FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   Motivational Thread - January 20-26 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/10569-motivational-thread-january-20-26-a.html)

eej5 01-21-2014 05:03 AM

You all want my "healthy" chocolate milkshake recipe for when I have to have ice cream?

You'll need frozen bananas, so a little planning is required.

OK. I put a couple of ounces of milk in the blender. Then throw in a frozen banana, a big spoonful of peanut butter (you can skip or use an alternative like almond or sunflower seed butter). Then a small spoonful of cocoa powder and a little drizzle of agave nectar (or a little sweetener of your choice).

Then blend it up, and it's delicious.

Kathy13118 01-21-2014 06:27 AM

Yummmmm!

libby116 01-21-2014 07:23 AM

Erin, I would like to get one of those yonana machines. How do the calories compare to ice cream? It sounds yummy.

adyndravo1 01-21-2014 09:17 AM

Hi all. A day late but I am here. I had a bad weekend and an even worse Monday. I was so tired last night I had french bread and jam for super. I am a bit stiff today from 5 days in a row. The bakery job is very phyisical. I am adding a new goal this week. I am eating my lunch right now. French bread no butter or jam, lettuce a nd spinach salad with ranch dressing (Not to much though) and baked chicken (no skin). Any goals this week are

my goals
1 log every thing eat m-n
2 post every day m-n
3 drink 8 cups of water m-y
4 2 veg and 2 fruits a day. m-n
5 exercise light my back and hip are tender.

I liked the quote at the begining of the thread. Here is an other one to remember

Yesterday is History, tomorrow is a mystery, Today is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

libby116 01-21-2014 10:43 AM

Weeks Goals
Calories under 1200 YN
Treadmill 3X YY
Hand weights 3X Y
Water 6 glasses YY
lose 1 pound a week
Post every day and weigh in on Friday no matter what

My cravings got the better of me today. I'm not feeling well and wanted comfort food.

jjrudd 01-21-2014 01:46 PM

Hi all. Stressful weekend and even worse Mon. I hate dealing with bullies and when it's a family member it makes it worse.
Goals for the week will be to eat healthy and drink water.

Jenn

lildebbieg 01-21-2014 02:13 PM

Checking back in with BodyRock Catching Fire Day 7 (new 30 day challenge) and an additional 45 minutes on the elliptical. I'm determined to get this water weight off!

What's going on....how come we're all struggling this week? Whatever the reason, I'm glad we're all in this together and it's nice to be able to come here and be honest about how we are doing without feeling judged. Tomorrow's hump day, so there's still time to turn this week around!

Off to bed...check back in with you all tomorrow :)

eej5 01-22-2014 01:27 AM

Hang in there everyone. Monday is over.

Jenn... Bullies are no good. My sister is a bully and I finally had to quit that relationship. It's hard and made me really sad during the holidays, but overall, things have been much more calm and enjoyable since.

I'm not suggesting you need to cut your bully out of your life -- but know that it can be done and may make things better.

OK... calories on my "milkshake" smoothie. The way I do it -- with almond milk and sunflower seed butter has about 255 calories for the whole thing. But my husband and I split it, so that makes a serving about 127 calories.

I use about a teaspoon of agave nectar and about a teaspoon of cocoa.

jjrudd 01-22-2014 02:59 AM

Thanks Erin. It's actually my brother. It is at the point where the relationship can't be mended. He's right and we're wrong. All over the fact that we didn't send a sympathy card to his wife on the death of her grandmother (who we had never met--she was 95). Unfortunately they have a little girl 1 1/2 and it means we will never see her.
Jenn
P.S. No emotional eating--have been working my aggression out by cleaning.

eej5 01-22-2014 03:22 AM

I'm sorry, Jenn. I went above and beyond with my sister for too long because I wanted to keep my nephew in my life. But at some point, you can't take the bad behavior. For us, the bad behavior threatened my daughter's health/life and that was it. She'll never apologize because she's never wrong in her mind.

It's probably easier for me as I live 1400 miles from her, so I didn't see them in person much anyway. Although we used to talk nearly everyday.