Notices

Low Calorie-Low Fat Desserts

Old 03-28-2010, 06:29 AM
FitDay Member

Default Low Calorie-Low Fat Desserts

Can you post your favorite low calorie, low fat dessert recipes here? Also, anything with dark chocolate for special occasions would be great. I'm out of ideas and getting tired of sugar-free jell-o. With Easter right around the corner I wanted to try something new. Thanks so much!
Old 03-28-2010, 08:46 AM
FitDay Member

I get the fat-free Fudgesicles that are the size of a single popsicle, 60 calories. The sugar free version is 40 calories. Satisfies the desire for ice cream
Old 03-28-2010, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator

desertmountain, you can drizzle melted dark chocolate on just about anything. Raspberries would be good and it would look very pretty. Meringue is also fairly low cal; you could make meringue shells to put them in. Angel food cake is fat free (though this and the meringue do have sugar). Frozen fruit bars are good and about 60-70 calories.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:37 AM
FitDay Member

thanks! I found a recipe for meringue shells online and will make it for Easter dessert, and will post it here if it turns out/tastes good.

I would love to hear what low cal dessert recipes you've tried.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:45 AM
FitDay Member

desertmountain ..one fancy restuarant i went to had a dessert called strawberry cloud...it was a meringue filled with frozen strawberry yogurt,,,and topped with some reduced strawberry sauce (just frozen strawberries without sugar and atouch of corn starch to thicken...with some water added and cooked till reduced down) ..it was soooo good!!!

I know a low fat one that is tried and true.....take one package of angel food mix....and add one large can of crushed pineapple to it..mix juice and all to the mix....and bake in angel food cake pan. Dont add anything else....bake till done. I added some light whip cream and few flakes of coconut to the top. Very tropical and spring like dessert!!@!

Last edited by pattialbert; 03-29-2010 at 07:50 AM.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:21 AM
FitDay Member

Ummmm, strawberry cloud....even the name sounds yummy. Thanks pattialbert--if the recipe turns out I'll play around with doing a strawberry one and post that one, too. I've been thinking that since there's so many calories on our Easter dinner I might fill my shell with the lowest cal thing I can get away with for mine, and make the other one for dh. I can taste it that way but not go over my calories for the day.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:01 AM
FitDay Member

I love anything frozen, so I've been making my own popsicles with all kinds of things. The best ones were with frozen sugar-free chocolate pudding, but the frozen chocolate royale Atkins shake wasn't none too shabby. I also love a good smoothie, and well if you have a little leftover that makes a dynamite popsicle too. And if you're craving apple pie, Dannon makes a fantastic apple pie Lite & Fit yogurt.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:15 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
I love anything frozen, so I've been making my own popsicles with all kinds of things. The best ones were with frozen sugar-free chocolate pudding, but the frozen chocolate royale Atkins shake wasn't none too shabby. I also love a good smoothie, and well if you have a little leftover that makes a dynamite popsicle too. And if you're craving apple pie, Dannon makes a fantastic apple pie Lite & Fit yogurt.
The frozen Greek yogurt treats are awesome and they take longer to eat that way, too. I mixed a cup of frozen cherries with a cup of Greek yogurt in a magic bullet then portioned them out into 1/4 cup servings. I have some frozen fatfree/sugar free pudding in the freezer & can't wait to try it. Now I'll have to buy some of those plastic popsicle makers and keep experimenting with various frozen goodies. Who knew? thanks
Old 04-03-2010, 08:10 AM
FitDay Member

I know it might sound boring sounding, but just..... fruit is great. A nice fruit salad is ideal, natural, low calorie and the variety is almost endless.