

Jedi, I have a long way to go to make meeting all my nutrition goals easy work. But I have a couple things I do to help me get in my protein. One is to always keep some cooked chicken on hand--I love cold chicken, so when I bake chicken breasts I bake a couple extra. I think I already told you about the Eden Black Soybeans I get from vitacost.com when I stock up on my protein shake mix. I just happened to spy those beans in a local healthfood store Sunday, but they're higher in price than at vitacost. At 1 net carb per half cup serving because of being so high in fiber, they're great to toss into soup, salads, or mash with favorite herbs and spices. Oh, dear, I can't do anything to motivate you to go to the gym to exercise with cramps. When I was young enough for that monthly crampy visit, I just wanted to curl up in a ball until they went away.

April, don't feel like you have to keep up with all the posts and respond to everyone. I don't have the time to do that, either. A lot of times I have time only to skim the posts, being careful to try to catch to see if anyone addressed me personally. Try to come in daily and just say hi and briefly let us know how you're doing: "I did OK yesterday" or "struggling" or whatever, if that's all the time you can spare. Know that we will support you no matter how many or how few words you have time to type. We don't have a jump start box, but DH put my car on the battery charger today and got it started. He drove it around for a while and now has it back on the charger to see if he can get it fully charged. Good for you for being that handy! My daughter is like that--she's fixed a lot of things on her car herself, but I'm not mechanically inclined--actually prefer to not be. I have DH and an AAA club membership. LOL So nice that you got the free massage and a chance to get a free evaluation. Best wishes on the pain management. Are all the Wednesday 10 minute massages free?

Last edited by Mern; 03-05-2014 at 10:10 AM.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:48 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Hump Day everyone! Just checking in with my week's progress.
Goals for the week:

1. Workout 5-6 x week -- M/Y, T/Y, W/Y
2. Drink 5 glasses water & 2-3 glasses green tea per day--M/Y, T/Y, W/Y
3. protein shake after workouts -- M/Y, T/Y, W/y
4. keep tracking food & journaling each day -- M/y, T/Y, W/y
5. lose 1-2 lbs this week -- so far so good
Old 03-05-2014, 11:40 AM
FitDay Member

I'm not looking forward to daylight savings time as I currently get up about 6:30 and start my sauna heating up and do my yoga. Next week it will be a challenge to get up and get it all done in time to get to work. Early mornings work best for me too for my home exercises.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:38 PM
FitDay Member

Amiee, great job all this week! Way to go!

Mary, I was looking forward to the extra daylight in the evening from daylight savings time, but forgot that means it's darker for an hour longer in the morning. I hope you get used to it again soon.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:57 PM
FitDay Member

Turns out setting weekly goals is really motivating me to keep on track! Another good day!

1. Track calories - M - yes, T - yes, W - yes
2. Exercise 7x (scheduled morning interval workout) - M - yes, T - yes, W - yes
3. Do doubles (second workout) 4x - 1X T - yes, 2X W - yes
4. Drink 3 litres of water daily - M - yes, T - yes, W - yes
5. No alcohol - M - yes, T - yes, W - yes

Sadly the hardest one of my goals is the no alcohol....fine during the week but with the weekend coming up I usually have some wine. Probably by losing those empty calories is what's making the scale move so quickly this week! I'll try to use that as motivation when the weekend is here
Old 03-05-2014, 02:01 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie, you are doing such a wonderful job and have come such a long way in your weight loss, healthful eating and exercise already. Keep up the good work! I struggle with giving up Hershey Sugar Free Dark Chocolate and have found that when I eat them on a regular basis, I don't lose weight. Is it possible to limit yourself to just one or two glasses of wine over the weekend--weekends only?

Going to bed early--babysitting great-grandbaby tomorrow and Friday.

Goodnight, pals.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.