Notices

Motivational Thread - January 20-26

Old 01-22-2014, 04:32 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all Checking in with day 27 of my current rotation and will be doing day 8 of the new 30 day challenge and 45-60 minutes on the elliptical tonight as well. Finally starting to shed some of the excess sodium/water weight but the scale is still overall up.

Libby - How are the hot flashes today Hope you're having a great day!

Jenn - I don't know the whole history with your brother, but sometimes it's worth just biting your tongue and apologizing if someone's feelings were hurt...even though that was clearly not your intention. Make sure it's worth cutting someone out of your life. I only say this because I've seen so many families where someone is no longer talking to someone....and it usually does not bring peace and harmony as you may think.....it usually causes upset throughout the rest of the family...especially for your mom and dad. Maybe it's easier to just apologize, then step back and make some distance but not completely cut him out. This way you will still get to see you niece at least at family gatherings. Again...just my opinion and clearly not my life or my call. Just wanted to speak from a different perspective.

Have a great day all!
Old 01-22-2014, 05:04 AM
FitDay Member

A good day yesterday. Staying on track hoping for 2 pounds gone by Friday. With that in mind I'm off to the Y for "Joints in Motion" I haven't tried it but its done in the therapeutic pool. Warm water exercise sounds good when it's -23C outside. I meant to go yesterday however I made so many excuses not to go I actually laughed at myself - and made a deal that I had to go today no matter what.

Wondering why I brought salad for lunch in this cold weather but it tasted good.

Keep on looking after yourselves.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:54 AM
Banned

Hi Everybody,

I'm doing good so far... worked out mon/tues...will do some cardio
tonite for sure!...

Debbie, thanks for the inspiration..u right yesterday is yesterday
Old 01-22-2014, 09:34 AM
FitDay Member

Made it to the Y. I love exercising in the pool.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:39 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all Checking back in with BodyRock Catching Fire Day 8 (new 30 day challenge) and an additional 60 minutes on the elliptical! The scale is finally moving down after the Chinese food indulgence. Wow! 20 minutes on a Sunday night and it's Wednesday and I'm still trying to recover from that one poor decision. Hardly seems worth it! ....although if I'm being perfectly honest...it tasted so darned good!!!....but still not worth days of killin' it in the gym to recover!

Have a great evening all!
Old 01-22-2014, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

Hugs to all of you with difficult relationships. It's a tough decision, but a good one, to make the choice to have some peace for yourself, so kudos for standing up for what you need.

The past two days haven't gone too well. Not as careful as I should be, and not taking the time to do what I should. It's been a stressful week. The tough times in my life always revolve around two main themes..."you made this bed, now you gotta lie in it" and "no good deed goes unpunished." Both of them are cleaning my clock these days. Tomorrow will be another day, though, to pull my head out of my butt!
Old 01-22-2014, 05:30 PM
FitDay Member

hello all
Sorry about missing yesterday. I wish all best for those with bad relationship problems with family. I look back and reaalize what great parents I had. We did no much together as a family. Trips with my mom and dad. Time spent with sisters and brothers helping each other out.One of my sisters and I share expenses and house payment. Nether of us could make it on our own. My oldest brother isi helping us by paying the electric bill for us. We all live with in about 50 miles of each other except the oldest in VIrginia.
We are still close even after our parents passed on.
I am in the boat with those who are having a bad week. I did stay with inmy calorie limit to day first time in a long time. I see light at the end of the tunnel.

my goals
1 log every thing eat m-n,t-n, w-y,
2 post every day m-n, t-y,w-y
3 drink 8 cups of water m-y,t-n
4 2 veg and 2 fruits a day. m-n,t-y,w-veggies yes friut no
5 exercise light my back and hip are tender.

Nyda
Old 01-22-2014, 10:28 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all Checking in with day 28 of my current rotation and will be doing day 9 of the new 30 day challenge and maybe some time on the elliptical....I'll have to see how I'm feeling. It was a tough workout this morning after doing so much exercise yesterday....but the scale is moving down again!

I'm so sorry to hear all those that are having a tough week. We're now in the 3 week post holidays, so maybe we're moving past the excitement and commitment of new weight loss goals for the new year and now moving into the day to day challenges? Who knows, but I wish each and everyone of us the strength to do what we need to do for ourselves....not just weight loss but also personal relationships, personal struggles, etc.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:10 AM
FitDay Member

Checking back in with another 60 minutes on the elliptical......not sure who I'm checking in with....I guess the crickets Wow! It's quiet here today!
Old 01-23-2014, 11:45 AM
FitDay Member

Checking in. Busy week, but it's flying by. TGIF tomorrow!

I'm do great on calories this week. Good on my high intensity work out. Not so hot on yoga. It's always what suffers in a time crunch.

I hope to see some results on the scale this week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.