Notices

Has anyone tried Konjac Root Fiber?

Old 07-13-2011, 04:04 PM
FitDay Member

Default Has anyone tried Konjac Root Fiber?

I heard about it on Dr. Oz. He said it was one of the best weightloss suppliments. He also said it has 3 times more fiber than other suppliments and you really do fill fuller. I bought some today and will begin tomorrow.

Nancy
Old 07-14-2011, 12:23 AM
FitDay Member

Default Has anyone tried Konjac Root Fiber?

Dr. Oz claims this is one of the best weightloss suppliments on a recent show and I was curious if any of you have given it a try.

Nancy
Old 07-22-2011, 09:59 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Let us know how it works. I'm not much on diet supplements, but if it works for you, that's great!

Regards,
Michael
Old 07-29-2011, 06:29 AM
FitDay Member

I have not tried it. A friend of mine told me that Dr. Oz also recommends "African Mango" and she swears it works great. If I wind up stuck on a plateau I may try some of these.

Let us know how the Konjac Root Fiber is working out.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:04 AM
FitDay Member

I haven't had any success with the Konjac Root Fiber. I may not be taking a high enough miligram capsule. I'll give the African Mango a try when I can. How does it work?

Nancy
Old 07-31-2011, 08:40 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nctgreene
I haven't had any success with the Konjac Root Fiber. I may not be taking a high enough miligram capsule. I'll give the African Mango a try when I can. How does it work?

Nancy

You know, that's a good question. I don't take any but I really trust my friend who does. She's a health food person and does not spend her money on just anything. And she highly recommends this.

However... upon investigation, I don't feel it's for me. It's an appetite suppressant, and I really don't need that. I've been increasing my intake of protein and fiber, and I have not been hungry on a 1500-1800 calorie diet.

Anyway, here's what it says about Dr. Oz's recommendation:

"A popular advocate of alternative therapies, Dr. Oz mentioned on his show that the use of Irvingia Gabonensis, otherwise known as African mango, had proven to be effective when used as a supplement during weight loss programs. The weight loss properties of Irvingia Gabonensis have been attributed to its ability to increase the amount of Leptin (a substance that is responsible for regulating the metabolism and appetite in humans) in the bloodstream of those who use it as a supplement."

As far as weight loss is concerned, I'm more interested in fat burners and fat inhibitors. Currently I am doing a choline/inositol supplement and fish oil. I've been losing more weight than I had intended, so I must be doing something correct so far.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:01 AM
FitDay Member

Thankyou so much for all the information. I'm not doing so well diet wise. I am an emotional eater and I have been under a lot of stress lately. I could use an appetite suppressant

I wish you continued success on your weightloss journey.

Nancy
Old 10-20-2012, 10:18 AM
FitDay Member

Default Konjac root is actually banned in Australia.

Konjac root is banned in Australia. If you google the side effects you will see why.

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 10-20-2012 at 12:02 PM. Reason: link/quote removed