Notices

Motivational Thread Starting 12/16/2013

Old 12-23-2013, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator

I was satisfied with my goals this week except for going out too much (I went out again last night, didn't plan on it but better than staying in I guess) and being higher on carbs than normal. My average for the week was 1127 cals a day, macros about 30/30/30.

I took a bunch of my dogs to the beach yesterday afternoon. It was a gorgeous day here. I ran and walked in the sand and surf with them (a killer leg workout) and just let go of all my stress and really enjoyed letting myself forget about life for a while, my dogs acted like perfect angels, I haven't had them off leash at the beach in a while, no one tried to run off and they listened to all of my commands even though one really wanted to run after the horses on the beach. He actually stopped when I whistled. I think they kept expecting my ex to show up because we always went together. They were pretty attached to him and are confused/miss him.

It's not easy being newly single right before the Holidays, wish I could just skip it all this year, but I have a great family and amazing friends who refuse to let me. I do realize how lucky I am because it would suck if my only options were to spend it alone or (even though I enjoy meeting new people) with some new guy I barely know. It is pretty cool reconnecting with the some of the people I haven't seen in a while plus I have family and friends who have come in from several different countries and as far away as CA in the states for xmas. I am hating the ex bf questions/conversations and refuse to discuss it. I will never understand men and that's all I'm gonna say. Maybe FitDay should have a Relationships forum haha!

I still need to finish wrapping gifts and finish the baking tonight, uggg. Not going out tonight! It's rainy, super windy and yucky so was easy to resist this time, lol.

01gt4.6, funny about your new puppy! Already over 11 pounds? Didn't you just get him?!

Having a 2% higher BF is NOT nothing at this same weight, it's a whole jean size for me. I don't believe you are up 10%.
Old 12-24-2013, 03:31 AM
FitDay Member

I'm trying to eat reasonably healthy this week.
Had peppermint mocha at Starbucks yesterday and went to bed and had awful indigestion--not sure if it was from that but I really didn't eat too much yesterday so probably was.
Going to make a pumpkin pie this afternoon and wrap a present I got for my Mom. Kind of a crazy Christmas--my brother is currently at his in-laws because they don't have power due to ice storm in Toronto. Just me and my Mom this year but it's ok--quiet. We went grocery shopping this morning--a mad house. Bought lots of veggies and will make my own tray. $12 for a few pieces of assorted stuff in a pre-packaged tray when brocolli was 99 cents a head. We usually have turkey at 12:30pm and then have light meal at 6pm.

Jenn
Old 12-24-2013, 04:59 AM
FitDay Member

Merry Christmas, everyone!
Old 12-24-2013, 06:47 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. Our internet cable and phone were out for 3 days. We had an awful ice storm and it turned every thing into a skating rink. At least we didn't lose our electricity. After Christmas I will get back into eating right and exercising.
Have a Merry Christmas.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC
01gt4.6, funny about your new puppy! Already over 11 pounds? Didn't you just get him?!

Having a 2% higher BF is NOT nothing at this same weight, it's a whole jean size for me. I don't believe you are up 10%.
Yeah, not too long ago. Maybe a month now.

I'm up 30-40 pounds, probably mid 20's for bf%. So probably more than 10% up.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:54 AM
Super Moderator

No new thread this week?
Old 12-24-2013, 02:02 PM
FitDay Member

Figured out indigestion was caused by new medication that I was put on for diabetes. I was on metformin and it didn't agree with my stomach now this one is giving me indigestion. Pharmacist is usually helpful but he just thought it was big eating at Christmas. Hardly since it's just me and Mom!
Will email the nurse at diabetes centre after Christmas. They are more helpful than my Drs.

Feeling a little sad but trying to put some effort into it even if it is just me and Mom.
Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.

Jenn
Old 12-24-2013, 03:50 PM
FitDay Member

I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas. God bless us every one.
Old 12-24-2013, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

Merry Christmas everyone!

I did pretty well today. I only had one cookie, one really small piece of fudge and a few drinks! I ate super clean other than that junk! My cals for the day are 1142 but my macros are way off track because of the high carbs. Made me get a burning feeling in my throat. Not doing that tomorrow!

It got cold enough today to put a hoodie on! If it can't be hot and sunny then I want the snow!
Old 12-24-2013, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
No new thread this week?
Why don't you put that Cristmas cookie down and start the new one?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.