Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Starting September 9, 2013: A Better Week >

Motivational Starting September 9, 2013: A Better Week

Community
Notices

Motivational Starting September 9, 2013: A Better Week

Old 09-16-2013, 12:33 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Would love to join all of you in your posts. I lost 30lbs last year and I could use a little support. I have gained 10 of it back and I need to re-commit. Evenings are my tough time. Any tips would be appreciated. I think part of the problem is I'm tired. I am 53 and sleep and I are not the best of friends these days. I think I eat at night because I need to go to bed but I feel bad about saying goodnight to my husband when he just gets home at 7:30. Truthfully, though-- I really need to get in bed most nights by 9 so that I can get up early to workout before work. Any suggestions for a evening routine that will encourage a restful sleep? Does anybody else struggle with this? Oh Here are my stats.

Goals this week are
1. Post in forum daily
2. Log everything I eat
3. 64oz water daily (16oz with each meal--and one at work)
4. No eating "after" dinner
5. 6 workouts a week
Really committed in August
Aug-Dec 135/108
Stayed that way until torn meniscus end of May
May 108
June 113
July 115
Aug 118
Sep 118
Old 09-16-2013, 01:59 AM
FitDay Member

Yoga is a wonderful way to wind down or a walk. Ligh stretching yoga as opposed to a sweat inducing routine. I have the opposite problem myself, I go to bed early and snap awake too early. Usually in bed at 9 or so but if I go to bed at 8 I am up at 3am. I just go running when I am already up that early.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:16 AM
FitDay Member

The secret is really to have a winding down routine, yoga/stretching, breathing exercises, warm bath, no caffeine later than noon. No screen time. Yep I am full of suggestions, I fall asleep in less than 30 secs.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:02 AM
Banned

Default Be sure to know first the problem

Hi.. You have to know why you gained weight to be able to lose weight. and surround yourself with friends that is a support system people Here is mine story

Last edited by Kathy13118; 07-28-2014 at 05:23 AM. Reason: removed link venus factor