Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational for the week of 1/6/14, Resolutions, Shmesolutions, Let's Get Serious >

Motivational for the week of 1/6/14, Resolutions, Shmesolutions, Let's Get Serious

Notices

Motivational for the week of 1/6/14, Resolutions, Shmesolutions, Let's Get Serious

Old 01-07-2014, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

Mern, you must just come from a family of strong-willed women . Your GDD sounds like a ton of fun, though. It's so cool to watch their little personalities develop.

Hope, so good to see you. I've been...better...worse...long story, but climbing back. Fitday is part of my road there.

Mike...did you fry a turkey? What is it they do in NOLA?

Libby & Debbie, hope you both feel better soon and get some relief.

I still have to log the food; been putting it off because it's by guess or by gosh with out to lunch and a new recipe for dinner, so I need to get creative. But my choices were good, for the most part.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:32 PM
FitDay Member

hello everyone. I was just so exhausted last night I had supper and went to bed eary. So I well post my goals a day late.THe one in my family that made good soup was my Dad. He would start in the monring and have it ready for dinner. His chicken soup with homemade noodles is a great memory and he made a really good beef soup as well. I lilke my new job. Worked 4 days and now have 4 off. I am going to get a menu wrote up and follow it even if I don't feel like it. I will get out the exercies vid's on thrusday. It is too cold to go outside and the road is ice.
Mern it is so good to see you and all the others here I missed all of you. I did really over the holidays and only gained back 3 pounds. Congrats on you weight loss. If we could loose 1 pound a week subtract that 52 pounds from current weight. A very nice number comes up
Mike I like the count. congrats on the weight loss
Libby hope you are feeling better soon.
Debbie same to you. Do you have the flue. It is going around here in Idaho.A soft cyber hug to both of you.
Hope we here lucked out and most of the cold air went the other side of the
mountians.

I am going to look at the cityline site. I think a tweaked the back yesterday.

Goals for this week
1 log in food every bite
2 drink 8 cups water.
3 post here every day.
4 exercise 2 times
Old 01-07-2014, 03:36 PM
FitDay Member

I was born with a kidney condition that produces stones. I am guessing that I got it from my Dad because he had kidney stones too. I am not in pain now but I have passed a lot of kidney stones over the past 30 years. Keeping hydrated and drinking warm water with lemon as well as cranberry juice is recommended. I hope that your nephew feels better soon.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:01 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) Plan meals or log - yes, yes
2) Drink water (6 glasses min.) -5, 4-5
3) stretch daily -no yes
4) Go back to gym -no, no
5) Despite brutal weather, try to get outside -yes (it was warm, 45 degress haha) yes ( a toasty 6 degrees!)
6) See friends - saw DD no but making plans
7) Be nicer to spouse - yes, yes
8) Work towards 2/15 deadline (get serious) -no yes
9) Study Spanish (have fun) -no si
10) Meditate cause it helps -no yes
Old 01-08-2014, 01:04 AM
FitDay Member

Plan for 1/7/14
Breakfast:
egg whites on whole wheat toast- oatmeal with pears and strawberries
snack:
apple or orange -pineapple
Lunch:
soup -lots of soup (2 bowls?)
snack: Vitamuffin - yes Vitamuffin
dinner:
fish or chicken with salad or veg - grouper fajita (low carb low cal wrp-60 calories) with guacamaole and suateed onions and peppers so not totally low cal
snack: 2 c. popcorn
Old 01-08-2014, 01:31 AM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Report:

Kind of an off day yesterday, but it's early enough in the week that I can get my averages on track for the week.

Green= on target Blue=still time to achieve my week's goal Red= missed target

Calories 1200-1600 1734, 1354
Saturated fat average maximum of 12% of total calories 11%, 18%
Net carbs (total carbs less fiber) average maximum 25g per day 30g, 35g
Fiber averrage minimum of 25g per day 41g, 35g
Protein average minimum of 120g per day 147g, 84g
Dietary cholesterol average maximum of 250mg per day 254mg, 155mg gives me an average of 204.5mg
Water 48 oz. per day YES, YES
Exercise 3 days

Today's planned and pre-logged menu with room for another snack if needed:

Protein Shake with flaxmeal

Cottage Cheese, scrambled zero cholesterol egg blend

Portabella mushroom cap stuffed with a mixture of ground turkey, sauteed onion, cauliflower, tomatoes, and Mexican seasonings.

Smoked turkey sausage (yeah, it's processed and I'll limit it to 2 oz.), cooked mixed veggies, and cole slaw

another protein shake
Old 01-08-2014, 01:34 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, my goodness, I had no idea. I hope you are OK and not in too much pain. Also that you get the best results possible from the tests.

Debbie, so sorry you are sick again. Is there anything you do to bring down your fever and give you relief?

Mike, I'm very good to the Hubster, aren't I? Don't answer. Not fair with that mention of Popeye's. I'm trying to be good here.

Cassie, I like your modification of the goal: be nicer to patients; that's funny. I hope your times are more up than down (except for your weight if that is your goal.)

Mern, Almonds aren't bad, a healthy snack. I try not to eat at night but sometimes ya gotta. Since I have knee replacement, I take anti bs for a teeth cleaning. I DID buy myself some new long sleeved tops. I literally had nearly nothing; I gave so many away to Goodwill before buying more! Good plan, huh? Thanks for the soup idea, better than the canned stuff I was gonna eat! Even DD, Her Majesty, Queen of Junk Food, will not eat canned soup.

Adyndravo1, Your dad's soup sounds off the charts..homemade noodles...yum...

Last edited by canary52; 01-08-2014 at 01:43 AM.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:39 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, nice plan! That mushroom cap and the sausage call to me...

Ok my plan:

Breakfast:
one egg, one egg white with baby bella mushrooms and onions in a low carb low cal whole wheat wrap, maybe with a little goat cheese

Snack:
fruit- apple or pineapple

Lunch
Soup

Snack:
2 c. popcorn or 1/2 c. sweet potato chips

Dinner is a puzzle now, kinda sick of fish
Chicken cutlets or beef and broccoli

Snack:
sugar free chocolate Vitamuffin
Old 01-08-2014, 02:09 AM
Super Moderator

Health and Fitness:
1) lose 3 pounds -1.6, -.6 (-2.2 net)
2) gym 3 times no , yes
3) 3 liter water per day yes, yes
4) 3 fruits/veggies per day yes, yes

Other
5) 3 Random acts of kindness (RAKs) no, no
Old 01-08-2014, 02:14 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, kudos on making good choices and trying new recipes. I was thinking yesterday about how GGD comes from a long line of strong-willed women. Two of my adult male cousins have teased me about their knowing not to "mess" with the women our family. LOL GGD's Daddy thinks she just squeals in protest because she has mastered that sound and reserves it as an expression of dislike. I don't know that a four month old can rationalize to that extent yet.

Nyda! Hello! You have VERY nice goals for the week. Wow, your Dad made his own noodles for the soup! I've never done that. I'll bet his soups were delicious. It's great to have those memories of the aroma of beloved comfort foods in our heads. When I write my menus, it's a plan, but I don't lock myself into it. I try to pre-log it and then if I make changes I also change my food log. I'll join you in the exercise DVDs. Only a three pound gain over the holidays is wonderful. My holiday weight gain (between Thanksgiving and Christmas) usually comes off fairly easily when I restart in the new year. My doc was very cordial about it when I told her I would eat what I wanted during the holidays, but would try to not binge--and I kept that promise. Yeah, just a pound a week adds up to a great loss. Wishing you safety on your icy roads. Did you hurt your back a bit yesterday? If so, how are you feeling today?

Libby, I don't know much about kidney stones at all. I didn't know there were any congenital conditions that cause stones. I'm glad you're not in pain now. My nephew is on antibiotics right now "in case it's just an infection" and will go for tests if his symptoms aren't cleared up by the time he's done with the meds. Thanks for your best wishes for him. And you have mine, as well.

Hope, congrats on your meal planning, stretches, and getting outside. Six degrees is a heat wave for you, eh? LOL Kudos on your personal goals, too. OMG, your grouper fajita description has my mouth watering. I'll have to try that sometime! Ooh, the egg, mushroom and goat cheese wrap sounds like a yummy combination, too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.