FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   Motivational Starting September 9, 2013: A Better Week (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/10126-motivational-starting-september-9-2013-better-week.html)

libby116 09-09-2013 11:40 PM

The fridge repairman is coming today to look at our 3 yr old Amana bottom freezer fridge. Every week I find a puddle on the floor. Ice accumulates on the floor of the freezer and when it goes through the defrost cycle it thaws and overflows the pan out onto the kitchen floor. I tried unplugging it for 24 hours to see if it was ice in the drain tube but i didn't help. I hope we can get the problem straightened out today. The Diabetes clinic phoned me yesterday to said that they were offering free exercise classes and would I be interested. I was thrilled. Now all I need is a ride into the city. My husband can bring me home. I haven't been to a gym in years and I don't know what kind of exercise we will be doing but any thing is better than nothing. What do women wear to exercise? I'll let you know how things go.

libby116 09-09-2013 11:44 PM

The fridge repairman is coming today to look at our 3 yr old Amana bottom freezer fridge. Every week I find a puddle on the floor. Ice accumulates on the floor of the freezer and when it goes through the defrost cycle it thaws and overflows the pan out onto the kitchen floor. I tried unplugging it for 24 hours to see if it was ice in the drain tube but it didn't help. I hope we can get the problem straightened out today. The Diabetes clinic phoned me yesterday to say that they were offering free exercise classes and would I be interested. I was thrilled. Now all I need is a ride into the city. My husband can bring me home. I haven't been to a gym in years and I don't know what kind of exercise we will be doing but any thing is better than nothing. What do women wear to exercise? I'll let you know how things go.

libby116 09-09-2013 11:45 PM

OOPS did it again.

mcallahan757 09-10-2013 12:19 AM

I had the exact problem with my fridge and it ended up being the ice maker.

Managed to run/walk 2.6 miles today!

Goals are:
Curb my eating to a minimum. As a runner I know I still have to eat to run.
More H2O!
Less impulse eating
Keep up with my food log
Lose at least a pound a week until I hit 145-150

libby116 09-10-2013 02:01 AM

Welcome Mary. When you start logging your food it is a real eye opener to see how many calories you consume. Watch the drinking, its high calorie
and makes IBS worse. The cleaner I eat the less IBS symptoms I have.
Good luck and keep posting.

adyndravo1 09-10-2013 09:07 AM

Hello all. Hope you are having a good day.I have had a busy day. I had forgotten hard it is to get your own wood. It took Bechy and I from 10:30 To almost 2:30 ato go through the brush pile and get out the big pieces and limb them up and put in the back of the truck. We ended up with close to half a cord of green aspens. SHe has a barn but no horses now and we unloaded it there. Still need to do the popular tomorrow. And I got the strawberries planted I had started from runners. My back is a little sore. but hey we got it done:D.

libby116 09-10-2013 12:21 PM

Goals: lose weight and get fit
Drink 8 glasses of water: Y, Y,
Exercise 3x this week: N, Y,
Calories under 1100: 1000, 700,
2 fruits 3 veg: 1-4, 2-4
Let's all have a great week.

Mel-Mc 09-10-2013 12:30 PM

Goals: Keep calories under 1400; M=y, T=y
Walk at lunch at least 3 times: 2 done
Detox from the Mt. Dew: M=none, T=1 bottle

Stupid sinus problems got worse again. I'm hoping I drank the Mt. Dew to clear my throat early enough in the day that it doesn't ruin my sleep tonight.

Libby: When I'm at the gym I'm wearing black yoga pants and a slightly oversized teeshirt with Tigger on it.

libby116 09-10-2013 01:39 PM

I have heavy legs and I was wondering if when I lose a lot of weight will my legs be slimmer with a lot of hanging skin and is there any thing I can do about it?

adyndravo1 09-10-2013 02:08 PM

Well I am one tired cookie tonight. so a quick post with my goals
Goals this week are
1. exercise 5 times min.-1-2
2. drink at least 8 cups water min.m=y,t=y
3. Log every thing I eat.m=y,t=y
4 post at least once a day.m=y ,t=y