Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread - February 24 - March 2 >

Motivational Thread - February 24 - March 2

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread - February 24 - March 2

Old 03-01-2014, 01:03 AM
FitDay Member

Hi fitday buddies! Went to bed last night at 8:45 (yes on a Friday night ) and slept until 7 this morning. I woke up refreshed and my hip is feeling much better! I'm (gently) getting back in the saddle today with Day 34 of Chasing the Sun which is 40 minute back & chest/cardio circuit.

It's March 1st!!!!! Spring arrives this month....although looking at the forecast there this weekend, I think it will be a long while before the Spring weather arrive

Mary - I realized I may be the only person who calls you Mary.....hope that's okay? I must have read that here at some point and it has stuck with me I'm following your lead! Even though February turned out to be the worst month (for weight loss that is) I've had yet since I started on this journey in September, I'm aiming to make March more successful! I'm aiming for a six pound loss this month too! Here's to another month of aiming for the moon!! "Always aim for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~W. Clement Stone~

Have an awesome and fit day buddies!
Old 03-01-2014, 02:50 AM
FitDay Member

debbie, glad to hear you're feeling a bit better. Take it easy and don't overdo it. But you already know all that.

I didn't make it to the gym last night. My daughter (18) took the car, and my younger daughter and I didn't go on a walk either. I crashed at about 7:00.

Last night I made the MOST amazing gourmet pizza. I used one of the Hungry Girl Thin Pizza breads baked for 9 minutes to get it crispy. I put on 2 wedges of laughing cow, sliced tomatoes, sauteed mushrooms, caramelized onions, a little mozzarella and a little pesto. It was the best pizza I ever ate in my life. Until I counted up all the calories. All the butter and oil added up fast. Next time I will cut the pesto and top it with fresh cut basil. I will dry sautee the mushrooms or cook them in foil in the oven with some garlic. And I will make a huge batch of caramelized onions in the crock pot...only 2 Tbsp of butter for the entire pot. Then I will separate them and freeze them for future pizzas. Because if I can have pizza like that instead of Pizza Hut or Dominoes, I will gladly do it. Mine was WAY better.

I did fair on my protein yesterday. I almost hit my minimum number. And I also invested in a new glucose meter. That was one of my goals this month set by my health advisor. She wants to know where my sugars are. I am happy to report that so far they are in the normal range! yea!

Have a happy Saturday everyone.
Old 03-01-2014, 03:30 AM
FitDay Member

Good job Jedi! Good start on the weight loss Mern!

Yesterday was a good day food wise. Had squash soup for lunch and a hotdog bun with some sliced chicken on it. Mid afternoon i had half an apple. I had a lower number for my glucose reading too. I have found that if I eat smaller meals more often it gives me better readings.
I didn't quite get my water in. I think I got up to 5. Exercise was about 20 min. So all in all not bad. Haven't weighed myself yet.

Jenn
Old 03-01-2014, 04:37 AM
FitDay Member

Lane way cleared. I'm going to try my cross country skis this afternoon. Haven't been on them this year so not sure how it will go.

Non scale improvements like normal blood sugars are great incentives. Looking forward to a month of successes for all of us.

Mary --
Old 03-01-2014, 08:23 AM
FitDay Member

Mary, did you go skiing? We are getting freezing rain and it's going to get much colder tonight. I walked for 50 minutes on the treadmill today and went shopping with a friend. Now I have laundry to do supper to make and dishes to clean up before I can sit down and relax. Thanks for the kick in the pants Debbie. I needed that. I was blue and feeling sorry for myself. It's a new month and a new start. I hope we all do well. Spring is just around the corner.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:26 AM
FitDay Member

I did get out and it went better than I expected. I almost quit at the first little hill as I always find it hard the first time out. I'm so glad I stuck with it. Overcoming terror is good for the body and soul! Can't wait to get out again. My legs were fine -- not sure I will be able to say that tomorrow. Too cold for rain here!
Old 03-01-2014, 12:42 PM
FitDay Member

I didn't end up going to my 2 fitness classes I'd planned this a.m. My monthly "friend" arrived late last night and the cramps always get me badly enough that I don't like getting out of bed. Such was the case this a.m. Ah well...I've been doing good in the eating dept. though so that's something. I even made one of my vegetable juices for lunch today. Kale, carrot, apples, spinach, orange and ginger. Salad for dinner.

Mary- congrats for besting that hill!!!
Libby- glad to hear you are feeling better.
jjrudd-squash soup sounds yummy. One of my favs is a pumpkin soup a jamaican friend made for me and I can never seem to get it just right.
JediMindTricks-the gourmet pizza sounds great. I have a couple of hungry girl cook books I haven't used in awhile. Is the pizza crust available at the store somewhere or do you make it?
Debbie-Glad to hear you're feeling better too and sounds like you got some much-needed rest.
Mern-good job on the weight loss this week !
Old 03-02-2014, 12:43 AM
FitDay Member

Happy to report my legs are no worse for wear. Being able to do more of the things I want to do makes all the exercise and healthy eating worth while.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:45 AM
FitDay Member

I did well on food and water yesterday. I did exercise half an hour, divided into two sessions because of low stamina, though--don't know why. Still could have gotten in more protein. Today's goal is to exercise with more intensity and whatever I can't finish of the entire half hour goal, I'll finish later in the day. But even yesterday, I honestly tried my best, so as long as I do that, I still have reason to feel OK about what I accomplished.

Jenn, thanks for your support on my weight loss. Yes, small meals do keep one's blood sugar more stable, giving better readings. You're one smart cookie! You had a pretty darned good day yesterday. Congratulations!

Libby, I do hope the new month and our support will bring you a brighter outlook. You certainly did get in a lot of exercise yesterday--both formal and household chores. Well done!

Debbie, so glad you're feeling better and got such a good sleep Friday night! Thanks for naming your exercise Chasing the Sun. I'm ready for spring, too. Right now (Sunday morning) it's 22F and the rain we had is turning to sleet. UGH! I called Kumochi Mary, thinking I knew her from an earlier time but since she didn't address that, I started calling her Kumochi again, thinking I may have been wrong--until she signed a post as Mary. Thanks for sharing the quote about aiming for the moon--never heard that and it's very inspirational. Both your children sound adorable. My daughter and son are different as night and day, too. Kids' upbringing with their individual needs addressed can tone down overachievers and elevate those who need more of a nudge. Sounds like you're already quite successful at finding the right balance for each of your children. It's wonderful that your kids are such good friends. I hope that continues throughout their lives. Aw, that's great about the plans for the last swim this session and for eating out afterwards. My granddaughter and her husband are respectful and appreciative of even the slightest bit of help and they are wonderful parents. I'm so proud of both of them. Oh, I got my Parmesan cheese yesterday--last ingredient I needed to attempt a version of your spinach and cheese calzone on my eating plan, stuffing the filling into a low carb tortilla. That will be today's lunch. I'll let you know how it went.

Aimee, sorry your "friend" cancelled your fitness classes for you. I'm not an avid fan of exercise, but am glad at age 67 I no longer have to deal with that time of the month. Kudos on your eating and juicing. Thanks for your support on my weight loss.

Mary, in Ohio (midwest USA) I've heard just the short version: "March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb." -6 with light snow is just not nice, but I know you've had worse weather than that recently. Snow blowing does indeed count as exercise. Way to go on sticking with the skiing. Glad to read your legs are fine today. My area is known for quickly changing weather--like zero F one day and 45F the next. Or 65F one day and 35F the next. One of my favorite local expressions is: "If you don't like the weather in Ohio, wait a minute--it'll change." Do you have any favorite local expressions? I, too, am looking forward to some non-scale improvements next month--I have my cholesterol down to high normal, but would like to get my triglycerides closer to normal--they're almost there. Doc said they respond more to exercise than to diet. UGH--NOT what I wanted to hear, but I'm working on it.

Jedi, you had good intentions for the gym Friday night. Maybe your body needed the sleep more than the exercise. Kudos on getting the new glucose meter and getting your protein up! Oh, an 18 year old daughter borrowing your car--I remember those years. OMG, thanks for sharing that pizza idea. Nice that we can adapt recipes and they're even better than the restaurant version. I'm going to make a low fat, low carb version of that using a low carb tortilla for my crust. Laughing cow cheese is delicious on just about anything--great way to save fat calories!
Old 03-02-2014, 04:36 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! Checking in with Day 35 of Chasing the Sun which is 40 minute cardio circuit. I'm sooooo relieved that my hip felt better so quickly! I'm surprised because n Thursday it really hurt to walk! I think being consistent with exercise has really helped me become stronger....I like to think that's why I was ale to recover so quickly

Mern - There are some studies that suggest it's more beneficial to exercise twice a day rather than just once. The reasoning behind this? After raising your heart rate through exercise, your metabolism stays elevated for hours after. If you exercise twice a day, your increasing your metabolism two times rather than only once. Either way, getting in exercise is important for overall health so no matter how you're doing it, your doing a great thing for yourself!

I love how active the board is this weekend! There's some weekends that you can literally hear the crickets chirping! Have a great fit day all!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.