Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational for the week of 1/6/14, Resolutions, Shmesolutions, Let's Get Serious >

Motivational for the week of 1/6/14, Resolutions, Shmesolutions, Let's Get Serious

Community
Notices

Motivational for the week of 1/6/14, Resolutions, Shmesolutions, Let's Get Serious

Old 01-09-2014, 03:58 PM
FitDay Member

It looks like every one is doing great. I am feeling better but my calories are still up. need to do something about that. Cleaned the fridge andsorted the freeaer today. It was nasty today out side. It was blowing and snowing and dirting. So no shoveling.

GOAL FOR WEEK
1 LOG EVERY THING I eat m-n t-close. w-y,t-y,
2-Post at least once a day m-n.t-y,w-y,t-y,
3 Drink 8 cups of water min-m-y-,t-n, w-y,t-y
4 exercise 2 times, not yet,t-y
Old 01-10-2014, 01:02 AM
Banned

I had a bad week.... every since last Friday weigh in....but I'm back on it.

Debbie, glad you're feeling so much better...that flu bug is serious around here
lots of deaths from it.... in a matter of days in some cases...
Old 01-10-2014, 02:05 AM
FitDay Member

Thursday report:

Green= on target Blue=still time to achieve my week's goal Red= missed target

Over in carbs--again--but this time it was accidental. I forgot to log the 4 carb dairy blend (faux yogurt) that I ate before I logged, so didn't consider that in my planned menu and then later I mindlessly grabbed and ate some almonds after I had already logged my carb limit. Upped my weight in my siggy by .4 lbs. due to eating too many carbs and not exercising enough.

Calories 1200-1600 1734, 1354, 1374, 1496
Saturated fat average maximum of 12% of total calories 11%, 18%, 11%, 12%
Net carbs (total carbs less fiber) average maximum 25g per day 30g, 35g, 25g 30g
Fiber average minimum of 25g per day 41g, 35g, 40g, 35g
Protein average minimum of 120g per day 147g, 84g, 123g, 123g
Dietary cholesterol average maximum of 250mg per day 254mg, 155mg gives me an average of 204.5mg, 165mg, 221mg
Water 48 oz. per day YES, YES, YES, YES
Exercise 3 days 1, 2

Menu today still needs some tweaking but we're going out for dinner and I have my meal picked out that's on plan for me.

breakfast was lean pork chop and zero cholesterol egg blend, coffee with non-dairy creamer

lunch will be tuna salad with ranch dressing instead of mayo

dinner will be steak with mushrooms, tossed salad with ranch dressing, green beans, iced tea or diet cola

protein shake with flaxmeal

Last edited by Mern; 01-10-2014 at 02:25 AM.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:08 AM
Super Moderator

I'm still here. We had our annual company meeting yesterday so I've been busy. I'll try to update when I get out the office today. I did make it to the gym last night though.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:22 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, great report. Glad you got to enjoy your quilting. Right now my favorite thing in the whole world is rocking my 4 1/2 month old great-granddaughter to sleep.

Nyda, you had a great report, too. Glad you're feeling better. Sometimes those extra calories are in order. Please come clean MY fridge and sort MY freezer. LOL I hope your weather gets un-nasty soon!

Becca, great job getting back on track.

Mike, congrats on making it to the gym.
Old 01-10-2014, 04:03 AM
FitDay Member

I am here and ready to move. Good work on the weigh in.
Week 3 CW 168.4
Day 1

Goals
Calorie limit 1200
3 fruits and 3 vegetables
Treadmill 3X
Hand weights 3X
6 glasses water
Post daily
Weigh every Friday no matter what.

I will post my days results tonight.
Old 01-10-2014, 04:28 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I'm still on the mend, but still not up for a workout. I am starting to at least move around the house....trying to put it back together after almost a week of being down and out. It's incredible how fast a house can fall apart when mom is sick! I need to get things back in order this weekend since I should be back to work on Monday. I do have to say that my husband has been awesome this past week! He's really picked up the slack with me being off duty I'm a very lucky girl to have him as are the kids.

Becca - Crazy people are dying from the influenza virus! Very scary! I'm counting my lucky stars that I'm on the mend! Sorry to hear you had a bad week (you know we all have them! ), but I'm glad to hear you're getting back on track

Libby - You're doing a great job setting AND hitting those goals! Keep it up girl!

Mern - So sweet that your favourite activity is rocking your great-granddaughter to sleep. It's such a precious time isn't it! I think this has always been my mothers favourite thing with her grandchildren too. So much so that even now when my kids have a sleepover at her house, she insists on snuggling with my daughter. My daughter is 6 but still loves to climb up on our knee and cuddle!! My mother tells me to enjoy it because it is such a short time in their lives that they want to do this....so I do! This past week since I've been sick, my daughter asks me if I want a 'medicine-hug'. I ask her what a 'medicine-hug' is and she tells me love and hugs are the best medicine and she wants to help me feel better. Isn't she sweet! I'll try to remember these special moments when the teen years hit!

Have a great day all!
Old 01-10-2014, 08:09 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Guys,
I have been lurking on this thread for a long time. For the past year (?!) I've often thought to myself, "on Monday I'll introduce myself and get started in that weekly group". Then I never do it. So, what the heck, I'm going to jump in and crash your party right before the weekend -- which is always the toughest for me anyway -- in hopes that it will get me on the right track.

I'm a grad student working on my MS in Cultural Resource Management. The problem is that I have a really hard time with multi-tasking. I just cannot accept that "done is better than good" mentality that seems to be key for getting through grad school. I have a lot of hobbies, I work, and I'm (supposed to be) finishing my thesis. I have recently changed the focus of my research and I'm in a bit of a rut (unmotivated by new topic, feeling like a failure for abandoning the old one, etc.) That said, I have a relatively simple life compared to many people, but I just can't seem to find a good balance. Even right this minute, posting here is kind of a procrastination for what I really should be doing. That's messed up, but I still think it's a worthy cause. So for me this year is going to be all about balance -- especially in the next 6-8 months. In the short term, I'd like to keep up with my fitness/sports goals while finishing my thesis. I will prove to myself that it is possible to focus on more than one thing at a time. My goal is to finish my new research proposal by next Tuesday (1/14) and have it approved by the following Tuesday (1/21). My planned reward is to build a sweet new bike after this has been accomplished. I would like to be riding that bike before the end of the month.

I am planning to lock myself in my apartment all "fortress of solitude meets shaolin temple meets YouTube deprivation chamber" style this weekend in order to make this happen.

With that in mind, my goals for the remainder of this week are the following:
1.) At least 6 hours of thesis work/day, focus on one section per day

2.) At least 1 hour (but not more than 2 hours) of cycling (or other) per day

3.) Around 1800-2000 calories per day (dependent on workout intensity)

Cheers everyone!
Old 01-10-2014, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator

Health and Fitness:
1) lose 3 pounds -1.6, -.6, +2.4 (too much sodium, not enough water), -1.8 (net -1.6)
2) gym 3 times no , yes, no, yes, ??
3) 3 liter water per day yes, yes, no, yes, ??
4) 3 fruits/veggies per day yes, yes, no, yes, ??

Other
5) 3 Random acts of kindness (RAKs) no, no, no, no ??

I'll have to check back to update my 2-5 goals.

I've totally forgot about doing RAKs. I had a friend tell me he just bought a house, I offered to help him move when it's time. It'll probably be a week or two away so the deed isn't done so I guess I can't count it. Last night I held the door open for a girl that was walking up behind me at the gym, I guess I can't count that either since I'm from the south, it's probably expected.

Old 01-10-2014, 09:39 AM
FitDay Member

Quick post to say hi before kiddo wakes up from her nap. It's been a busy week, and I should be proud I didn't gain, but I was hoping to see a loss, and I didn't

I was OK on my calories, but I cheated on sugar this week and didn't work out as much as I should. I guess I know I can't cheat.

I've got to get back on the wagon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.