FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   Motivational Thread Starting 14/10/13--And that's no turkey (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/10219-motivational-thread-starting-14-10-13-thats-no-turkey.html)

jjrudd 10-14-2013 10:12 AM

Motivational Thread Starting 14/10/13--And that's no turkey

Ok Mike, I'll start and you can sticky it

Oh boy, I will be glad to get back to normal eating again!

Goals
1. Exercise 5X for 30 min (go for walks if it's nice)
2. Cut front lawn and trim front hedges
3. Drink 6 glasses of water
4. eat more veggies!!
5. work on writing

Jenn

libby116 10-14-2013 10:39 AM

I made a promise to start walking today so I am getting on the treadmill when my son gets off of it. HE HE

adyndravo1 10-14-2013 11:49 AM

Ev ening all. I got started late today. I am going to bed by 11 tonight even if I have to take a sleep aid. cleaned and painted all 3 windows in main living area. Will finish up tomorrow and wednesday better be nicer cause I am trading the car for the truck and making a dump run. Triped over the dog bed inmy bedroom and I did my best not to fall on the dog. Ended up on my butt with my back banged up against the closet door. I strained my back at waist level on the left side (weak side) and sprained my wrist and hand a bit on the left also. I can still feel it a bit, but that did not stop me climbing the ladder today. My goals that I have had for the last few weeks seem to be working so

My goals
1 log every thing I eat m-y
2 Post at least once a day. m-y
3 drink my water m-y
4 exercise 5 times this week m-y
5 get my bmi under 40

libby116 10-14-2013 02:26 PM

Goals for the week
Walk 5x: M-1k, T-1.5k
Drink 6 glasses of water: Y, Y,
Log all food: Y, Y,
Eat under 1100 cal. per day: Y, Y,
Work on quilting:Y, Y,

Monday and Tuesday have been great.

Lets keep it going.

jjrudd 10-15-2013 07:30 AM

Goals
1. Exercise 5X for 30 min (go for walks if it's nice) Mon no, Tues yes
2. Cut front lawn and trim front hedges not yet
3. Drink 6 glasses of water no, yes by the end of the day
4. eat more veggies!! Mon no, Tues yes
5. work on writing

Jenn

libby116 10-15-2013 12:53 PM

I just got home from coffee with a friend. I asked for decaf but I don't think thats what I got. I hope I can sleep tonight. Why is it so quiet tonight.
I had two good days and I am going for three.

adyndravo1 10-15-2013 01:40 PM

Hello all i was having a good day until I spilt paint all over the wall, the door and the dog door and the carpet. It took half an hour to get the mess cleaned up. I have got to get back to eting lunch. I pieice to much in the evening. I am also hopping to get to bed before 12 to night.Hope to get the goals in latter tonight.Nyda

libby116 10-16-2013 12:51 AM

The weight is coming off again for the umpteenth time. This is day 3 and I plan to make it a good one.
Nyda: I once kicked over a can of paint on the bedroom carpet. The lid was loose and popped off and it spilled over and splashed on to the furniture. What a mess I made. The wood grain still has paint in it and the carpet has dried paint embedded in it. I cleaned it the best that I could. I hope that you are feeling better today.
Robin: How is the walking going?
Lets make it a great day.

jjrudd 10-16-2013 08:25 AM

Weighed myself this afternoon (I usually do it in the morning but needed batteries) and I am down 2 lbs in a week and a half. I was kind of surprised. I guess I haven't been eating as bad as I thought I did. I didn't have bday cake or pie on the weekend.

Jenn

libby116 10-16-2013 11:05 AM

Goals for the week
Walk 5x: M-1k, T-1.5k W-N
Drink 6 glasses of water: Y, Y, Y,
Log all food: Y, Y, Y,
Eat under 1100 cal. per day: Y, Y, Y,
Work on quilting:Y, Y, Y,

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday have been great.

Lets keep it going.

Good job Jenn.

adyndravo1 10-16-2013 12:44 PM

Evening all. I had a good day today. I got the wal-mart job. It will be strange after all t his time to have to go to work. i hope I can handle it. I have been doing good with the migrans. Last job I had to call in sick on day 5. Never had to do that before. I quess it is just wait and see. I did okay today. A little high in fat with the edam cheese, but really delioush. Still working on water but THat is not something I have much trouble with.
Jenn congrats on the loss.
Libby way to go. When you are on a roll it is easy to stay on a roll.
Nyda

My goals
1 log every thing I eat m-y,t-y,w-y
2 Post at least once a day. m-y,t-y, w-y
3 drink my water m-y,t-y,w-y
4 exercise 5 times this week m-y, t-y ,w-y
5 get my bmi under 40

libby116 10-17-2013 02:20 AM

The scale is moving down again and I hope it continues for a good while.
Nyda: All the best to you with your new job.

jeanbonter 10-17-2013 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by jjrudd (Post 103173)
Ok Mike, I'll start and you can sticky it

Oh boy, I will be glad to get back to normal eating again!

Goals
1. Exercise 5X for 30 min (go for walks if it's nice)
2. Cut front lawn and trim front hedges
3. Drink 6 glasses of water
4. eat more veggies!!
5. work on writing

Jenn

5"9 female
HW today 176. October 17th
day 1 of getting on track.

Log all food:
Eat under 1100 cal. per day:,
Work on quilting:
WALK or walk jog 30 minutes a day
stay off the scale.
limit salt
take vitamins

libby116 10-17-2013 04:19 AM

Welcome Jean. What are you quilting. I am working on a bargelo quilt and I need more white tone on tone fabric for 4 strips. So I am stuck till I can get to a fabric store. Have a great day.

libby116 10-17-2013 12:18 PM

Goals for the week
Walk 5x: M-1k, T-1.5k W-N T-Y
Drink 6 glasses of water: Y, Y, Y, Y
Log all food: Y, Y, Y, Y
Eat under 1100 cal. per day: Y, Y, Y, Y
Work on quilting:Y, Y, Y, Y

Monday, Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday have been great.

Lets keep it going.

Good job Jenn.

jjrudd 10-17-2013 01:38 PM

I haven't been able to cut the grass because it has rained. Tomorrow is the only sunny day.
I've upped my veggies but I think I only got 5 glasses of water in today.
Did a lot of journalling today. I was going to work on something but my mind was a jumble so journalled instead.
Jenn

adyndravo1 10-17-2013 04:41 PM

Evening. I had problems logging in my food, I could not get the portion amounts to work. Other then that I had a good day. We hauled several totes of stuff off for charity today have to get the cars in the garage by sunday. I started embrodering a 3 matching dolies about a year or more ago. I got them soked and ready to but a few beads on them then they are done. It feels good to get something done.
I like crafts also. I do some scrape booking some croqueting, and a loke of embrodery and couonted cross stitch. You should check out Heaven and Earth Designs.com. They have some amazing stuff. Doing whatever it takes to keep food out of the mouth.
Nyda

My goals
1 log every thing I eat m-y,t-y,w-y,T-tried
2 Post at least once a day. m-y,t-y, w-y, t-y
3 drink my water m-y,t-y,w-y,t-y
4 exercise 5 times this week m-y, t-y ,w-y-t-n
5 get my bmi under 40

Robingen 10-17-2013 10:06 PM

Hey everyone, I've been absent to goal setting this week. Still not up to "normal" exercise but eating sensibly.

I just wanted to say welcome to jean, and wow Libby, Jenn and Nyda you are all doing awesome. Keep it up!

libby116 10-18-2013 12:56 AM

The scale read 170.7 this morning so the weight is still coming off. I have to get below 168 where I was in August, either that or change my end date. I am glad to see other people motivated and on track. We can do this.

jjrudd 10-18-2013 07:19 AM

Cut the front lawn this morning--it looks sooo much better! Did a little bit of raking this morning too so I'm up to my exercise for the day--YAY!!
Off to finish laundry.
Jenn

adyndravo1 10-18-2013 01:28 PM

Evening. I got my exercise in today. I did dishes took out the garbage, Got the oatmeal ready to go into storage. But 6 gallons of water out in the green house to absorbe heat during the day. The electrican then came and I followed hime around for 2 hours and again inthe afternoon for about an hour or so. The fish were acting a little hungry so I gave them something to eat.
I made baked tortilla chips and bean dip for lunch, for 320 calories.
Jean welcome. My middle name is Jean.
Libby you will make it. Think Positive.
Jenn glad you got your lawn mowed. Around here the grass is going dormate, so no mowing.

My goals
1 log every thing I eat m-y,t-y,w-y,T-tried,f-y
2 Post at least once a day. m-y,t-y, w-y, t-y,f-y
3 drink my water m-y,t-y,w-y,t-y,f-y
4 exercise 5 times this week m-y, t-y ,w-y-t-n,f-y
5 get my bmi under 40

adyndravo1 10-20-2013 04:22 AM

I awol yesterday. I was busy in the morning, made another dump run. We still have the lovseat in the backyard. But no one sees it but us. I was hopeing to have st least stayed the same.:D when I got on the scales this morning. Surprise I lost and 1.5 pounds. I only get on the scale once a week other wise I get discouraged because iti bounces up and down.
I finally droped out of the 240's, today I was down to 239.5. My bmi also droped out of the 40's, it is now 39.85.
Hope every one has a good sunday. Nyda

jjrudd 10-20-2013 04:59 AM

Good job Nyda!
Unfortunately my Mom has developed infection in soft tissue of leg and has had to go for IV (2 more rounds--tomorrow and Tues). We are both tired by the end of the day so other than housework I haven't done much.
Jenn

libby116 10-20-2013 11:45 AM

I had no computer for the last three days so I don't know what my calorie counts were. I ate well and refused to eat junk food and baked goods. I hope the scale is kind to me tomorrow morning. I am glad that others are doing well too.
Jenn: Your mom is in my thoughts and prayers.
Nyda: Congrats on getting into the 230's.

libby116 10-20-2013 01:36 PM

I thought I made some really good choices for food today but it turns out that I am over my limit by 200 cal. or so. I don't know if I want to look at the scale tomorrow.

adyndravo1 10-20-2013 05:05 PM

Evening all. I had a nice day today. Gathered up garbage and cleaned out the garage so we can park inside. Both of us hate scraping windows.The green house still has strawberrys and tomatoes growing. The weather is really nice for this time of year. Borther went for a bike ride today. They both do love to ride. Nyda

My goals
1 log every thing I eat m-y,t-y,w-y,T-tried,f-y,s-n, s-y
2 Post at least once a day. m-y,t-y, w-y, t-y,f-y, s-n, s-y
3 drink my water m-y,t-y,w-y,t-y,f-y, s-y s-n
4 exercise 5 times this week m-y, t-y ,w-y-t-n,f-y,s-y-s-n
5 get my bmi under 40 yes!:D

libby116 10-20-2013 10:57 PM

Looking back I did well from January till September. My weight went from 195 to 168 lbs. on September 12. Since then I have been struggling to keep the weight off. I am lacking energy and motivation. I would like to lose another 10 pounds by Christmas. The clothes that I am wearing now are loose but the next size down are too tight to be comfortable to wear. I need to exercise to burn some calories and get back to losing weight again. Any advice woud be greatly appreciated.