Notices

Starting Again

Old 10-06-2013, 01:58 PM
FitDay Member

Smile Starting Again

Hello out there again! I started this under Newcomers, but my coach wanted me to post under Motivation and Support because he knows it will help me reach my goals. My first goal is to lose 4 more pounds by October 27. I am going week by week, Saturday to Sunday. Actually, my first goal was to lose weight in September, which did not happen, except for one pound. Then my goal was to lose at least one more pound this past week. However, I have still only lost that one pound. I consume between 1200 to 1800 calories a day and have started walking. I have diabetes, arthritis, depression, and high cholesterol, all of which are controlled by medication. I have injured my knees and my feet in the past, so I have not been able to walk very well for the past 5 years. However, my knees (after surgeries on both) and my feet are so much better now that I started walking every day. Just baby steps, but it is more than I have done in 5 years. I am up to 14 minutes a day. I just started walking on Sept. 29. I am 62 and weigh 239 pounds. I am retired, so I work a lot around the house and yard. Anyway, I don't know why I did not lose anything this past week. Maybe I ate more than I thought, because I was not good at logging all my food the first part of the week. I will keep on though, because it is time. Thanks for any words of encouragement you can send my way!
Old 10-06-2013, 03:51 PM
FitDay Member

Default Me too

Starting again. I am determined to get some of these pounds off I'm tired of packing them around.

We can do this
Old 10-06-2013, 10:37 PM
FitDay Member

Merimcc, you can do it, please don't give up, you have plenty of obstacles but that will make achieving your goal all the more pleasurable and worthwhile. I hope the members here will continue to give you support and maybe even some tips for your particular situation. Stay strong.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:22 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Thank you

Arcy and Spixe: Thanks - you are right, we can do this. If we fall, we just have to keep on getting up and start again.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:28 AM
FitDay Member

Hello Merimcc

First of all you have done something many haven’t been able to do you STARTED and should be very proud of yourself. You are doing awesome with your walking. Walking is so good for many medical issues. When I started walking I really didn’t enjoy it but I stuck with it. Now it is a very important part of my life. Are you enjoying your walks? It is so easy to over eat if I don’t log everything so maybe that is why you didn’t lose in your past week. I have no doubt you can do this and I know with each week you are going to start feeling better and better.

“EVERY DAY IS A NEW BEGINNING, TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND START AGAIN”
Old 10-09-2013, 12:25 PM
FitDay Member

Wow, that is awesome Renee!! I can't wait until I can say the same thing!
Old 10-11-2013, 06:41 AM
FitDay Member

Default Email Test

This is a test to see if I get the instant email.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:16 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default I am also starting over again!

Today October 18th I restart my way of eating. I visited my WLS Dr. yesterday and had gained 6 pounds so needless to say I didn't get a band fill. I got to get my mind set I have done this before and just need to do it again. I am looking for some friends to add for support since I just started on fitday a few months ago. So friend me if you also would like support and encouragement. Have a Great Weekend!
Old 10-20-2013, 12:08 PM
FitDay Member

Talking Hi y'all!

I have not been on in a few days - I am one of those people who is retired and don't know how I ever found time to work! Thanks for the encouragement Stacy, and I will encourage you too. It is hard, but I am going to stick to it this time and I know you can too. It dawned on me the other day that I am in this for the duration, the thought of which did not bother me at all. It made me feel good to realize that I was finally going to do something healthy for myself. I have been keeping my calories down between 1200 and 1800 a day, but I still am eating too many carbs. I am actually walking 15 minutes a day too, which is more than I have done in 5 years! I am keeping it at that for a while, until my feet get used to it. I really messed them up on a cruise a couple of years ago because they were not used to all that walking. They just got back to almost normal so I can't overdo it. But I am happy I am actually walking almost every day. I am not good at sticking to any kind of exercise. So, let us stay the course, Stacy, and all of you who are starting again! We can do it and we WILL do it this time!

PS. I'm sorry, but I don't know how to "friend" you Stacy.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:18 PM
FitDay Member

Smile Update

Well, I finally lost 5 pounds! It took me 2 months, but I did it! I also have been walking almost every day for 15-19 minutes. I am going to stick to that for a while because I want my feet to get used to walking so I don't mess them up again. It feels good to know that I am actually doing something healthy! How are you all doing? Are you sticking to it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.