Notices

Calories in tall nonfat latte

Old 03-28-2010, 12:06 PM
FitDay Member

Default Calories in tall nonfat latte

I just had one from Starbucks. I know what you're thinking: Why doesn't she look it up on the Starbucks website? I tried that, but if I change from their default milk type and size, it won't display anything at all under the main heading. So, I can get the calories for a grande 2%, but not tall nonfat.

I know it won't be too much, since the only calorie-containing ingredient is the nonfat milk. It would be nice if anyone knows the actual amount, though. Thanks.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:19 PM
FitDay Member

I don't know the specifics of Starbucks, but I make coffee every morning and I add 1/2 cup of skim milk to every cup (it's a rather big cup, on the order of a Tall at SB). For that it works out to 49 calories, .2 grams of fat, 6.4 carbs and 4.9 protein. I actually switched from ff creamer in my coffee to skim milk for the extra protein and the vitamin D.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:02 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks. That's kind of what I thought, but I had a vague memory of thinking it was something like 180 calories. That didn't make sense, though, because it can't be more that if it was just plain nonfat milk. I didn't know the ratio of milk to coffee in a latte, but it can't be more than 100% milk!

That 180 calories I was remembering must have been for something else. Maybe my "other" Starbucks goto drink, which is a nonfat chai tea latte. That's got sugar and who knows what else.

Old 03-29-2010, 03:38 AM
FitDay Member

The bottled ready to go stuff from SB is about 180 calories a serving, keep in mind that a single bottle is 2 servings. I do not need 360 calories to wake up in the morning.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:43 AM
FitDay Member

Elderwanda-you'd think they'd want to advertise how few calories were in their 'skinny' versions. That's so weird that it's not on their website since they're so popular at Starbucks.

I'm with you Almeeker-It's a huge hit in the morning (1/4 of my daily calories) and I've been a dyed in the wool Starbucks addict for years & years. Buying bags of their beans and making your own to control the calories & fat grams is better IMO-it just takes more time but it will also save you tons of money. I asked them why coffee beans purchased at the Starbucks stores vs grocery store bags of Starbucks tastes so different even with the same names (Breakfast Blend, etc) & was told that corporate does a different roast with different beans for the bagged beans sold at their stores.I guess to keep us coming into the stores?
BTW, lowfat milk foams up just as nicely at home with a small expresso machine. I used to be hooked on half & half but slowly weaned myself off of it by using whole milk, then 2% and now am using 1% & will go fatfree next. I'm not sure if fat free foams with home units or not, but would imagine that it would. The calories & fat grams add up fast.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:06 AM
FitDay Member

According to Milk Calorie Counter (CalorieLab)
0% Fat milk has 90 calories in a 240ml serving.

So if:

Tall is a 12oz drink.
1ml = 0.0338oz
12oz = 354ml
Starbucks Tall = 1.47 servings
Starbucks Tall 0% Fat = 132calories (plus 3-5 calories for the coffee)

Another site Calories in Stonyfield Farm - Fat Free Milk
states that Fat Free Milk contains 80 calories for a 240ml serving.

This would make your Latte 118 calories (plus 3-5 for the coffee).