FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   Motivational Thread starting 10/28/13 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/10283-motivational-thread-starting-10-28-13-a.html)

jjrudd 10-28-2013 05:00 AM

Motivational Thread starting 10/28/13

It's 1pm and there is no thread started so I guess I'll start.

We are having a few rooms painted so it's a little hectic but I'll post some goals so that I'm mindful of what I am eating.

GOALS
1. Drink 6 glasses of water
2. Eat 4 servings of fruits/veggies
3. Eat sensibly

Personal goals
1. finish laundry and put it away
2. journal
3. finish homework from writing workshop
4. try not to stress--it will only be a week and then everything will be back to "normal" (if I even remember what that is??)
5. buy train tickets and book hotel room

shoot that's a long to-do list!:eek:
Jenn

bojibridge 10-28-2013 05:38 AM

Hey guys! Once again I've been AWOL for a few months. It's been pretty hectic for me here. I ran my half marathon back in September - I was pleased with how it went! I also finished up the Masters portion of my PhD program a couple of weeks ago, so that's a bit of an accomplishment. Meanwhile, I've had some real struggles with anxiety over the last few months. I've never experienced anything quite like it - I'm usually the fairly even-keeled one in the family. But, this was very daunting experience. Most of the intense feelings have largely passed, but I'm taking some meds now, and will likely for a while. I'm just glad the worse of it appears to have passed.

Health-wise, I'm probably about the same weight I was when I was here last - I don't remember exactly where I was, but somewhere in the low 160s I think. I'd of course like to get back on track - I haven't been doing well on exercise since I ran the half. So that's a goal for me, and my blood sugars are always easier to control when I'm exercising and not eating crap - again, of course.

Anyway, so here are my goals for the week:

1.) Try to eat more vegetables
2.) Make sure to get a few glasses of water in per day
3.) Go to the gym or run at least twice
4.) No alcohol all week

I hope you guys have been doing well.

jjrudd 10-28-2013 06:43 AM

Welcome back Joanna. Congrats on the half marathon and completing the masters portion of your Phd. I remember the last time you were here your blood sugars were all over the map are they better now?

Jenn

libby116 10-28-2013 07:21 AM

Thanks Jenn for starting us off today. I was OK till last night and then I had a bad binge. How can one meal and treat make such a difference? I did lose 1 pound.
Welcome back Bo.

Goals for the week
2 coffee, 3 tea, 2 water per day M-No T-No W-
More veg and fruit M-No T-No W-
Exercise 5X M-Yes T-Yes W-
Lose 1 pound

bojibridge 10-28-2013 09:31 AM

Jenn, thanks for asking. These things are always a bit up and down. I was doing pretty well, but after the half marathon, my insulin levels were out of whack because I had them set for how much I was exercising, but when I stopped exercising, well... you can imagine. That's part of why I want to get back to working out more, so I don't just have to raise my insulin again.

jjrudd 10-29-2013 01:27 AM

Was finally able to check my weight this morning. Things have been moved around a little in the house. I'm down 2lbs since the 14th so it averages to a pound a week. Woohoo! Jenn

bojibridge 10-29-2013 01:42 AM

Nice job, Jenn!

Here's my report from yesterday:

1.) Try to eat more vegetables: M - pretty good
2.) Make sure to get a few glasses of water in per day: M - good
3.) Go to the gym or run at least twice: M - done
4.) No alcohol all week: M - so far so good

bojibridge 10-30-2013 03:41 AM

Well, I'll just keep going here, haha...

For yesterday:
1.) Try to eat more vegetables: M - pretty good, T - not great
2.) Make sure to get a few glasses of water in per day: M - good, T - good
3.) Go to the gym or run at least twice: M - done, T - no
4.) No alcohol all week: M - so far so good, T - a struggle, but pulled through!

I ate like crap yesterday. I actually did okay until about 6 pm when I binged on Lindt chocolate truffles and kettle chips. Then I had mozzarella sticks later at the bar. Silly me :( Then for breakfast this morning I finished off the truffles and potato chips under the auspices of getting them out of the house. Haha, ah, logic! Anyway, hopefully I can recover from that. I thought about bringing gym clothes with me today and I just didn't because I was like, if I don't bring them, I don't have to work out! I need to stop being so lazy...

Anyway, uh, hope you guys haven't abandoned me all together!

jjrudd 10-30-2013 04:49 AM

GOALS
1. Drink 6 glasses of water Mon-yes, Tues-uh probably not
2. Eat 4 servings of fruits/veggies Mon-no, Tues-no
3. Eat sensibly Mon-yes, Tues-yes

Personal goals
1. finish laundry and put it away uh haven't started
2. journal no
3. finish homework from writing workshop nope
4. try not to stress--it will only be a week and then everything will be back to "normal" (if I even remember what that is??) no sorta
5. buy train tickets and book hotel room YES

Good grief I only have one YES on the to-do list. :(

Joanna you had WHAT for breakfast?? Yeah, I should be doing more exercising too. I use the excuse it's cold but I could put a sweatshirt on and rake leaves.

Jenn

bojibridge 10-30-2013 05:09 AM

I know, I know, it's terrible. Fortunately, I think I can recover from it. Unfortunately yesterday was a total bust - if I add my calories correctly, I think I hit at least 2700 for the day. C'est la vie.

libby116 10-30-2013 05:25 AM

It took me a couple of days to get back on track. I am doing better today.
I hope everyone is doing well.

jjrudd 10-30-2013 06:38 AM

Ok, I raked some leaves, winterized lawn mower and put the cover on A/C. Glad that's done! Had about 15 min walk this morning and did about 15 raking this afternoon so it adds up to 30 for day. Plus going up and down stairs. Not so bad.
Have started on laundry.
Jenn

adyndravo1 10-30-2013 12:29 PM

Hi everyone. I'm Back. My computer got invaded and had to take it in and get it taken care of. I have not been to well. It is amazing how fast we fall into the old habits. It is nice to have the computer back.
I am naot setting any goals this week just trying to make it through the week. I start a job on the 6th of the nov. So will see how the extra moving helps on the wieght.
Bo nice to see you back. congrats on the masters.
Nyda

bojibridge 10-31-2013 03:34 AM

For yesterday:

1.) Try to eat more vegetables: M - pretty good, T - not great, W - decent
2.) Make sure to get a few glasses of water in per day: M - good, T - good, W - okay
3.) Go to the gym or run at least twice: M - done, T - no, W - no
4.) No alcohol all week: M - so far so good, T - a struggle, but pulled through!, W - no problem

I'm doing okay with my goals this week, but that's only because I didn't set any goals about calorie limits :rolleyes: My eating hasn't been great. I guess I have to start somewhere, right?

adyndravo1 10-31-2013 08:15 AM

I am back on track today. I have my calories under control. I have half my water in, and I am working on the other half. It is chilly out side and it is trying to rain. I went out and watered the green house. Still have lots of green plants and a whole buch of green onions. I had a bunch of sets left over so planted them in among the flower plants still not in the ground so will winter over in the greenhouse. I got 30 minutes of brisk exercise in today.
Joanna maybe this will help. Yesterday is history- Tomorrow is a mystery, Today is a gift. That is why it is called the present. Nyda

libby116 10-31-2013 09:56 AM

Happy Halloween. I carved a pumpkin and put the candy in a bowl. The kids should be coming out soon. I will try not to eat most of the candy. Once I start it is hard to stop.
I ate most of the candy. The weather was so bad that no kids came to the door. We had heavy rain and high winds. Even the dogs didn't want to go outside. Very bad night all around.

canary52 11-01-2013 02:27 AM

OK, November 1st, I'm back. Better late than...

Hey Joanna! Good to see you!

Simple Goals:
1) Eat less
2) stretch
3) Since I have been in a fibro flare, don't overdo

adyndravo1 11-01-2013 01:37 PM

hello, I had a doctors appointment early this morning. After that I went to the mall and made my self walk around 3 whole times. Ii hips and knee were not happy,but I made it. My brother took me out for dinner tonight. I traded potato for salad. It was good.
Libby sorry to hear your Halloween was abust.
Hope tomorrow will be better.
Nyda

jjrudd 11-01-2013 02:00 PM

Welcome back Hope!
I'm so glad it's the weekend. We have had a painter here since Mon--3 rooms being done. He'll probably be finished on Mon. Dinner was convenience food since I was too tired to cook anything.
Mom's leg has been paining her the last couple of days. She's so bored and I'm tired so our patience with each other is wearing pretty thin!

Jenn

canary52 11-03-2013 03:14 AM

Simple Goals:
1) Eat less -NO, NO
2) stretch YES, YES
3) Since I have been in a fibro flare, don't overdo YES, not too bad

Thank you for the welcome, Jenn.

It's natural you and your Mom would drive each other a bit crazy under the circumstances.

Nyda, good job makingyoruself walk. I've gota get back to some kind of movement, even small, despite health flare.

Robingen 11-03-2013 11:52 AM

Hi everyone

I haven't dropped in for a while.........I wandered away from my daily fitday obsession. Things are going very well for me weight wise. I have been steadily maintaining at or slightly below my goal weight. I am starting to get back into a work out routine since the lumbar puncture.

Libby I are too much candy also! Darn those trick or treaters for not showing up lol....once I started with the peanut butter cups I couldn't stop. Confirming that I still have an addictive response to sweets.......sheer abstinence is the only thing that works.

Jenn, do a lovingkindness meditation, it will help you deal with your Mom:) Do it everyday if you have to. You are lucky to have her (and vice versa).

Hugs to you Hope.

adyndravo1 11-03-2013 02:46 PM

Had a head ache last night so did n't post. I am doing better today. I lost a half a pound of the 2 I gained last week. Hey the scale is moving in the right direction. I am making a menue up tomorrow and sticking to it. My sister made chicken noodle soup with a couple of boneless skinless chicken breastes. It has almost no fat. It is very yummy so super tomorrow is made.
I will also post my goal and log my food again last week. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.See you tomorrow:)