FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   Motivational Thread - January 20-26 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/10569-motivational-thread-january-20-26-a.html)

beccafries 01-26-2014 10:15 AM

I luv almond milk

cjohnson728 01-26-2014 01:14 PM

Debbie, thanks for all the recipes in the recipe thread! They look delicious :).

I just bought ricotta today; no real plan for it but it was buy-one-get-one-free, so now I think I'll try the calzones first!

lildebbieg 01-26-2014 01:18 PM

My absolute favourite protein is Whey Gourmet Naturelle! I love all three flavours, Vanilla, Chocolate and Strawberry-Banana. I'm not sure if this is only available in Canada though? I searched on amazon and couldn't find it?

I use my protein powder in "Cookie Dough Bites". I eat one or two of these when I'm hungry and I won't be eating a meal anytime soon. For anyone interested, here is the recipe:

Cookie Dough Bites
makes 12 bites

2/3 cup almond meal
1/3 cup oats
1 scoop protein powder
2 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. maple syrup
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Blend all ingredients (minus the chocolate chips) in a food processor until a dough forms. Using your hands, blend in the chocolate chips. Using a tablespoon, scoop out dough and form into a ball. Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks in the fridge. Yum Yum!!!!

libby116 01-26-2014 02:16 PM

Hi all. I haven't been logging my food or exercising for almost a week now.
First I was sick with the flu and then our furnace went out. The wood stove is keeping the house warm all except the basement which is like an igloo. Unfortunately that is were my treadmill is. I hope that things get back to normal soon. I'll post again when things get better.

t

cjohnson728 01-26-2014 02:42 PM

Thanks for another recipe win, Debbie. My son's sports season is starting and I'm always trying to find quick energy...definitely going to try these!

I've done pretty good this weekend with food choices, calories, and got a few workouts in. Hoping to keep it up next week...is the weekend over already :(

libby, hope you feel better soon, and that you warm up quickly!

lildebbieg 01-26-2014 11:54 PM

Hi Cassie - I have another no cook energy bite for you...if you want another recipe to try. I'll add both of these recipes to the recipe thread so they don't get lost.

Libby - I hope you're feeling better soon! The flu is no joke!

Energy Bites
makes 3 dozen

1 cup oats
2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup ground flaxseed or wheat germ
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Chill for 30 minutes in the fridge before rolling into 1" balls (or the size you like). Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.

cjohnson728 01-28-2014 01:23 AM

Thanks, Debbie. I'll put this one on the list, too. The size you like...hmm, when that involves chocolate chips, that right there is a dangerous proposition ;).

lildebbieg 01-28-2014 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 105319)
Thanks, Debbie. I'll put this one on the list, too. The size you like...hmm, when that involves chocolate chips, that right there is a dangerous proposition ;).

LOL!!! So true Cassie! :D