FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   Motivational Thread Starting 9/23/13 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/10161-motivational-thread-starting-9-23-13-a.html)

jjrudd 09-23-2013 01:15 AM

Motivational Thread Starting 9/23/13

Good morning everyone! I've been seriously lacking in motivation lately so maybe it will help if I start!
Goals will be simple

1. Drink 6 glasses of water
2. Exercise 4X for 30 min (shouldn't be too hard as I have to do yardwork)
3. Eat sensibly
I won't do specifics ie fruits and veggies and such. I know I haven't been eating enough of them

Personal goals
1. pack up books for rummage sale
2. write more

Jenn

dmartz 09-23-2013 01:45 AM

Good Morning!

Goals:
  • Sugar < 30 g / day: (It'll never happen, but it's a good goal)
  • Veggies > 3 day: (Maybe)
  • Maintain my stds:

libby116 09-23-2013 01:52 AM

Hi all.
Goals:
6 glasses of water:
2 fruit 2 veg
exercise 30 min. 3x

Kocialapcia 09-23-2013 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by dmartz (Post 102752)
Good Morning!

Goals:
  • Sugar < 30 g / day: (It'll never happen, but it's a good goal)
  • Veggies > 3 day: (Maybe)
  • Maintain my stds:

I adore the tentativeness...very charming!
I have been the same way lately - kind of hesitant, too...

We might both need a more decisive kick in the pants, though! In another week or two? Maybe?

adyndravo1 09-23-2013 09:07 AM

hello out there.I had a surprise on the scale yesterday. I was doen another 2 lbs. I did not do so well yesterday. I just decided to eat what I want,but be reasonable. I think I did okay. I have not been out side much did a little work on the shed. It is windy today and this time of year it means it isi a chilly wind. Our kitten is getting into things. Like the rest of us, she looking for the door into summer.

goals
1 drink 8 cups of water
2 post everything I eat.
3 post here at least once a day.
4 exercise 4or more times.

Mern 09-23-2013 10:09 AM

Also seriously lacking in motivation. I've been good today on food. Must get back to exercise.

jjrudd 09-23-2013 10:37 AM

Goals
1. Drink 6 glasses of water up to 5 so yes
2. Exercise 4X for 30 min (shouldn't be too hard as I have to do yardwork) 20 min (our front lawn looks sooo much better)
3. Eat sensibly yes

Jenn

adyndravo1 09-23-2013 05:02 PM

evening all. I did get some exercise in today. Tomorrow will work some more outside. The weather is supose to be better. Will have to cover peppers and tomatoes tomorrow. Feeling kind of blah. With the weather change coming up I can feel it all over, more in my head them elsewhere.

Mern missed you last week.

goals
1 drink 8 cups of watery
2 post everything I eat.y
3 post here at least once a day.y
4 exercise 4or more times. y

libby116 09-23-2013 10:25 PM

I was just tossing and turning in bed so I decided to get up and get the kitchen cleaned up before I go to the hospital for surgery on my left eye. I won't be able to do much for a few days after and I didn't want to leave a mess for the guys. Worrying made me eat and my weight is up. When I am better I will get back to exercising and dieting. Have a great day all.:)

dmartz 09-24-2013 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by libby116 (Post 102768)
I was just tossing and turning in bed so I decided to get up and get the kitchen cleaned up before I go to the hospital for surgery on my left eye. I won't be able to do much for a few days after and I didn't want to leave a mess for the guys. Worrying made me eat and my weight is up. When I am better I will get back to exercising and dieting. Have a great day all.:)

GOOD LUCK LIBBY! Best Wishes for a speedy recovery!

dmartz 09-24-2013 01:14 AM

Daily Report - Monday:
  • Sugar < 30 g / day: 58,
  • Veggies > 3 day: 0,
  • Maintain my stds: ~,
Pluses:
Worked out w/ trainer for an hour
Calories were low: 1051
Fixed nagging problem at work, prevailed in argument for additional improvements.
Still maintaining my weight slightly below 'stretch' goal
Have (mini) biceps and triceps, (didn't ache at all after weight lifting 45 mins on Sat.)

Minuses:
Protein too low: 35 g
No vegetables: (Lots of fruit though)
Too much refined sugar: Ice cream & chocolate candy (w/ hazelnuts)

Mern 09-24-2013 05:22 AM

New avatar is from a photo taken of me just two days ago. I want my next one to show a thinner face.

I blew my food intake already today. Goal for today is to eat on plan the rest of the day and to get in some exercise.

Nyda, congrats on your exercise and kudos on being down another two pouns. :)

Libby, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for your eye surgery. And let the guys pamper you for a good while when you get back home. :)

Donna, good report! I like your Plus and Minus report format. I need the courage to do that. Kudos on the weight lifting.

Jenn, nice Monday report. :)

Kocia, I need a kick in the pants, too. Good for you on posting your goals. You can do it. :)

libby116 09-24-2013 11:11 AM

Pamper shmamper. The guys have abandoned me and I have to fend for myself. The surgery went well. My vision is fuzzy but it should improve day by day. TGIO

adyndravo1 09-24-2013 04:59 PM

Hello everyone. It was not a very active day. Spent the morning watching the plumbers wrok on the cold water problem got my shower working, but not my sisiters. Will have to have a new facuet and internat parts, means a hole in the wall. Had to do that to my shower a few years ago.
Tomorrow is major house work and exercise tape. It will be cold and rainy for the next 2 days it will only be in the 50's, but by the weekend it will be in the mid 70's. That's weather in Idaho.
Libby glad things went well on the eye surgery. Eyes are something you don't want to screw up. I was thinkiong just a couple of days ago that it has been 13 years since I had mine lasered. I only use my glassed when I leave home. I need them for driving. Went from 200 20 to about 50 20.
Dmarts I had reeses peices today. They tasted so good. But it put me just a touch over my max. Have to really work out the rest of the week.

goals
1 drink 8 cups of water-y,y,
2 post everything I eat.y,y,
3 post here at least once a day.y,y,
4 exercise 4or more times. y,n

dmartz 09-24-2013 11:14 PM

FitDay Friends,

I woke up with what I thought was a good idea for a post, and prepared to present my pluses and minuses for the day. Sat down here, and noticed that the links to the exercise site I recommended earlier had been removed.

Based on the fact that I no longer use Fitday for logging, since they have REFUSED TO ADD SUGAR to their Food Nutrition Facts database (even though their source added this info in 2007), ~and~ since their moderators have found the contents of my post inappropriate, I will no longer be adding content to their site.

I did, however, appreciated the camaraderie I found on this forum in the past.

Good luck to you all.

- Donna

jjrudd 09-24-2013 11:36 PM

Goals
1. Drink 6 glasses of water yes, yes
2. Exercise 4X for 30 min (shouldn't be too hard as I have to do yardwork) Mon 20 min cutting grass (our front lawn looks sooo much better)
Tues no
3. Eat sensibly Mon yes Tues--not awful but not great

Jenn

libby116 09-25-2013 03:22 AM

Hi all.
Goals:
6 glasses of water: Y, Y,
2 fruit 2 veg: 2-2, 2-1
exercise 30 min. 3x:

The worry weight is coming off, just 2.5 to go. I have a post op check up today. So far so good.

jjrudd 09-25-2013 04:54 AM

That's great Libby!

I wish there were more hours in the day lately. I am trying to clean, and am doing laundry today. I have to do some yardwork (trim bushes and cut the back lawn) and I wish I had time to go for a walk.

I'm up a pound as of yesterday. :(

Jenn

libby116 09-25-2013 08:31 AM

Cutting the lawn is walking unless you have a riding mower. Cleaning yard work and pruning burns calories too. You will burn that pound off in no time.
Have a great day all.

adyndravo1 09-25-2013 11:02 AM

Hello all. I am having a bad day. Woke up feeling not so good. After breakfast I went back to bed becasue I was cold. When I got up I went into hyperactive mode. I did some serious floor cleaning. Need vacuum still but it does look better even so. I did not want to do my exercise today so I did it anyway. After the 2 mile walk my knee is still tender and,but my back is feeliongh better. I hope everyone is having a great hump day. Nyda

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift. That's why the call is the present.

libby116 09-25-2013 11:32 AM

Hi all.
Goals:
6 glasses of water: Y, Y, Y,
2 fruit 2 veg: 2-2, 2-1, 1-3
exercise 30 min. 3x: W-Y

My distance vision is great but I will need new reading glasses:(

01gt4.6 09-25-2013 01:27 PM

How are my lovelies doing?

I've still been in that slump and I need to find a way to crawl my fat ass back up and out this hole.

A couple things...

I skipped out on my 1/2 marathon a couple weeks ago, but I decided I'll do this next one down here. I know some of y'all are dying to come back to NOLA or make a first trip so if anyone wants to sign up, here's the link New Orleans Rock 'n' Roll Marathon Series Rock 'n' Roll Marathon Series

So I need to start training so I'll be in shape for it. Not that round isn't a shape.;) My GF will be doing the race with me, this will be her first. Maybe by then she'll have another "title".

Not sure who will pick up on that, I'm not usually this subtle.;)

jjrudd 09-26-2013 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 102796)

I've still been in that slump and I need to find a way to crawl my fat ass back up and out this hole.

When you figure out a way let me know! Slump is a good word for it!
Maybe?? That better be more than maybe!

Thanks Libby for the encouragement.
Jenn

libby116 09-26-2013 02:39 AM

Hi all. My vision is improving daily and I may not need glasses at all. I was hemming a pair of new pants and realized I didn't need my glasses. Whoo Hoo
Mike, all the best on the half marathon and with the girl friends new title. :)
Jenn: We just need to get our big girl panties on and get to work. :D

jjrudd 09-26-2013 06:51 AM

Trimmed two bushes (couldn't quite reach the top so I will have to take ladder out another day) and cut part of the back lawn. Not sure how long I was out there? I know at least 20min. Feel better that it's a good start on fall clean-up!

Plus the house is tidied so it can be cleaned tomorrow! Ahhh big sigh of relief.

Ha Libby I guess so!
Jenn

libby116 09-26-2013 07:53 AM

Good job Jenn.

noodle_berry 09-26-2013 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by libby116 (Post 102753)
Hi all.
Goals:
6 glasses of water:
2 fruit 2 veg
exercise 30 min. 3x

Wow Libby well done you!!! Best of luck with your surgery..
Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum...I'm really struggling to lose weight (I've put on almost 3 stone - 38.25lbs - because of medication). I look and feel like sh*t :(
I've tried doing Insanity, but found it difficult to stick with because I'm doing it by myself (and because I hadn't lost any weight after doing it for 1 month). Because of lost all heart I did absolutely nothing for 2 months (and put on 2.5lbs). Anyway, decided yesterday enough was enough and went out for a 'run' (I use that term very loosely!). I managed to run for 10min (very, very slowly); walked for 5min then ran for another 5min; then I just walked the rest of the circuit (about 4 miles).
I have tried running before, but always gave it up after a bit because I never got past the whole hating every minute of it feeling... A girl I work with (who has lost > 5 stone - >70lbs because of running) has told me it's because I never gave myself a goal. She reckons you can work up from nothing to a 5k in approx 6 wks; personally speaking I think she's on drugs if she thinks that... However, I've taken her at her word, so last night I signed up for a 10k :eek: It's a 'Santa Dash' and it's on on the 8th Dec; so that gives me 10wks to train... I figure if I even manage to run for 5k and walk for 5k I'll be happy. Still not sure if I'm crazy or just plain stoopid :confused: only time will tell :rolleyes:
Anyway, sorry for such a long post! Any encouragement/tips/anything whatsoever will be gratefully received - Cheers!

noodle_berry 09-26-2013 08:23 AM

Hi again, sorry about my earlier rant...just saw there's actually a post for beginners (oops)!

libby116 09-26-2013 10:22 AM

Noodle berry: You are welcome here. Just let us know what your goals are and post your accomplishments.

libby116 09-26-2013 10:25 AM

Hi all.
Goals:
6 glasses of water: Y, Y, Y, Y,
2 fruit 2 veg: 2-2, 2-1, 1-3, 1-4
exercise 30 min. 3x: W-Y, T-Y

It's been a beautiful day. I got out for a walk and feel great.

adyndravo1 09-26-2013 11:33 AM

hello all. Another cold rainy day here. I got myexercising in. It about the last thing on my list to do today. And so I made my self do it. Feel better now that I have.
Libby way to go no glasses. I only need them for driving. Way to go if you don't have to use them at all.
Noodle Berry(NB) You are always welcome here. It doesn't matter if you are neww here orand old hand at this.I found that by logging everything I eat I realized just how much I was eating. And that 10K way to go. You will make it .Think Positive!:cool:

goals
1 drink 8 cups of water-y,y,y,y
2 post everything I eat.y,y,n,y
3 post here at least once a day.y,y,y,y
4 exercise 4or more times. y,n,y,y

Robingen 09-26-2013 01:21 PM

Yes I know I have been MIA even though I said I wouldn't! No time, no time, crazy hectic. Such drama! in the family! Anyway, things are settling in the past couple of days. I need to get back to an exercise routine.

libby good news on the eyes. Did you have laser surgery? My son had "cross linking"...he can't see any better and may not it was to stop the progression.

Jenn, I never count housework or yardwork as "exercise" - even doing wood. I know that it burns calories but I still think some formal exercise has to happen. That being said I personally have been deficient in that regard the past couple of weeks. I plan to get back to swimming and walking next week. I am doing yoga daily but that is for other reasons and doesn't really burn much for calories.

Despite the lack of exercise my eating is fine and I am still 4 pounds below goal weight. I must be at a plateau. I am weighing in regularly as I am definitely afraid to gain (bleh)

Call out to Mike and any others doing a marathon............do we want another walking/running challenge? I'd be game. I have to be careful WHERE I walk right now, it is hunting season and it does not feel particularly safe on the trails right now:).

libby116 09-26-2013 03:05 PM

Robin: I hear gun fire every day during hunting season. I won't walk on the trails or fields and the bush. I walk along the highway and the sub division. Stay safe.

libby116 09-27-2013 05:52 AM

Robin: I don't know if the surgery was laser but they did put a lens in my eye.

adyndravo1 09-27-2013 05:38 PM

Have not been feeling well. I went a little over board with the butter toffee almonds. Will be painting tomorrow so a lot of ladder climbing.

goals
1 drink 8 cups of water-y,y,y,y,y
2 post everything I eat.y,y,n,y,y
3 post here at least once a day.y,y,y,y,y
4 exercise 4or more times. y,n,y,y,n

jjrudd 09-28-2013 04:35 AM

Half an hour exercising this morning. I also did some vacuuming. Have to wipe down the counters and then I will be done for the day and can sit outside and do some journalling. Take advantage of this beautiful fall weather (74F).

Jenn

01gt4.6 09-28-2013 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by Robingen (Post 102834)
Call out to Mike and any others doing a marathon............do we want another walking/running challenge? I'd be game. I have to be careful WHERE I walk right now, it is hunting season and it does not feel particularly safe on the trails right now:).

sounds good to me. :)

adyndravo1 09-28-2013 12:51 PM

hi all.weather stoped the painting outside. I did get the trim primed at least. Depending on the weather tomorrow I will be painting inside or outside but I will be painting. I have not felt well for the last several days. Not sick, just stuck in the all most sick. I think it is my sinuse infection again. Here goes nothing tomorrow is weight in day. So will post tomorrow with good news hopefully, or bad news wither way I will be here tomorrow. Have a great Sunday.

goals
1 drink 8 cups of water-y,y,y,y,y,y
2 post everything I eat.y,y,n,y,y,y
3 post here at least once a day.y,y,y,y,y,y,
4 exercise 4or more times. y,n,y,y,n,y

you can see why there may abe a gain tomorrow.

Robingen 09-29-2013 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 102853)
sounds good to me. :)

Game on. In miles? That's fine with me.

adyndravo1 09-29-2013 12:31 PM

:)Evening all I had a pleasant surprise this morning. I was so sure I was going to see a gain, but I was down another 2 pounds. Picked all the peppers last night and today my sister and seeded and diced peppers for about 4 hours. we put about 30 cups of peppers in the freezer for use this winter. I did not exercise today but I stood for about 2.5 hours working on the peppers.. I hope everyone is having a good suday. Nyda

goals
1 drink 8 cups of water-y,y,y,y,y,y,y
2 post everything I eat.y,y,n,y,y,y,y
3 post here at least once a day.y,y,y,y,y,y,,y
4 exercise 4or more times. y,n,y,y,n,y,n