Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting August 26 2013 - Luck is no excuse >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting August 26 2013 - Luck is no excuse

Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting August 26 2013 - Luck is no excuse

Old 09-01-2013, 12:11 AM
FitDay Member

Libby sorry you went through all that. I knwo you must have felt horrible pain but kudos to you for not going for the pain meds. They do just make the pain worse. I hope you heal quickly and completely.

As for me, do I get a do over?

Goals:
1) healthy eating with one cheat day or meals instead of seven: yes I did well Tuesday just overate, Wednesday we will call my cheat day Thursday, Friday a blur, Sat I ate well but again I overate. I am doing a "locavore challenge" through my food co-op trying to eat locally and may have to go back to meal plans!
2) walk or gym 3x this week (gentle) - I really wanted to go to the gym waited for DH and didn't go MY BAD T: MELT, W: no, no, no, no
3) stretch daily -yes, yes no yes, no, no
4) writing a priority -yes tried, no, no, no, no
5) meditation -yes, yes no, no, no, no
6) stay off internet while working- turned it off, booyah T half day until DD needed me, W not around much no, no, no, no
7) study Spanish -si, si no, no fixed the program so yes, si un hora
8) stay positive -yes, yes no, no yes, yes, yes
9) lose 2+ pounds of "indulgence" weight - already lost one gained it back AND MORE
10) I'm in for 35 servings of fruit and veg - 6,5, 3 lots of fruits and veg. lost count
Old 09-01-2013, 12:16 AM
FitDay Member

Hope- I personally am very glad to see you on! This weekend is particularly quiet. Are you feeling better? I hope so.

I burned myself out by yesterday.......it was too much walking 1 hour in the heat. MS has been acting up as a result. I may do very little today.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:59 AM
FitDay Member

Happy September 1st everyone. I wasn't going to weigh in till Monday but today is the first of the month, The scale said 171 so I did lose 3 pounds in August. I was busy doing more than I should have yesterday but I was also resting when I needed to. I keep looking around at all that needs to be done and I will get around to it eventually. Better days are ahead.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:44 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Robingen
Hope- I personally am very glad to see you on! This weekend is particularly quiet. Are you feeling better? I hope so.

I burned myself out by yesterday.......it was too much walking 1 hour in the heat. MS has been acting up as a result. I may do very little today.
Thank you so much, Robin. I really appreciate the show of support and you reaching out. Take it easy today. Have a GUILT FREE rest day. Someitmes we need that and we need to just enjoy it!
Old 09-01-2013, 01:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by libby116
Happy September 1st everyone. I wasn't going to weigh in till Monday but today is the first of the month, The scale said 171 so I did lose 3 pounds in August. I was busy doing more than I should have yesterday but I was also resting when I needed to. I keep looking around at all that needs to be done and I will get around to it eventually. Better days are ahead.
Happy September 1st!!! You sound so positive and inspirational. And congrats on those 3 lbs you lost. I found `em BTW LOL.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:04 AM
FitDay Member

Hope: Yes you get a do over. Every day is a chance to make it better.
Quoting Maya Angelou, You do what you know and when you know better you do better.
Robin: Baby steps. Don't over do it on the exercise. I hope that you will be feeling better soon.
Mwoa. Love all you guys.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:43 AM
FitDay Member

Hope: Yes you get a do over. Every day is a chance to make it better.
Quoting Maya Angelou, You do what you know and when you know better you do better.
Robin: Baby steps. Don't over do it on the exercise. I hope that you will be feeling better soon.
Mwoa. Love all you guys.
Thank you! Love the Angelou quote. I once saw her read and speak. She was fabulous, smart and funny, just like you'd expect. She told a story I still remember...
Old 09-01-2013, 04:43 AM
FitDay Member

Happy September 1st. Sunday is my weigh in day. I just weigh once a day. If I weigh more often I can get discouraged. So any way I got on the scale and had to get back on and get back on.. I was down 5 more pounds. I have not lost this much wieght in this short amount of time in a long, long, long time. THat makes 22 lbs since the fisrt of the year.
Libby sounds like you are getting better. so glad to see that.
My sister found this and printed it up for me. i think it fits thmoood very well.

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a mystery, Today is a Gift. That is why it is called The Present.
Nyda
Old 09-01-2013, 08:25 AM
FitDay Member

Default Maintenance Anniversary

Hi all. My head is much better today. The pain meds are out of my system and my bodily functions are back to normal but I tire easily. I won't record my weight till Monday so that should give me some time to get back to proper eating. I am drinking water with lemon and cranberry juice to flush my kidneys. My cravings are gone and I am eating well again. Thank you for your concern. It's wonderful to know that people care about me.
Hi Libby: Good to hear you are feeling somewhat better. I hear that the pain of passing a kidney stone is worse than childbirth.

<Wrote that yesterday. Never posted it. Guess just the idea of pain scared me off. But I said I would post this weekend, so here goes...>

Libby I certainly hope your kidney problems are all, well, behind you now!

It's been a very disconcerting few weeks for me, but I'm starting to be less anxious about recent events. The good news is that the anxiety caused me to loose a few pounds, the bad is I was bouncing off the limit of my 'shouldn't go lower than this' weight.

As of today, Sept 1, its officially been a year since I achieved my 'stretch' goal weight. The past year has had it's ups and downs on the scale, but I've always under my original goal throughout the last year. Maintenance has been hard, especially around the holidays, but not near as hard is losing in the first place.

I don't always eat as well as I should, especially when it comes to my sweet tooth. And, although I've been on a low cholesterol regimen for over six months now, my blood cholesterol is still too high... But I feel great. I definitely haven't been feeling self-conscious in a bathing suit this summer, (or at least not in a bad way - even if it is a 'tank'), and I've got a lot more energy than I've had in the past.

There were time when I didn't think I could get to this point, but if I can do it, anyone can! Just keep at it, and if you slip up, dust yourself off and keep going!

- Donna
Old 09-01-2013, 09:47 AM
FitDay Member

Wow, Donna, Happy Anniversary! That is so inspirational, hearing about your year of maintenance. For sure, one has to learn a lot about oneself to be able to keep the maintenance and not go too far back to old habits.

Do you have any ideas as to why your cholesterol is still high? Are you genetically prone to it?

Congratulations also to all you losers!

I am "taking it easy" today, watching my energy and dealing with the humidity. As such I was not able to exercise and so didn't meet my 7 hours goal. You are right Libby. I really don't pace myself well with the exercise. There is a big discrepancy between my general fitness level and the influence of the MS. I am not very good at juggling that. Walking for an hour in the heat is good for me but it sure doesn't feel good! The only thing that feels good is swimming. Oh well.

Other than that I did well with my goals.

What's with the Happy Sept 1- is it a holiday?

Goals:
1. Drink lots of water: M-Ok, T-N, W-Y, Th-ok, Fr-ok, S-Y, Su-Y 6 days
2. 7 hours of exercise: M-70 minutes walk/run, T- 40 mins swim, 60 mins yoga class, W-30 mins walk, 60 mins yoga class, Th- 30 mins swim, Fr-0, S - 60 mins walk, Su-0 Only 6
3. 50 servings fruit and veg: M-11, T-10, W-10, Th-11 Fr-10, S-9, Su-5 66-Rockin this one
4. Post daily: M-Y, T-Y, W-Y, Th-Y, F-Y, S-Y, Su-Y Yep

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.