Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread - Januray 27- February 2 >

Motivational Thread - Januray 27- February 2

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread - Januray 27- February 2

Old 01-30-2014, 12:53 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all Very rough sleep last night...I was still awake at 2 am. I normally get up at 4:45 to get in my morning workout, but clearly that didn't happen this morning. Not a great way to start the day...and I'll be playing catch up all day now for sleeping in late....and running on about 4 hours sleep. BUT....I can't change my lack of sleep and the way I started the day, but I can change how my day continues! I'll check back in later to report how I faired out.

Wow Libby! I can only imagine how frustrated you must be!! Completely understandable that you had a bad day! How old is your furnace....may be time for a new one? Hopefully you get some resolution today!

aimmet - wish I as a rabbit too! I average 1 pound per week....some weeks more, some weeks less, some weeks I gain...but overall 1 pound per week. When I suggested at least 8 cups of water a day, I should have also added that you can increase your intake over time. If your body is not used to that much fluid (and you're not used to multiple bathroom trips) then just try adding 1 cup per day per week. You said you drink 2-3 glasses per day...the for the next week try to increase that to 3-4 glasses...the next week try for 4-5 glasses and so on. By increasing it slowly it will be easier on your bladder and allow your body to get used to be properly hydrated.

Tomorrow is weigh day! Unfortunately, I don't think I'll see a loss this week. I should have expected this since it's PMS week and I've had a loss every week for the past 4 weeks. Guess I'll find out tomorrow, but I've been up all week so I'm not expecting much.

Have a great day all!
Old 01-30-2014, 03:28 AM
FitDay Member

The basement was much warmer today so I did 57 minutes of walking and I feel good. So far today I am on track with eating so I should be OK. I don't think that I will be good on the scale tomorrow but I will do my best today.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:51 AM
FitDay Member

Winter in Canada - so much fun! Snow blowing with the sunrise then a dead battery in my car. Funny thing is I'm much better at losing weight in the winter. Summer time barbeques must be more dangerous to my health than snow.

Keeping motivated. 2 trips and 3 reunions to look forward to later in 2014 although this time my main motivation is the desire to keep active into my old age - which some may think is already here.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:31 AM
FitDay Member

My goals:
1) plan food - Y, Y, Y
2) stick as close to plan as possible, until the fatal biscotti Y NOOOOOOO but it strengthened my resolve
3) stretch daily - Y, Y, Y
4) gym 2x this week (start small) probably not: I'm really sick with fibro this week
5) 6 glasses water - 4 water, 2 tea N, N
6) focus on work and achieve work goals -Y class No
Old 01-30-2014, 08:50 AM
FitDay Member

It felt good to use the treadmill today. My arms were sore from the hand weights so I gave them a rest today. My food was on track today.
I don't know what the scale will say tomorrow.

Goals for the week

Calories under 1200: T-Y W- T-Y
Treadmill 3X: T-Y
Hand weights 3X: T-Y
6 glasses of water: T-Y W-N T-Y
Post every day and weigh in on Friday no matter what
Old 01-30-2014, 10:44 AM
FitDay Member

I am still here. I have had a bad week. Not food wise so much as I have been more then usually depressed this week. I am filling a bit better.
I got caught up on the post so congrats erin hope you can have this one. Libby sorry about the furnace. Hope it gets fixed soon, and remember this day will be history tomorrow.
Aimeet also try measureing your body in several spots. I try to do so about once a month. Sometimes when we don't loose as much and we thnkwe should or stay the same for a while, our body is catching up with inches going away rathger t hen pounds.

My Goals.
drink alot of water m-y, t-y,w-y
log everything I eat m-y, t-n-w-n
exercise 3 timesmy hip has been tender this week.I did shovel snow today.
post everyday.m-y-t-n-w-n
eat 2 veggies and 2 fruits a day2 veg 1 fruit t-n,w-n

Nyda
Old 01-30-2014, 12:53 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all! Despite the lack of sleep and not getting in my workout this morning, I did manage to squeeze it in later in the day + an additional 45 minutes on the treadmill. I'm with you Libby, not sure what the scale will say tomorrow. I'm hormonal right now, so I am guessing I'll be up tomorrow. We just have to remember it's most likely water weight when we see these fluctuations. If we stay the course, the scale will move eventually! Let the chips fall where they may....just don't let them fall into belly!

Have a good evening all!
Old 01-30-2014, 11:18 PM
FitDay Member

My goals:
1) plan food - Y, Y, Y N
2) stick as close to plan as possible, until the fatal biscotti Y NOOOOOOO but it strengthened my resolve I actually did well
3) stretch daily - Y, Y, Y, Y
4) gym 2x this week (start small) probably not: I'm really sick with fibro this week
5) 6 glasses water - 4 water, 2 tea N, N ?
6) focus on work and achieve work goals -Y class No, No, focused on health
Old 01-31-2014, 12:41 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all Despite yet another night of not enough sleep (I went to bed later than intended) I still got up and did my regular workout this morning. Today was a 40 minute cardio interval workout. I was dragging my butt through it, but happy I did it! As expected, my weight was up today. Freakin' PMS! However, when I look back at this 'time' last month I was 128.6, so I'm happy about that progress.

So glad it's the weekend, so I can sleep in until 7 tomorrow instead of my weekday 4:45 wake time. My husband is taking my son to a Beaver event (this is the Canadian version of Scouts for kids 7 and under) all day tomorrow so I am having a 'girl's day' with my 6 yo daughter. She's very excited to have me all to herself for the whole day : It's so sweet...I'll miss these days when she's a teenager and doesn't want to do things with me anymore.

TGIF!!!!
Old 01-31-2014, 12:41 AM
FitDay Member

Good day yesterday except I forgot capers and smoked salmon would be high sodium! Weight up today even though a calorie deficit. Good thing is I managed to go out for dinner and while I was over my 1500 calories I was under 2000 even with the wine. I may weight till tomorrow to way in. Lots of fluids needed today to get rid of the fluid retained.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.