Notices

Yummy Personal Pizza - 274 calories

Old 07-02-2013, 05:48 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Yummy Personal Pizza - 274 calories

1/4 cup Garbanzo/Fava Bean Flour (its high in fiber!) (110 cals)
1 organic whole egg (70 cals)
1 organic egg white (16 cals)
basil/parsley/oregano/black pepper/sea salt/turmeric

2-3T Organic Mushroom Pasta Sauce (15 cals)

chopped mushrooms (5)
chopped onion (15)
chopped green pepper (10)
chopped garlic (5)
chopped tomato (5)

1 T organic valley shredded Italian cheese (23 cals)

Mix flour, eggs and spices. Spread onto (pre-sprayed w/olive oil) small round metal pizza pan. Bake for 12 minutes at 350. While pizza is baking, place chopped vegetables into small sauce pan with a little bit of water, and pinch of each spice, adding a tablespoon of water as needed to keep from burning.
Remove pizza from oven and add sauce, sautéed/steamed vegetables, and cheese and bake for another 5-8 minutes. Delicious!

This pizza is very flavorful, is low in carbohydrate and high in fiber, protein, and vitamins. No guilt here.. Anyone who tries this, let me know what you think. I had it for brunch before my workout today and I really enjoyed it.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

I'm a low carber and LOVE Garbanzo beans but they use up a lot of my daily carbs.

When I crave pizza I make http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/food-talk/3788-cauliflower-pizza.html
Old 07-03-2013, 07:10 AM
Super Moderator

I love garbanzo/fava bean flour. I use it quite a bit. Will try this!
Old 07-03-2013, 03:10 PM
FitDay Member

Default Extra Notes...

Just a note: Pizza batter will be like a pancake batter, so be sure to use a pizza pan that has the edges. Make sure to use a very small pizza pan too, or pizza will be too thin. Also, if you don't want to spray your pan, you can lay down parchment paper so that it wont stick.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:25 PM
FitDay Member

That's a great recipe, thanks for sharing!
Old 07-05-2013, 10:47 AM
FitDay Member

Default :D

Glad to share
Old 07-13-2013, 10:19 AM
FitDay Member

Default even better....

So, I've tried making this both ways, flavor amazing! but... spraying the pan works much better than the wax/parchment paper. The crust stuck to the wax paper, so I'm going to purchase a silicone pizza pan, so that I don't have to use any cooking spray or butter.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:28 PM
FitDay Member

Looks so yummy to me.. I like to eat pizza, I'll also try to make this yummy recipe. Thanks to sharing..............

Last edited by Brodon; 11-06-2014 at 11:37 PM.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:08 AM
FitDay Member

A good homemade pizza crust is simple to make. Here’s a recipe for a pizza crust that I always make for my family.

Ingredients

3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling
1 teaspoon of honey
1 packet of instant dry yeast
2 teaspoons of sea salt
1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
2 tablespoons olive oil, plus 2 teaspoons

Directions

1. Combine the dry ingredients (flour, yeast and sea salt) in a bowl.

2. Mix the honey in the water. Then, add the honey-water mixture and 2 tablespoons of the oil and mix, then knead until the dough forms into a smooth, solid ball. The ball should be soft but firm. If it’s too hard, add more water. If it’s too runny and overly sticky, add more flour.

3. Grease a large bowl with the remaining olive oil.

4. Add the dough and cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Allow it to double in size. This usually takes me 45 minutes – 1 hour.

5. After it has risen, knead the dough a bit more on a lightly floured surface and divide it into 2 equal pieces. Cover both pieces with a damp towel or plastic wrap. Allow them to rest for about 10 minutes.

Add toppings and bake pizza in an oven on a pizza stone at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, or until the crust browns and cheese thoroughly melts and bubbles. Instead of a pizza stone, you can also use a cast iron pan or a metal pizza pan. Personally, I prefer the outcome of pizzas made on my pizza stone.
Try this recipe at your home and enjoy with your family.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:51 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks sandrew for this recipe. It's so simple recipe and healthy too. I would like to try this recipe at my home.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.