Motivational starting 8/19/13; OK let's get this party started

Old 08-20-2013, 04:05 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) stretch - yes
2) meditate -yes
3) write - yes but not enough
4) practice Spanish - no
5) maintain positive attitude and stop being so grumbly and mean - um (I yelled at people in a doctor's office for keeping me on hold on the phone for an unreasonable amount of time - I said lucky this wasn't serious or I would have died by now. DH asked, "You actually said that?" Yes I actually said that. Also I bullied gym personnel into not charging me a $20 "activation fee" to rejoin. An activation fee? Seriously? for a key they could barely activate at first - activating it was pushing a button BTW. I'm chill now tho. JUST DON'T PISS ME OFF!!!! And pick up the %#!* phone and gimme my key!!
6) go to gym, now that I rejoined TODAY, yeah - YES
7) stop the crazy out of control rebellion eating (I was on a very strict "health plan") I did resist getting a burger and fries and Chinese food

Last edited by canary52; 08-20-2013 at 04:15 AM.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:12 AM
FitDay Member

I just got back from my doctors visit and all my blood tests were at normal levels. He credits the medications for that but he is glad that I am losing weight He gave me an A+ again and said I lost 5kg. I go back to see him in November. I hope to lose another 5kg by then.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:37 AM
FitDay Member

Hello! I'm new to this... my bf and I are working to lose weight. We do at least 30 min of cardio every day (I've gotten into the Zumba phase so I do an extra 20 min of cardio)... We are trying to change the way we eat. More raw foods less processed... less carbs. So far its just been the difficulties of poor college kids trying to eat healthy... bad foods are so much cheaper.

Anyway, I've already noticed I'm more flexible so that's pretty cool
Old 08-20-2013, 06:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by valkyrie0927

Hello! I'm new to this... my bf and I are working to lose weight. We do at least 30 min of cardio every day (I've gotten into the Zumba phase so I do an extra 20 min of cardio)... We are trying to change the way we eat. More raw foods less processed... less carbs. So far its just been the difficulties of poor college kids trying to eat healthy... bad foods are so much cheaper.

Anyway, I've already noticed I'm more flexible so that's pretty cool
Hi,
Welcome! Great progress! The way this thread works is we list goals, diet goals, exercise goals, life goals, and try to achieve them through the week. But you are welcome to just hang out and visit. Altho you do seem to have goals...
Old 08-20-2013, 07:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
5)
maintain positive attitude and stop being so grumbly and mean - um (I yelled at people in a doctor's office for keeping me on hold on the phone for an unreasonable amount of time - I said lucky this wasn't serious or I would have died by now. DH asked, "You actually said that?" Yes I actually said that. Also I bullied gym personnel into not charging me a $20 "activation fee" to rejoin. An activation fee? Seriously? for a key they could barely activate at first - activating it was pushing a button BTW. I'm chill now tho. JUST DON'T PISS ME OFF!!!! And pick up the %#!* phone and gimme my key!!
See what happens when you try to mess with nature?
I am so proud of you now, though!

Last edited by Kocialapcia; 08-20-2013 at 07:52 AM.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:52 AM
FitDay Member

Terri - welcome back! Congratulations and best wishes for wonderful married life!
I remember you from way back! (I was not posting much then, but reading all that you guys wrote).

Let us see more pictures when you get them!
Old 08-20-2013, 08:10 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats Libby on the weight loss and good Dr report.
Welcome Terri, beautiful wedding photos.
Hope, I think we all have those days!!
Old 08-20-2013, 08:47 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by libby116
My weight is up to 176 lbs. August is turning out to be a very tough month.
Most days my calorie count is between 700 - 1,000 and I drink my 8 glasses of water, two glasses with each meal and two more in the evening. Exercise has been hit and miss and now my treadmill is broken. Tomorrow I see my doctor for my 3 month blood work check up. He was pleased with my results in May and I have lost some weight since then.

RS: Please tell us more about what you are doing. Your success is fantastic.
Libby: I just got tired of getting more and more unhealthy, which increased my weight. I basically only eat vegetables, fruit, and occasionally beans. My diet is 90% raw. This was difficult at first. I have lost 62 pounds in 3 1/2 months. It seems so overwhelming to me to think how much I have lost and that I still have more to go. I am working on changing my thoughts and feelings along with healthy food choices. It is a life long change that I have made. I am approaching my half way point. Once I reach it, I will share my whole story and progress pictures. I am so grateful for people like you that lend me support. By the way, great job on the weight loss and blood tests.

Valkyrie: Hi and nice to meet you. I agree that unhealthy food seems to be cheaper than healthy choices. I know our grocery bill has almost doubled, since fresh fruits and vegetables are the main source of protein in our household now. Good luck!

Mern: Where are you? I miss you!

Terri: Nice to meet you. The wedding picture is beautiful. You both look so happy. Congrats and good luck!

Kocialapcia: Good luck with your goals and adding more fruits and veggies. Once it is a habit, it's easier to keep up with that type of food choices.

Week goals:

1. Log everything I eat: Yes
2. Walk daily: Yes
3. Breathing exercises: No
4. Daily sit-ups: Yes
5. Strength training on arms/small weights: Yes
6. Lose 2 pounds: pending
Old 08-20-2013, 08:52 AM
FitDay Member

Good day to everyone. I spent some time this morning on finding a plumer abecause we have no cold water pressure. We just get this trickle. I have been really good so far today. I did tomatoes again to day 3 more bottle in the freezer- total 6. I do love my green house. Lunch was a tomato sliced with an ounce fo swiss cheese cooked in microwave. very tasty. I already have all my water in and it isn't 3 pm here yet.
Terri welcome back and congrats on the marriage. I hope you stay married and happy as long as my oldest sister- 52 years and counting.
Valkyrie welcome to fit day. THis really helps if you use it. I post everything I eat and Post at least once a day on this thread. THere are some really neat people on this thread and they are willing to help any one who askes.
Need to go get my walk away the pounds tape done so I can shower and work on supper.
My goals
drink 8 cups of water a day min.m=y
Exercise 4 times a week.m=y
Log everything I eat m=y
Old 08-20-2013, 11:37 AM
FitDay Member

calories: M-922
water: Y,
exercise: N

Today went well. It was a busy day with dr. appointment, house work, making meals and taking care of the dogs. I may have over estimated my calories today. It sure would be nice to see the scale numbers moving down.

RS: I am looking forward to hearing more about your weight loss journey.

Mern: We miss you.

Thank goodness for this web site.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.