Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
2013 Year End Challenge!  Who's with me?!?!?! >

2013 Year End Challenge! Who's with me?!?!?!

Community
Notices

2013 Year End Challenge! Who's with me?!?!?!

Old 12-26-2013, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by libby116
Hi Deb. I am going to look on line for weight lifting dvds or books. Can you recomend any for women that you use? This is the next step in my weight loss journey.
What are you trying to achieve?

My before/after avatar is from a PLP (push ups/lunges/pull ups) challenge I did. I had already been lifting heavy at least 3 days a week, running 3-5 days a week, plus blading, biking, etc. so I was kind of shocked at my results.

The challenge looks really easy (and kind of is in the beginning) but it's for 60 days straight and did get pretty hard, especially when I had to travel.

My avatar is the before and after of that challenge. My BF% went down quite a bit so I lost a lot of inches.

I'm going to do the PLP challenge for the new year. Interested? I have a challenge thread ready to go if you are! I double, no...triple dog dare you! LOL, who doesn't watch A Christmas Story at least once during the Holidays?
Old 12-27-2013, 12:31 AM
FitDay Member

I wanted to ask you what the pictures are? Is that your arm? I should take a before and after picture. Tell us more about the challenge and I will decide if it's for me.
Old 12-27-2013, 02:07 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Deb. I am going to look on line for weight lifting dvds or books. Can you recomend any for women that you use? This is the next step in my weight loss journey.
Libby, you're in KW right? PM me your mailing address....I'm spreading some Christmas cheer and sending you a few dvds to help get you started! I have sooooooo many workout dvds and many of them I don't use anymore because I like to make up my own workouts.
Old 12-27-2013, 02:11 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC
What are you trying to achieve?

My before/after avatar is from a PLP (push ups/lunges/pull ups) challenge I did. I had already been lifting heavy at least 3 days a week, running 3-5 days a week, plus blading, biking, etc. so I was kind of shocked at my results.

The challenge looks really easy (and kind of is in the beginning) but it's for 60 days straight and did get pretty hard, especially when I had to travel.

My avatar is the before and after of that challenge. My BF% went down quite a bit so I lost a lot of inches.

I'm going to do the PLP challenge for the new year. Interested? I have a challenge thread ready to go if you are! I double, no...triple dog dare you! LOL, who doesn't watch A Christmas Story at least once during the Holidays?
This sounds interesting....plus I love a good triple dog dare! When you did the PLP challenge, did you add it on to your regular lifting and running? I'm currently doing a 30 day challenge that includes cardio and weights, so I'm wondering if the PLP can be an add on?
Old 12-27-2013, 05:30 AM
Super Moderator

I wanted to ask you what the pictures are? Is that your arm? I should take a before and after picture. Tell us more about the challenge and I will decide if it's for me.
Hahahaha... It's my side view torso! I do have a before/after of my arm and shoulder. Someone asked me if it was my torso/butt! I obviously suck at self shots, lol!
Old 12-27-2013, 05:55 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
This sounds interesting....plus I love a good triple dog dare! When you did the PLP challenge, did you add it on to your regular lifting and running? I'm currently doing a 30 day challenge that includes cardio and weights, so I'm wondering if the PLP can be an add on?
I added it the main challenge I was already doing. It was a side bet with some of the guys doing the main challenge. I was the only girl who did the PLP part. I kept track of every workout I did along with the PLP for the whole 60 days. I will try to find it when I get home and post a summary.

It can just be part of your workout too. I think that's how I'm going to do it this time.
Old 12-27-2013, 06:12 AM
FitDay Member

Checking in with day 8 of my new 30 day challenge. Today was an interval workout I aptly named Bodacious Biceps...obviously focusing biceps and lots of skipping for cardio. I must say I was just not feeling my workout today and it showed in the calories burned. I pushed through though and finished.

12 Week Exercise Challenge, 84 days...84 workouts
Week 5, Day 1 - yes

BeachGirl - Sure post a summary! I already do lots of variations of lunges and pushups in my regular workout, but haven't worked on pullups in a long time. There was a time last year where I was determined to be able to do pullups. I lasted as long as it took me to be able to do 2 or 3 full pullups and then abandoned ship
Old 12-27-2013, 11:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
Libby, you're in KW right? PM me your mailing address....I'm spreading some Christmas cheer and sending you a few dvds to help get you started! I have sooooooo many workout dvds and many of them I don't use anymore because I like to make up my own workouts.
WOW that is so awesome.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:50 AM
FitDay Member

I'm sending Karen Voight Ultimate Circuit Training, Slim Series Six Minute Abs, The Firm Total Body Toner, The Firm Bootcamp Maximum Calorie Burn and Kathy Smith Matrix Method Ultimate Sculpt. Hope you find something that resonates with you! You can probably see reviews for some of these on amazon.com or even see a video clip on collagevideo.com
Old 12-27-2013, 06:33 PM
FitDay Member

That will give me lots of variety for exercise. Bless you Debbie.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.