Notices

Yo Yo No Mo'

Old 01-08-2014, 08:27 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Yo Yo No Mo'

I've been a yo-yo dieter most of my life. From a low of 114 lbs as a teen to a high 180s in my mid-50s - MOST of the time between age 20 & 50 bouncing between 120 and 150. My optimal range is 128 - 134 for my height and age (60). I've always known that for me, upping my exercise and doing a journal of what I eat is the best/most successful way to keep things in balance & at a good weight. After my mother passed away I had to deal with a lot of family stress/drama/finances and I went from good work-out/food habits to no exercise & bad food habits - specifically snacking in front of the TV late at night which only added about 1/3 pound a week but over three years - yeah, I put on almost 50 lbs. Was SHOCKED when I saw the number on my scale Jan 2nd and realized I had a BMI of over 30. SO - back to journalling my exercise & intake via FitDay. I don't believe what's said about "past 40" it's harder - I think it's just that women in their teens, 20s, 30s are bouncing around more because of life-style and that's why they lose faster. I've been doing FitDay for six days now and I love feeling back in control - just a day or so away from getting under the 30 BMI mark. Hoping to use this space to start a dialog with other women in the same place as I (needing to drop a significant amount).
Old 01-08-2014, 08:31 AM
Super Moderator

You're back on track... and in control. Good luck to you!
Old 01-23-2014, 10:56 AM
FitDay Member

Good luck! You so got this. If you take your time and enjoy the journey there will be a lifestyle change instead of the dieting! Feel free to friend me.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:28 AM
FitDay Member

Default Paleo!

Thats great you are able to stick with it, it really is all about getting in a routine that you dont mind doing. If you can allow yourself to eat foods you like, but are getting Nutrition that your body needs, you are almost definitely going to lose weight. Consider letting go of grains, wheat and flour and what not have alot of adverse effects for your body, not to mention they provide no nutrition