Notices

Motivational Starting September 9, 2013: A Better Week

Old 09-13-2013, 11:33 PM
FitDay Member

Yesterday I sorted though my clothes and put my summer clothes that were in the dresser into a rubber maid container and my summer clothes from the closet into a hanging bag in the closet. My winter clothes are now in my dresser and closet. I did a quick guesstimate of what my weight will be by next summer if I continue to lose 3 pounds a month. Now I am wondering if
I shouldn't just give my summer clothes away. What would you do?
Old 09-14-2013, 01:30 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, it depends on what you wear. I would say just get rid of them. Summer clothes are less expensive to buy than fall/winter clothes. T-shirts are inexpensive and I can usually find ones for $10 at Walmart. Blue or black and white capris will take you anywhere.

Welcome back Mike! I had to laugh at your comment "I'm still fat". I have Dr appointment on 17th and was hoping to have lost a few pounds. According to scale at home I haven't gone up which is surprising since I haven't been eating well.

Next week I need to make some goals and make myself a priority!
Jenn
Old 09-14-2013, 01:56 AM
FitDay Member

Jen nice to see you...........yes you need to look after yourself.

Libby I.m not so sure about the summer clothes. If throwing them out will motivate you that's great, but it's a long time away from now, I don't know how much motivation that will be. It's true that you need to believe in yourself, that you will be smaller.

I have literally not shopped for clothes since I met my goal. I bought one new pair of jeans last winter. I had some smaller clothes and the "work clothes" don't show the size change as much. I think there is something "mental" though that is blocking me from shopping. That being said I am NOT a person who enjoys that.

It's been a challenging week for me and monday my son has surgery on one eye. I have had to really juggle work to get away for that 2 days. Life is always so complicated! Fortunately I have kept up the morning yoga everyday.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:08 AM
FitDay Member

Robin, good luck with you son on the eye surgery!
I Would be in a state of panic if my boy were going in for anything non-routine!

I am in a meh mood today even though I have lost two and a half pounds. I broke down at the salad bar and scarfed about a pound of antipasto. I will walk it off tonight as we are headed out to Busch Gardens in less than an hour.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:29 AM
FitDay Member

Hello. I have had a busy morning. Went out to the back corner and picked up the rest of the limbs and bark off the ground and then went to work on painting or wooden shed. We are more then half done. I did the ladder work. I will need to get the etention ladder for the very top of the eves on both ends. Spider got onemore day to live before I knock it to the ground. Hate spiders. I have a phobia of falling. I was on the ladder. something not right here. I know my sister won't climb that high. I know the fear is there and I have to make myself do ladders ext. High is not a problem.
Sounds like every one is mostly doing okay. ATalk ato you all latter.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:55 AM
FitDay Member

Dinner out last night with my dh and Things 2-4 was so much fun. We really had a good time. Although I don't know the exact count for everything I ate, I entered in "Generic Calories", which is a custom food I have, and estimated pretty high. It'll take a while to make up for the excess, but it was worth it. My dh announced we are going to Disneyland in January, so he told me I need to get into walking shape. Not that he expects me to lose a ton of weight by then, but he wants my endurance built up better. I had planned on going to the gym tonight with Thing 3, but he's got a friend staying the night. Dare I go by myself??? eek! Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

1. Move more W-n; Th-y; F-n
2. Less caffeine W-n; Th-n; F-n(I don't think I'm going to do very good on this one this week until I get to the store and buy some Crystal Light)
3. Log food W-y; Th-y; F-y
Old 09-14-2013, 05:23 PM
FitDay Member

Goals: lose weight and get fit
Drink 8 glasses of water: Y, Y, Y, Y, Y,
Exercise 3x this week: N, Y, Y, N, N,
Calories under 1100: 1000, 700, 754, 972, 1100+ ?
2 fruits 3 veg: 1-4, 2-4, 2-3, 1-1, 1-3
I decide to give away all the clothes that are too big now. Today was very busy. I didn't have a proper meal till supper out with family for DH's B-day.
I had a sensible meal and green tea while every one ate dessert. Then we went bowling which I haven't done in a long time but it was fun. Super day.
Old 09-15-2013, 03:05 AM
FitDay Member

Taking measurements of myself today. I leave to go back to base and might not get to see my family again untill late next month with the training I am going into. Sad. I am down another .5 lb according to my scale though so that is at least a happy moment. I will post my weekly goals tomorrow.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:04 AM
FitDay Member

Hello all. I stayed with my goals most of the week. A little low on the water one day. I am doing fine with water so far today. My back is really tender from all the bending and lifting and climbing ladders today so will take it a bit easy today.
On a happy note I did lost the 1.5lbs I gained last week to I am sitting real nice as far as this month goes. We have 2 more weeks this sept. Going to work really hard to lose more. I would like to loose another 2 pounds tis month.Talk to you all latter.nyda
Old 09-16-2013, 12:29 AM
FitDay Member

Goals this week

Drop my mile run time under 9:30
Drop another 1+ lbs
Find satisfying snacks to combat hunger
Keep calories between 1600-1800
Not go crazy- College class (online) starts Tuesday and military training class starts Thursday.
Drink less alcohol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.