Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational for the week of 1/6/14, Resolutions, Shmesolutions, Let's Get Serious >

Motivational for the week of 1/6/14, Resolutions, Shmesolutions, Let's Get Serious

Community
Notices

Motivational for the week of 1/6/14, Resolutions, Shmesolutions, Let's Get Serious

Old 01-10-2014, 09:54 AM
FitDay Member

I am here and ready to move. Good work on the weigh in.
Week 3 CW 168.4
Day 1

Goals
Calorie limit 1200 Y
3 fruits and 3 vegetables Y
Treadmill 3X Y
Hand weights 3X
6 glasses water Y
Post daily Y
Weigh every Friday no matter what. Y

I had a good day.

Welcome sailor doom.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:54 AM
FitDay Member

[QUOTE=SailorDoom;104838]Hi Guys,
I have been lurking on this thread for a long time.

I have recently changed the focus of my research and I'm in a bit of a rut (unmotivated by new topic, feeling like a failure for abandoning the old one, etc.)

My planned reward is to build a sweet new bike after this has been accomplished. I would like to be riding that bike before the end of the month.

[QUOTE]

Welcome SailorDoom, lurking is good as a preliminary step! I am myself a habitual lurker - I religiously read what you guys are up to, just don't seem to have anything to say these days...

I hear you about the research! It always takes seven times longer than you planned, doesn't it?

You are going to ride that new bike in January in Minnesota?! Outside? Though I have a history here of misunderstanding bikes...

Kudos to the group - seems like you are all doing so well in 2014! I might even get inspired and post some tiny goals myself!
Old 01-10-2014, 12:11 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Kocia and Libby, thanks for the welcome!

Kocia -- Ah! I need to change my profile. Though I am a proud Minnesotan, I have temporarily re-located to Washington State for grad school. People think 40 degrees is cold here, but I say it's perfect weather for a ride! My friend and I have a theory that one should be able to ride as many miles as the temperature reads. So even if it's 20 degrees, you can suck it up and ride 20 miles. We're still testing the validity and limits of our claims... Seriously though, being able to ride virtually year-round here is such a treat. If it gets really nasty or I'm feeling lazy, I'll ride indoors on my rollers or stationary trainer.

Lurking is a funny thing and definitely not how I operate in real life. I can't help but think of the SNL/Niki Minaj "Creep" skit every time I'm browsing FitDay, Facebook, or whatever. Get in here and post some goals with me this year -- it felt good just to make my goals "public", even if they're pretty short term right now.

Cheers!
Old 01-10-2014, 04:31 PM
FitDay Member

Hello all. It has been a better day weather wise. I still didn't get outside. Mern I got the pantry cleaned out today. I have been slowly getting back the groove. I ate fewer claories today.It so nice to see everyone posting. It really helps me and I am saure helps most of us.
Welcom SailorDoom. What kind of bike are you building. MY borther gave me a very nice peddle bike. A cruiser with 7 speeds and fenders. Here in EAST Idaho will have to wait till snow melts. I am getting impatient.
I spent time looking through a seed catolog today. I think I am going to try more greens to eat fresh. Some like spinach I can start end of this month. Make my mouth water just thinking about it.Tomorrow I am going grocery shoping. I will have to buy store tomatoes, first time since July.Kocia nice to hear from youu. You and sailor can luark all you want. Mike I need to work on my raks too

GOAL FOR WEEK
1 LOG EVERY THING I eat m-n t-close. w-y,t-y,f-y,
2-Post at least once a day m-n.t-y,w-y,t-y,f-y,
3 Drink 8 cups of water min-m-y-,t-n, w-y,t-yf-y
4 exercise 2 times, not yet,t-y,
Old 01-11-2014, 12:50 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all, running in, running out. Welcome Sailor Doom, Kocia, and Erin.

Yesterday was a wash, we took DD to airport; she went back to school (heavy sigh), and it snowed enough to be a nuisance, huge burger and some fries from diner for lunch and salted caramel biscotti after (too... much... food), took kitty to vet, went to movies with DH ( candy/pocorn yikes.)

I've been eating out of control these past couple of days and today will be a challenge: pancake breakfast at friends', dinner at my food friends'. Yikes!

Goals:
1) Plan meals or log - yes, yes I planned yes but I went farrrrr off... and again Thursday Friday no plan, no control
2) Drink water (6 glasses min.) -5, 4-5 8, using a bottle instead of a glass helps ?, no
3) stretch daily -no yes, yes, yes no
4) Go back to gym -no, no, no, no, no
5) Despite brutal weather, try to get outside -yes (it was warm, 45 degress haha) yes ( a toasty 6 degrees!) no yes, yes
6) See friends - saw DD no but making plans; I have plans to see friends Sat night, staying over a friend's Sunday, having lunch with one Tuesday and tried for Friday no, no
7) Be nicer to spouse - yes, yes ish, coulda waited dinner for him but was very affectionate yes, yes
8) Work towards 2/15 deadline (get serious) -no yes trying, no no
9) Study Spanish (have fun) -no si, si, si no
10) Meditate cause it helps -no yes, yes no, no
Old 01-11-2014, 12:53 AM
FitDay Member

Plan:
egg whites (to minimize pancakes)
a couple of pancakes (2) to be polite, haha
fruit
leftover chicken for lunch and salad
some hummus and carrots
a slice or two of brisket
some salmon
veg
fruit

Let's see what happens. I am not confident about my self control, nto gonna lie. I've got to remember how lousy I have felt form overeating.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:47 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! I'm finally feeling at least 90% today! What a relief to start feeling well again! I'm going to continue my efforts to put my house back together today then tomorrow I'm planning to get back to my workouts. I'm really looking forward to it! Hopefully I can handle it!

Hope - Stay strong! I know, I know...easier said than done...but now that you've joined us on the Friday weigh in you're always only a few days away from a weigh in...at least that's how I look at it to try to keep myself motivated

A warm welcome to Sailor Doom, and Kocia! Glad you joined in!! I too lurked for a long time before I finally joined in. WELCOME!!

Hello to Cassy, Mern, Mike, Libby, Becca, adyndravo1, Jenn.....and anyone else I missed! Hey vabeachgirlNYC Where are you? Check in girl!

Wishing you all an awesome day and a strong will to stay on your path
Old 01-11-2014, 08:18 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, all.

Just checking in for the day to say hi. You all are motivating me to organize my pantry.

I haven't got a work out in today, but I did get to the grocery store to restock on fruits, veggies and a couple of other essentials for the week.

I also watched some basketball. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

I second everyone's welcome, Sailor Doom and Kocia.

Now I'm going to go wash / prep a bunch of veggies so they're easy to eat through out the week. I think we'll have a veggie stir fry tonight.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:31 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for all the nice welcomes!

adyndravo1, You have officially motivated me to clean out the freezer. We're having crazy freezer-food (aka: veggies and turkey) lasagne for dinner tonight. To answer your question, I'm building a new road bike. I started racing (on a dare!) on an older aluminum bike two years ago. At the time, I really wasn't ready to take the plunge ans spend gobs of money on a bike. Even though I'll never be super competitive, it's been really fun and something I know I'll stick with as a lifelong sport. It turns out that cycling is a surprisingly "stuff"-oriented sport and for the last year or so I've been dreaming about an upgrade -- something more suited to me, rather than an "off the rack" type thing. So I've been slowly acquiring parts over the last several months, and now I'm ready to build a new ride. It'll be a black carbon stealth/ninja/flyupthemountainwithouteventrying machine that will inspire both fear and awe in the hearts of my teammates and opponents. Side note: Looking cool is VERY important in cycling. I'll post before and after pics once the project is officially underway.

Hope, how did your willpower hold up? I am familiar with the difficulty of saying no when you're a guest at someone's house or in another social situation. You can do it though -- stay strong!

lildebbie, glad to hear you're feeling better. Take it easy at the gym and let us know how it goes!

Goal Progress Report:
1.) At least 6 hours of thesis work/day, focus on one section per day
Friday: Kind of. 5ish hours. Very painful, but progress was made. Followed by serious YouTube binge. Geez! What's my problem?!

2.) At least 1 hour (but not more than 2 hours) of cycling (or other) per day
Friday: Yep. 1 hour run/walk outside as a break.

3.) Around 1800-2000 calories per day (dependent on workout intensity)
Friday: Came in under at 1622. I'll take it.

Here's to finishing the weekend strong! Don't wait 'til Monday! Cheers everyone!
Old 01-11-2014, 12:05 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SailorDoom
...It'll be a black carbon stealth/ninja/flyupthemountainwithouteventrying machine that will inspire both fear and awe in the hearts of my teammates and opponents. Side note: Looking cool is VERY important in cycling.
OMG! Thanks for the laugh!! Love the description of your new ride! Can't wait to see the before and afters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.