Community
Notices

Motivational starting 8/19/13; OK let's get this party started

Old 08-22-2013, 11:09 AM
FitDay Member

calories: M-938 T-922 W-998 T-838
water: Y, Y, Y, Y,
exercise: N, Y, Y, Y,

I was sitting and sewing for most of the day but I did get a 20 minute walk in after lunch. It was a good day.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:29 PM
FitDay Member

Busy week, not logging, but I am mentally keeping track sort of and doing ok.

Goals:

1. No take out: so far so good
2. Exercise 2x: one walk and one swim.

I had pasta today, and I rarely do, I imagine my sodium is up also.

Terri, yea for you, on good choices! I am doing the same thing, exercising portion control when options are limited.

Had to buy a new bathing suit today. Went pretty well! I actually fit into a 10 now.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:26 PM
FitDay Member

evening all. I am off my typing a bit. burnes my third finger typ on a hot pan. It is still hurting a bit and has a small blister. I did okay today calorioe wise. I did not go over and I did get a little walking in. It hot and muggy. I wish it would just rain

My goals
drink 8 cups of water a day min.m=y,t=y,w=y,t=y
Exercise 4 times a week.m=y,t=y,w=n,t=n
Log everything I eat m=y ,t=y,w=y,t=y
Old 08-23-2013, 01:27 AM
FitDay Member

Thursday report

GOALS
1. Keep to carb limit! yes
2. 4 servings of fruits and veggies no
3. 6 glasses of water (at least) yes
4. Exercise 4X (this should be easy this week as I have to cut grass and do yardwork!) yes

Personal goals
1. Work on cleaning out another room in house
emptied fridge and wiped down, washed floor and counters so no time to work on "other" stuff. BTW this counts as my exercise yesterday

Jenn
Old 08-23-2013, 02:13 AM
FitDay Member

No goals met yesterday (Thursday). I was on the other side of the workshop divide yesterday, running around like crazy assisting the organizers. At least it beat the 10 hours of sitting still the day before. It was another day of other people's food choices. I didn't get much chance to eat but I have no idea how close to my goals I stayed. Nibbling is so deceptive.

To close on a positive note all the workshops and vacations are over so I hope to get back to the dull grind of fat removal with less challenges. Family shared some of the vacation pictures and I have some visual motivations now. So many backside shots.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:40 AM
FitDay Member

Great job Terri! Good choices!

Jenn, great FD/diabetic support group connection. Good idea!

Goals:
1) stretch - yes, yes, yes, yes
2) meditate -yes no, no yes
3) write - yes but not enough no, no yes, some
4) practice Spanish - no, aye no, no pero hoya SI
5) maintain positive attitude and stop being so grumbly and mean - no, no, yes, yes
6) go to gym or walk 3x this week:YES, MELT class, no, Yes walked
7) stop the crazy out of control rebellion eating (I was on a very strict "health plan") yes no, no Despite a social event, I kept pretty on plan and lost 1/5 lbs so far (definitely sodium weight)
Old 08-23-2013, 03:38 AM
Super Moderator

jjrudd: the more ther merrier

adyndravo: Sorry about your hips and knees, your finger (ouch!) and the disability My father has terrible headaches almost daily and I see how they really disable him. They are a result of an accident at work, so luckily he was able to get on disability, but he looks and sounds normal most times and you wouldn't know just from being around him for awhile. That must be so frustrating!!! And dude, my cold water lost pressure a couple of days ago in the shower. I hope I don't have to call a plumber, big boo! Great job on your goals!!!

libby: Ooooh, I'm a sewer! What are you working on? I do mostly counted cross-stitch.

Robin: Oooh, I bet you look hot in your new bathing suit! Good for you! Thanks for the kudos!

Mel: Those backside shots are always a motivator, haha!! Some of mine from my wedding make me go "hmm" -- I hear you about summer being crazy, conferences and vacations. Busy semester for me but I can't wait for it to actually start so that I get in a routine again! I also agree that nibbling is deceptive. It's really hard for me to snack without measuring out the portion, otherwise I quickly lose track of how many "little bites" I have taken.

Hope: Sounds like you had a great Thursday, wahoo!

1) Check in here daily! <3 W: Yes Th: Yes F: Yes
2) Weigh myself on Friday and record the number, good, bad, or ugly. F: Yes, but the number is a bit too ugly to be believed... 185?!

So, I did finally weigh myself this morning, and I was SHOCKED when the scale came up 185. I honestly am in disbelief that I weigh quite that much, because I am still fitting into a size 12 pants, which is the size I fit into when I was 160. Are they a little tighter? Yes, but I wouldn't not wear them, and I am not "squeezing" in. It's possible my clothes have stretched, but...

Another thing is that the scale came up as 185, and then said "Error", and then didn't turn back on again. Every time I stepped on it after that it just said "Error" without giving me a number, so it miiiight be broken. I have to run and do a few errands this afternoon anyway, so I will pick up a scale while I'm out and try again. For now, though, the ugly 185 number is my number. Ew.

Thing to be proud of today: Another day, another workshop with breakfast and lunch. I ate some Greek Yogurt at home and skipped the breakfast entirely today so as not to be tempted, and I am trying to up my water. DH brought home chinese last night, although he did get me steamed dumplings, no rice or noodles. I had one of his crab rangoons.

Not sure what's in store for lunch, but I'll do the best I can, and I also have a talk to give at 2:00 regarding my summer research. Wish me luck!

~Terri
Old 08-23-2013, 04:19 AM
FitDay Member

I am a crafty person. My last cross stitch was 20" x 24" on 32 count linen,
300 stitches per square inch. That one took me 3 years. My favorite hobby is quilting. Yesterday I was altering some clothes for my mom and dad. Today I have some more sewing to do. If I can keep my calories under control I should have a good day.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:29 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by taubele
Hi there ladies and gentlemen

~Terri
Well hello doll face! How have you been? Now I feel bad for being MIA this week. I take it you'll be back Monday to make sure I show up... right?
Old 08-23-2013, 07:56 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all finger feels much better, just a small blister. I can type now- no big improvment.. I woke up today at 3:30 am with my head pounding. Itook some aleve and was albe to get back to sleep. I have been wanting to do the the bad food choses all day. I just keep puting off and not doing it.I may make it through the day.
Terri I also do counted cross stitch> I have a drawer full of pictures I can not afford to frame. The last one I did I put a fabirc frame and backing with tabs on the top. THis way my friend could hand it with a small curtain rod. If you have not alread found this site you need to go to Heaven and Earth Designs. The have the most beautiful pictures there. Here's to avoiding temptation. Nyda

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.