Notices

Motivational Thread for Week of 1-13-14

Old 01-13-2014, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator

I'm going to steal a goal from the ones that have posted so far.
Originally Posted by cjohnson728
6. Check in and post daily.
Originally Posted by libby116
6 glasses of water YNY
Originally Posted by eej5
Don't procrastinate on work stuff
Originally Posted by Dcar4
Lose 2 lbs this wk.
Originally Posted by Kumochi
Eat healthy
1) Eat healthy
2) Lose 2 pounds
3) 6 glasses of water (six 16.9 oz bottles)
4) Check in and post daily
5) Don't procrastinate work stuff
Old 01-13-2014, 08:41 AM
FitDay Member

Hi again! Checking back in with my workout of the day. Today was day 17 of my current 30 day rotation. Today was Rock My Abs which clocked in at 30 minutes and is an interval workout that alternates between abs and cardio. Feels so good to be working out again....although I did find it hard in the breathing department...my lungs are still not right after this virus. Hopefully exercising helps to move along the healing process Now off to make dinner.

Have a great evening all!
Old 01-13-2014, 10:16 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, I am getting stronger and my arms are toning up nicely. I haven't lost a lot of weight but my clothes are fitting looser. YAY
I am glad that you are feeling better.

Week 3
Day 4

Goals
Calorie limit 1200 YNYY
6 glasses of water YNYY
Treadmill 3X YYYY
Hand weights 3X YYY
Post daily and weigh in on Friday no matter what
Old 01-13-2014, 12:40 PM
Banned

I ate very good today...no bread!!
completed my workout- cardio n wts
I feel awesome

Debbie, glad you are feeling better..is Rock my Abs a dvd???
Welcome DCAR
Old 01-13-2014, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

Mary, so good to see you again. Welcome back. I had a bit of a hiatus myself.

DCar, welcome to FitDay. I hope you get a lot out of the group. Holler if any of us can answer anything or help in any way.

Glad to hear folks are doing well & making muscles! Debbie, hope your "wind" comes back soon.

Mern, I hope you enjoyed the babysitting. I can think of worse ways to spend a day .

I made a big pot of turkey soup tonight. A freezer full of carcasses can be a wonderful thing.

Checking in:

1. Log everything. Yes
2. Exercise 5 days (M & W are 12-hour days at work) Yes
3. 1300 calories max. 1215
4. Balance the pie chart for what works for me. Yes
5. Force the fluids. Fair
6. Check in and post daily. Yes

Last edited by cjohnson728; 01-13-2014 at 04:58 PM. Reason: forgot to log something earlier!
Old 01-13-2014, 04:46 PM
FitDay Member

I had a long and busy day at work. No sitting down for this girl when working, to much todao. I went over 30 minutes tonight. I came home and ate abread and jam. not a good day today. I am so looking forward to tomorrow I have no place to go unless we can trank the cat. If it works I will take her to vet. Wierd cat, but need to get her spayed.
So any way welcome new comers and welcome back to others.

Goals this week
1 log everything eat m-y
2 post daily m-y
3 drink 8 cups water m-y
4 exercise on days don't work.
Nyda
Old 01-14-2014, 02:50 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all! Checking in with day 19 of my current 30 day rotation which was a 40 minute HIIT workout alternating upper body (focusing on biceps) and cardio. Awesome workout! I'm feeling stronger today than I did yesterday, but I still find my lung capacity is not what it was.

Cassie - I too have a carcass in my freezer My sister's company bought turkeys for all it's employees and doubled the order to donate the extra turkeys to homeless shelters/soup kitchens over the holiday season. Well it turned out many of the employees didn't want a turkey and the shelter could only take a few turkeys. My sister ended up with 20 turkeys and couldn't even give them away. I ended up taking one and now will have to cook it up at some point and find creative ways to use all the meat. My kids don't eat meat, so it's only me and my husband. I'll definitely make a soup with the bones and I guess I'll be eating turkey wraps for months to come!

Becca - I've spent so much money and time on workout dvds over the years, that I ended up coming up with my own workouts and rotation. I named each of my current workouts and made a calendar like you would see in these expensive dvd series. I named them funny names....sort of a tougne in cheek funny...because sometimes I think the commercial fitness industry is ridiculous. Yes.....simple things amuse me My workout today was called Bodacious Biceps! Although the names are funny, the workouts are no joke! I could market this stuff!

Libby - If you're clothes are fitting loser and you haven't lost any weight on the scale, that can only mean one thing....you're changing your body composition!!!! Losing fat/gaining muscle looks sooooo much nicer than just 'losing weight'! Simply dieting to lose weight will help you lose some body fat, but also you'll lose muscle. If you do resistance training while reducing calories, you'll lose body fat but you'll maintain muscle and/or even gain some muscle! more muscle = faster metabolism = easier to maintain fat lost in the long term! ......but you already new all that right

Have a great day all!
Old 01-14-2014, 03:40 AM
Super Moderator

1) Eat healthy ehhh...no
2) Lose 2 pounds
3) 6 glasses of water (six 16.9 oz bottles) yes
4) Check in and post daily yes
5) Don't procrastinate work stuff yes
Old 01-14-2014, 04:09 AM
FitDay Member

Default On track!

Hi everyone! Just finished making some lentil soup with squash, tomatoes, zucchini, and a couple pieces of Andouille! Can't wait to eat some. I started weight watchers a couple wks ago, lost 4 lbs 1st wk, went on a cruise 2nd wk (gained it back ) & now back on track since Sun. Started a new workout regimen yesterday (upper body sore - and that's a good thing). Accomplished all my goals yesterday (and then some..). On track to continue today. I have never joined a weight loss group before - but weight watchers is a program I think I can live with.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:12 AM
Banned

Trying to drink More water , More water.....
Plan to work out when I get home for sure!

Dcar- soup sounds delish!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.