FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   Motivational Thread - Januray 27- February 2 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/10591-motivational-thread-januray-27-february-2-a.html)

cjohnson728 01-28-2014 12:06 AM

Hi Everyone, day late starting this week. Too much running and a huge crisis yesterday at work. I didn't eat poorly but I didn't take the time to log. We had STEM career night last night at school, too, so didn't get home till almost ten and though I could have done some weights, I didn't :(.

Hi Tori! So good to see you :D

Thanks for starting us off, Debbie, and for the pep talk.

Mary, Nyda, Hope, Libby, so glad you all are along for the ride :)

Basically same goals again this week for me.

1. Calories 1300 or fewer.
2. Exercise 5 times this week.
3. Choose food wisely.
4. Relax; breathe.
5. Log everything.

lildebbieg 01-28-2014 01:03 AM

Good morning fitday friends :) I got up a little late today after turning my alarm off when it went off this morning. I woke up about 20 minutes later, looked at the time and that little voice in my head was there saying "it's too later for you to get in your workout now...just skip it this morning....you can always do it this afternoon". You know that voice that talks you out of what you commited to doing? In September when I started to try to lose weight....again....I commited to getting in a workout in the morning before work 5 days a week because in the afternoon the kids are home and it's not easy to get in a workout. Of course, things come up like I get sick or the kids get sick and I have had to miss a morning workout, but talking myself out of my commitment is not a good reason to miss a workout. So I took my own advice and didn't let what I couldn't do stop me from what I could do. After over sleeping, I no longer had time to do my regular 40 minute workout, but when I designed my workouts, I also planned a shorter option for time crunched days. I got out of bed and did the shorter 30 minute option and then hustled my butt to quickly get ready for work. That voice in my head that tries to talk me out of my commitments is getting quieter over time and the voice that encourages me and reminds me why I'm doing this is getting louder! What could have been a crappy start to my day...one that left me feeling like I should have got up and got in my workout....turned out to be a great start to my day and now I feel accomplished and focused on my goals. :D

Wishing you all a awesome day, one full of accomplishments towards you goals. Even if they seem small, remember over time, those small accomplishments add up to big changes!

Libby - Sorry to hear your furnace is still not running! It's damned cold too...thank goodness you have a wood stove to you have some source of heat. Hang in there girl!

Tori - Welcome back! Looking forward to reading your posts. Sounds like you've had a really rough year...I'm glad to hear you're looking to the future. :)

jjrudd 01-28-2014 01:45 AM

Debbie I'm sick of winter too! It's sooo cold. I don't remember a winter that has been this cold for this long before.
Libby I hope you get your furnace fixed soon. BRRR.
Welcome back Tori.

Pulled a muscle and then aggravated it shovelling so I'm just going to eat healthy this week and make sure I drink lots of water.
Hopefully it warms up next week. I have to go for bloodwork and my veins are non-existant anyways and add in it's cold and my blood will never flow. :(

Jenn

Kumochi 01-28-2014 04:12 AM

Well done Debbie. We should develop some creative imagery of ways to off that little voice that likes to lead us away from our positive goals. I think I'll start picturing him as a gnome dressed only in a scarf that I toss out in the -16 degree snow bank. Right now he's try to keep me from going to the Y. I'll see if this works.

Good day yesterday. Curling was cancelled - due to weather - so I substituted time on the Wii. Eating well Drinking water and tea - which leads to weight loss but too many times getting up in the night. I guess need to drink earlier.

eej5 01-28-2014 06:03 AM

Hi, all.

Sorry I've been AWOL a couple of days. Busy weekend / Monday.

Well... if you remember, when I joined this group and got serious about my diet / exercise, the goal was to increase my fertility. The goal was to get my but as healthy as possible and then try again.

So I've dropped 9.8 pounds in a month -- and surprise, surprise -- I'm pregnant. I'm in total disbelief. And it's very early, so I still need bloodwork, etc. to make sure all is well.

But... my goals will be changing. Assuming this bean sticks around, I'll be looking to maintain / slowly gain now. I'm going to stick around and keep tracking.

But I won't be restricting calories much and I'm switching to walking and prenatal yoga.

Thank you all for helping me stick to it. I don't think this pregnancy is a fluke. I definitely think my good behavior helped us succeed.

Kumochi 01-28-2014 09:41 AM

Congratulations! I'm glad you are sticking around to maintain your health.

lildebbieg 01-28-2014 10:00 AM

Erin!!!! Congratulations!!! You must be so thrilled! Has it sunk in yet :p So glad you'll be sticking around.

Mary - Did you kick that gnome to the snow back and go to the Y today?

Jenn - Good job not letting what you can't do affect what you can do!! Hope your pulled muscle feels better soon!

I got in another 50 minutes on the elliptical and a 12 min HIIT workout this evening. I'm wiped! Off to eat some dinner :D

Kumochi 01-28-2014 11:23 AM

My imaging worked and I went to the Y. Water aerobics, laps, elliptical and rowing then walking the track. They have a seniors and weights group I wanted to go to however it was cancelled because of the weather. I then came home and used my snow blower for the second time today. Lots of extra calories burned. It always amazes me that exercise does not create and extra hunger. I did have a protein shake after working out but no extra calories.

aimeet_1 01-28-2014 11:49 AM

Good Afternoon everyone- I've recently rejoined the weight loss journey. I've been going to the gym (doing excercise classes & elipticals) for 2 weeks now-- going about 5 x per week. I'm 42 yo and it seems like my metabolism must be at a complete standstill. I weighed myself when I started 2 weeks ago-- 204 lbs. Then again this a.m. and it was only 202lbs. A little disappointing that I have only lost 1 lb per week (considering all the workouts and eating healthy I've been doing), but I suppose it's better than the scale going the other way.

One thing I have been really bad about in the past in hydration. Starting today I am increasing my water intake to at least 2-3 glasses per day. I have also bought some green tea and want to drink at least 2-3 glasses of that per day in addition. I hope that will help.

Also--in the past- I was only eating 2 large meals per day and starting 2 weeks ago I have been eating 3 smaller meals with light snacks 2 x per day. Any other tips ppl would like to share?

canary52 01-28-2014 01:17 PM

My goals:
1) plan food - Y, Y
2) stick as close to plan as possible, until the fatal biscotti Y
3) stretch daily - Y, Y
4) gym 2x this week (start small)
5) 6 glasses water - 4 water, 2 tea N
6) focus on work and achieve work goals -Y class