Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting August 26 2013 - Luck is no excuse >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting August 26 2013 - Luck is no excuse

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting August 26 2013 - Luck is no excuse

Old 08-28-2013, 04:49 AM
FitDay Member

Kocia - You mean you haven't started working on this already? I've been at it a good few weeks already but it just seems that everytime I get close to figuring out the solution the alcohol is able to overpower my feeble mind.

There are a lot of "studies" on the internet, I'll stick to journals if I want reliable information (although these days it's not too different from the internet in terms of requirements for writing in one)

OK I will exercise today, after mytrip to the supermarket, I just hope I don't get suckered in by the pictures on the food. Damn these Koreans and their sexed up food products.

Goals:

1. Under 2000 calories per day
M-5401, T-1126, W-682
2. Over 3000 calories exercise for the week
M-0, T-0, W-0
3. Robin's Veggie challenge (I'll go for 35 instead of 50)
M-8, T-1, W4
4. Less than 3 icecreams for the week (my gf bought about 25 on Sunday and they look so tasty just sitting there in the freezer in this 35C [that's like 1000F] weather)
M-1, T-1, W-0
Old 08-28-2013, 04:51 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats Robin on reaching your goal weight!

Cantaloupe for breakfast, chicken caesar salad for lunch (leftover chicken in fridge) with apple. Up to 4 veggies Now all I have to do is work on getting the water in and get some exercise. Still quite humid (think we are going to get more rain).

no weight loss so far this week but at least I'm eating healthier and that's the main thing!

Jenn
Old 08-28-2013, 06:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by iansteele
Kocia - You mean you haven't started working on this already? I've been at it a good few weeks already but it just seems that everytime I get close to figuring out the solution the alcohol is able to overpower my feeble mind.

There are a lot of "studies" on the internet, I'll stick to journals if I want reliable information (although these days it's not too different from the internet in terms of requirements for writing in one)
Ha! I have not - only because I tend to stay away from anything that is low-calorie, low-fat, low-carb, reduced-whatever, diet, skim, etc. The more they mess with food, the worse-off we get. But for this fun research project (N=1) - yeah, baby!

I read about the study I mentioned in last week's Wall Street Journal (Latest Reasearch on the Effects of Alcohol on Your Waistline), which kind of gave it an air of respectability - I know it was probably financed by Sonoma and Napa, but, oh! - I SO want to believe it!

Alas there are other studies mentioned - but I am conveniently choosing to forget those... Explore at your own risk.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:19 AM
FitDay Member

Hello all. I am feeling a little better today. I had the feeling my head weighed like 40 pounds and was alittle out of it till about 11 am. Went out and started cleaning up the garage. We had a yard sale and all the stuff that did not sale is still in the garage. I got to the point of needing my sister here to help wilth the rest as much of it is her stuff.
Mern the photo is so cute and like you I am afraid that it is in my genes as well- post at least once a daythis fear of exercise. I tripped and fell in the garage this morning and I twisted the back a little. I can feel iton the right side. I am going to do my exersize any way.
Thank you all for the kind words and advice on my mood swings. I am already taking an anti depressant, it helps a lot but still have those days.

Goals this week
8 + cups of water-m=y,t=y
Exercise 4 times m=n,t=1
log everythingI eat m=y,t=n
post at least once a daym=y,t=y
Old 08-28-2013, 08:39 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, Thanks. I'm not counting it as a RAK until I actually see him, which will likely be Friday.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:24 AM
FitDay Member

169 by the end of the week
calories: M-863 T-953 W-866
3 fruit and 4 veg every day: M-Y T-Y W-Y
8 glasses of water: Y, Y, Y,
exercise every day: Y, Y, N,
I spent the day straightening out the house, putting things back where they belong and clearing the dinning table of my sewing stuff. Tomorrow morning is my surgery. I have to be at the hospital at 6:00 am so I am going to bed early tonight.
It was another good day.

Last edited by libby116; 08-28-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:28 AM
FitDay Member

Terri, gorgeous pictures, girl! That one with your grandpa was so lovely; it's good you got time beforehand to take that. The "wavy hair" photographed quite well and the groom is handsome and seems to be quite charming.

For f & v eaters, a good way to eat zucchini: peel in long slices raw, eat with pesto.

I am going through some hard times so will be gone for a bit. Hope to see you all soon!
Old 08-28-2013, 12:03 PM
FitDay Member

169 by the end of the week
calories: M-863 T-953 W-1166
3 fruit and 4 veg every day: M-Y T-Y W-Y
8 glasses of water: Y, Y, Y,
exercise every day: Y, Y, N,

It was another good day till I got into the cashews.

Last edited by libby116; 08-28-2013 at 12:18 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:37 PM
FitDay Member

Goals:
Accurately record everything I consume: M=Y, T=Y, W=N
Keep calories between 1200-1400: M=1875, T=1675, W=?
Report in here every day: M=Y, T=Y, T=Y
Walk at lunch 4 days: M=Y, T=N, W=N
Use the yoga CD at least once.

My evil shoulder princess* won the day today. I put my back out early in the morning and comfort ate the rest of the day. Anyone have any good tricks to get yourself out of that mode?

Successes for the day: going to the gym, getting in my water, coming here and posting despite the bad day.

*Other people get tempting shoulder devils, I got a whiney shoulder princess.

I hope everyone else had a great day.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:39 PM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1. Drink lots of water: M-Ok, T-N, W-Y
2. 7 hours of exercise: M-70 minutes walk/run, T- 40 mins swim, 60 mins yoga class, W-30 mins walk, 60 mins yoga class
3. 50 servings fruit and veg: M-11, T-10, W-10
4. Post daily: M-Y, T-Y, W-Y

Only reason I got 10 f and v in today is that I put pineapple and blueberries on my delicious frozen yogurt. I didn't eat the salad Mern I still had leftover bean salad from lunch.

Thanks for all the congrats guys. I am still.2 from my goal and given my weight fluctuations I might be back up to 161 tomorrow but hopefully 160 will stick by the end of the week.

Good Luck tomorrow Libby! I know what you mean the same thing happens to me when I try a few cashews.

Hope..........hugs.......take care of yourself.

I love to share yoga info RS so ask away Last "Yoga in the Garden" for the summer was tonight but I think I will regularly go to Yin on Tuesdays.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.