FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Food talk (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/food-talk/)
-   -   Another use for Laughing Cow (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/food-talk/7352-another-use-laughing-cow.html)

Icewithin 08-06-2012 03:11 AM

I like having my Laughing Cow on a Ryvita crispbread and then smushing a banana on top.

liberatedmist 08-07-2012 09:23 AM

mmm...banana sounds good! :-)

I made spaghetti squash alfredo with it the other day. Cooked the spaghetti squash and shredded it as normal. Sautéed some mushrooms and onion (other veggies would work, but this is what I had on hand) and mixed with squash. Then I just smashed a couple of the cheese wedges into the mixture. It took about 6 wedges in total to make it creamy/cheesey but that came out to 4 servings.

I made this ahead of time and then reheated it when we were ready to eat. My husband sprinkled parm cheese on his and said it made it a million times better. :rolleyes:

RunbikeSki 08-07-2012 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 85938)
Thanks, lm!

I haven' tried the flatbread, but I like the Wheat Thins Fiber. My favorite, though, are the Triscuit Thin Crisps...just three ingredients :D.

Forget the shoes, it's gotta be the cheese ;).

CJ, have you tried the WASA sesame thins? I actually don't mind the regular WASA crackers, but they aren't my fav. The Thins, however, are a whole new thing. Very good! Oh and yes (back to the cheese), wonderful with LC cheese :p

deedster 10-13-2012 09:25 AM

Laughing Cow Recipe Webiste

Check out Hungry Girl's website. She uses Laughing Cow in a lot of her recipes.

elanpotter 10-14-2012 06:26 AM

I use the Weight Watchers wedges instead of Laughing Cow because (here) it's cheaper and lower calories, but they're essentially the same. Today, I made tiny veggie pizzas: 1/4 of whole wheat pita shell (50 calories) torn down the center to make 2 crusts, a smidgeon of low-cal marinara (>10 calories), mushrooms, onion, tomato and jalapeno (20 calories at most because you can't fit much on them and I have leftover veggies cut to put with dinner) and split one wedge of the cheese (30 calories) between both mini crusts. Then, I popped them in the toaster oven until the cheese started to melt and ate them with Progresso French Onion (50 calories). So, for approximately 160 calories, I tamed my pizza craving and had a hearty and healthy lunch.

Oh, and liberatedmist, I have leftover spaghetti squash to use in dinner tonight, and your alfredo idea sounds scrumptious!

liberatedmist 11-15-2012 08:51 AM

I haven't been around for a little while, but made a new dish with laughing cow today! I had some leftover roasted butternut squash from last night's butternut squash "lasagna". I mashed it up with a wedge of the lite cinnamon cream cheese and microwaved it. :eek:

JulieBengt 02-08-2013 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by liberatedmist (Post 80886)
Ok, so I am addicted to these little wedges of happiness!! :D

The other day I made a sandwich with one (Franz Thin Bread, Sundried Tomato and Basil Light Wedge, Roasted Red Peppers and Alfalfa Sprouts) that was just phenomenal!

Today I just used the same Sundried Tomato and Basil Light flavor with zucchini. I chopped a small zucchini (mine was about 95 grams) into 1/4 inch cubes. Sprayed a pan with olive oil spray. Sauteed zucchini on high until tender and turning brown (I like crunchy zucchini). When it looked done and edible I dumped in the chopped Laughing Cow wedge, removed the pan from the heat and stirred constantly for a few seconds. Poured the cheesy zucchini on a plate and allowed a little more stirring and time for all the cheese to melt.

It was extremely tasty and only came to just over 50 calories. I have to admit that it isn't very filling, but it makes a great veggie snack!

Anyone else have any unique recipes using these cheese wedges?? I have heard of using them to make omelets and that might be my next adventure.

I believe these are processed. I do better avoiding processed food. You may wish to try farmer cheese. The low fat cheeses seem like wax with no flavor. Ricotta is another good choice. If I keep mayo in the fridge I'm in trouble, so I use avacado instead. . .emotional eater!