Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational starting 8/19/13; OK let's get this party started >

Motivational starting 8/19/13; OK let's get this party started

Community
Notices

Motivational starting 8/19/13; OK let's get this party started

Old 08-20-2013, 11:54 AM
FitDay Member

Robin: Your body is telling you that 162 is perfect for you and it is a weight that you can maintain. You have reached your goal. Congratulations.

It was none of my business telling you what to do. You know what is best
for you. I am sorry.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:06 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by libby116
Robin: Your body is telling you that 162 is perfect for you and it is a weight that you can maintain. You have reached your goal. Congratulations.

It was none of my business telling you what to do. You know what is best
for you. I am sorry.
OMG Libby don't apologize......what you said was very nice and made me happy. I have been less regular than usual with my posting........just busy. It's only 9 pm and I am very soon going to bed.

And I think it was more than your meds that made the difference in your blood tests, healthy lifestyle also
Old 08-20-2013, 01:44 PM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) stretch - yes, yes
2) meditate -yes no
3) write - yes but not enough no
4) practice Spanish - no, aye no
5) maintain positive attitude and stop being so grumbly and mean - um (I yelled at people in a doctor's office for keeping me on hold on the phone for an unreasonable amount of time - I said lucky this wasn't serious or I would have died by now. DH asked, "You actually said that?" Yes I actually said that. Also I bullied gym personnel into not charging me a $20 "activation fee" to rejoin. An activation fee? Seriously? for a key they could barely activate at first - activating it was pushing a button BTW. I'm chill now tho. JUST DON'T PISS ME OFF!!!! And pick up the %#!* phone and gimme my key!! T: OK so eye doctor making me wait 45 minutes for my eye apppointment which he triple booked and then dilating my eyes and making me wait another 20 minutes; IS IT ANY WONDER I AM GROUHY?... but then I wnt to a MELT class and chilled right out and I did overpay the kid who took me to and for my eye appoinment so there's that. I am not a TOTAL Grinch
6) go to gym, now that I rejoined TODAY, yeah - YES, MELT class
7) stop the crazy out of control rebellion eating (I was on a very strict "health plan") I did resist getting a burger and fries and Chinese food I am eating everything THIS MUST STOP
Old 08-20-2013, 11:57 PM
FitDay Member

It's early. I got up to put the dogs out before they made a mess in the house again. My border collie cross is almost 16 (in October). When she wakes up I have to get her out of the house right away because she loses bowel control. The beagle cross usually wakes me up when she has to go but by then the collie has already made a mess. I opened the windows to let the cool of the morning in. Today is going to be a hot one. My son welded the broken bracket back on the treadmill and put it back together so now I can use it again. The plan is to use the treadmill in the morning and walk outside in the evening. I hope that I can turn my weight around. So far this month I have gained two pounds I don't know how other people can eat 1400 calories and lose weight. I would love to go to a personal trainer dietitian, but I can't afford it. I would love to go to fat camp for a week and learn a new way of being. Congrats to all the people who are losing weight and winning the battle.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:18 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for all the welcomes! I'm happy to say that last night my bf and I went to Sherlock's for "KCCO" night. I did not have any beer and I did not have anything fried! It was my first "eat out" test

Goals:
1. Keep up the 30 min walks
2. keep doing 20 min of zumba
3. eat fresh foods only

50 lbs to go!
Old 08-21-2013, 02:36 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, I hear ya. Yesterday I got on the scale and I was up the pound that I had lost. I was so frustrated because I exercised on Mon and have been drinking lots of water. I was a little over on carbs but not grossly.

My Mom went to Tim's this morning but I didn't have anything. My Mom made fun because I didn't have anything but I really, really want to lose weight by Thanksgiving. Yes it's vain--whatever. We went grocery shopping and we are well stocked on veggies and fruit now. I will have to watch what I eat a little bit more carefully and hopefully I can turn it around.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:59 AM
Super Moderator

Hope: Wonderful to see you!!!!! Thanks for the welcome, and for the compliment on the picture That was about 10 seconds after we were intro'd as husband and wife, I love the candid shot.

Mern IS amazing. I hope she pops 'round to see us saying that about her! Miss you, Mern!

Honestly, I don't think your "grumpy" red text is actually grumpiness at all, but rather just standing up for yourself, especially in the case of the gym membership. I know that *I* am sick and tired of fees that exist seemingly for no reason and no effort. Ugh. It's gotten completely out of hand.

Libby: Great news on the doc's report!!! Good job! Your calorie count is something I could never do - anything under 1,200 calories and I'm like a rabid bear, biting at anything that moves. I do much better on 1,300+. I'm in awe of how you can do it!!

valkyrie: Sounds like you're off to a fantastic start, I wish I was more flexible!! Your starting goals look great, nice and simple. Always better to start simple!!!

Kocialapcia: Thanks for the welcome! I will definitely post more pictures when I get them. The photog says they'll be online soon and is mailing us a list. Mad at the photographer though, she tried to overcharge me by $650 because she "forgot" that I had changed my debit card midway through the payment plan and had "lost" the records of those payments. Luckily, I had my bank statements and could e-mail. Ugh. As if weddings weren't expensive enough!!!!!

RS: Thanks for the welcome, lovely to meet you too! Your progress and dedication is very inspiring!!!! Thanks for the compliment on the picture, it was a very happy moment!!

adyndravo1: Many thanks!!! I hope we've got 52 years + in us as well. Husband and I have been living together since early 2006, so it hasn't been a huge change in terms of day-to-day, but we're happy and sappily in love still. I like our chances!

Okay, so I decided that this week is a bit too crazy to make any goals; I have a talk to prep for Friday, syllabi to write/revise and a lot of job hunt organization to do, as well as workshops on Wednesday night and Thursday morning (and all day Friday). I need to focus on work. BUT! I have two other goals!

1) Check in here daily! <3
2) Weigh myself on Friday and record the number, good, bad, or ugly.

Then on Monday, I'll start up with some simple goals again.

Woohoo!!!
Old 08-21-2013, 04:20 AM
FitDay Member

taubele: My metabolism is so slow that if I eat 1100 calories I gain weight.
It's partly due to my age and partly because of the meds that I am on. All I can do is keep putting one foot in front of the other and never give up.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by taubele

valkyrie: Sounds like you're off to a fantastic start, I wish I was more flexible!! Your starting goals look great, nice and simple. Always better to start simple!!!

Yes simple goals seem to work the best for us (my bf and I). We both have a lot of weight to put off. Baby steps and one day at a time... I feel like a recovering addict, haha!

canary: Puedo practicar en español contigo

Old 08-21-2013, 11:34 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1. Log everything I eat: M=Y, T=Y, W=N
2. Stay between 1200-1400 calories per day: M-1480, T=1430, W=???
3. Exercise at lunch two days this week: 1 done

Today was my big challenge day and I didn't rise to the occasion. All my meals were at the workshop so I had no say in what I ate, only how much. I wasn't unreasonable but I definitely went over my calorie goals for the week. I'm trying to decide if I should count today as one of my "exercise at lunch" days. The tour we had before lunch was even more walking than I would normally get in on the treadmill.

I was up a pound this morning after being good for days. Watch me be down the pound tomorrow after being bad. My body definitely doesn't know about positive reinforcement.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.