Notices

2013 Year End Challenge! Who's with me?!?!?!

Old 12-29-2013, 11:10 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all and welcome Mihurable. The time passes no matter what so you may as well be doing something proactive. I was doing lunges with my hand weights yesterday and my upper legs are sore this morning. I am more used to stretching than bending, but I can touch my toes. It will be like Christmas day all over again when the DVD's arrive. I got up early to get the garbage ou to the curb, but now I think I will go back to bed to get my beauty sleep. Ha Ha.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:23 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Libby Don't forget to stretch after doing weight work and after cardio for that matter. It helps to reduce DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness)...the soreness you feel the next day after a good workout or after working a muscle you forgot or didn't even realize existed!
Old 12-30-2013, 06:10 AM
FitDay Member

I went over board with the exercise yesterday doing knee ups, lunges and squats. My body is so sore. I'm not exercising again till next year. Ha Ha.
I need to take baby steps.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:04 PM
FitDay Member

Well this is it! I just finished my 'last chance' workout (if anyone watches Biggest Loser...). I started my day with day 11 of my new 30 day challenge and ended it with an additional 65 minute youtube HIIT workout and 40 minutes on the elliptical. I'm wiped! I've truly done all I can to hit my target tomorrow morning. Stay tuned to see what my results are tomorrow! And to those of you who have joined my, post your results!!!!
Old 12-31-2013, 03:46 AM
FitDay Member

Today is the end of my NYE challenge. I'm a little sad that it's over...but who am I kidding...I'll just have to start a new Valentine's Day challenge!

So my results.....drumroll please....I came in just shy of my target! I weighed in at 126.8 lbs...just .8 lbs. shy of my goal. I'm still quite happy with this becasue I never gave up and truly gave it my all plus I'm down from the water weight gain last week.

Anyone else care to share their NYE results?

I'm also still going strong with the exercise challenge as well....I'll have to find/start a new thread to post my exercise stats.

12 Week Exercise Challenge, 84 days...84 workouts
Week 5, Day 1 - yes
Week 5, Day 2 - yes
Week 5, Day 3 - yes
Week 5, Day 4 - yes
Week 5, Day 5 - yes
Old 12-31-2013, 04:56 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats Debbie on the weight loss. I am a little less sore today so I will be walking on the treadmill. I won't be weighing in till tomorrow January 1st.
My weight is up and what ever it is tomorrow will be the start of a new Year.
Have a happy New Years Eve.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:19 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Libby Glad to hear you're not as sore! Don't forget to stretch after you workout. Have a great NYE! I'll check back in with you tomorrow to see how you faired out. Even though you may be up, be proud that you still stuck this out and gave it your best. No point in just hiding and fooling ourselves...if you know what I mean.

Becca - Where are you girl! You've been MIA since last Friday's weigh in! You've been doing so good...check in!

Baxtman - If you're reading this, check back in! It's a new year with new opportunities ahead...stick around...it's great for motivation to have others in the same boat.

As for all the others who have popped in and out of this thread, feel free to join in on these final posts! There's been 2300+ views on this thread, so I know there is more interests from others other than just the few of us that have posted here. Join in! The more the merrier!
Old 12-31-2013, 10:35 AM
FitDay Member

I just want to wish everyone a Happy New Year. All the best to you in 2014.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:26 AM
FitDay Member

At the start of the challenge I weighed 169 and today I weigh 173 so I gained 4 pounds. I am disappointed in myself for not working harder and not sticking to my diet. Today is the beginning of a brand new year and a new start to lose weight.

exercise 3X a week
calories under 1100 per day
lose 20 pounds or more by 2015
Old 01-01-2014, 03:11 AM
FitDay Member

Great job Libby! You may have gained a little but I bet the majority of it is water weight...so go easy on yourself....no need to be disappointed. I'm up today too just since yesterday morning. This happens, weight fluctuates. I commend you for staying accountable even though you gained a little. Some others may have stopped posting if they gained, not wanting to be accountable or own up to it. Clearly you're committed to yourself and to your health and when you make a commitment you stick it out for better or for worse, so bravo!

Here's to a new year and new successes!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.