What's for Breakfast?? >

What's for Breakfast??

Community
Notices

What's for Breakfast??

Old 03-29-2012, 06:00 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by HardcaorKittyGirl
Personally I have very little time in the morning so I'll often make breakfast the day before then just heat it up. One of my favorites is apple crunch. Place chopped and peeled apples on a baking sheet, sprinkle them with cinnamon and bake until soft and golden. Then you can serve them on granola, bread or rice, or if you're looking to reduce your carbohydrate intake and amp up your protein intake try serving it on Quinoa. it's a sweet low calorie alternative.
Btw, I'm loving all these recipes!
I do this with also and serve the apples over cottage cheese. Yum! Taste like apple pie.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:30 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Terri, have you ever tried Kashi Go Lean? I think it's equal or better in terms of fiber and also has a pretty big protein kick. Another reason it appeals to me personally is that it doesn't have the artificial sweeteners in it like Fiber One does.

I just pulled this out of the pantry this morning, used to eat it all the time, then got away from it, now I'm back on it again.
Cassie: Nope, haven't tried it! I'll be on the lookout next time I go to the grocery store. As long as it doesn't taste like I'm trying to eat raw oats or something, I'll probably dig it.

All you ladies have gotten me to buy cottage cheese. I'll try it and see how it does with my stomach. I think I bought FF rather than LF though, so hopefully it tastes okay!

My breakfast this morning is going to be 2 over-easy eggs on a 100-cal sandwich thing with some cottage cheese served over sliced apple. Woohoo!
Old 04-18-2012, 05:47 PM
FitDay Member

in your Breakfast you can take some low fat yogurt
Old 04-19-2012, 05:37 PM
FitDay Member

my daily breakfast is very light food
in my daily life i take one juice and some light foods,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 04-22-2012, 02:42 AM
FitDay Member

Breakfast has been a hard one for me because I always skipped it! Time is a big issue for me in the morning so what i have been doing is making it ahead. 1 serving of old fashioned oats is big and i never finish it so what I do is make 1 serving add some blueberries, brown sugar, cinnamon, and 1/2 tbsp of pure maple syrup..then I divide it between two containers and I have breakfast for two mornings to just heat in the microwave. if I have time I will add a few egg whites or a turkey sausage patty.
Another one that has been good is the Eggies I got for Christmas. In stead of doing one whole egg per container I put 2 egg whites and have those on hand for a snack or to add on the side.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:18 AM
FitDay Member

My preferred breakfast is 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt, 1 cup of unsweetened frozen strawberries (or raspberries, I thaw a bag at a time of each and keep them in the fridge) sweetened with stevia or a little honey, and a tablespoon of chia seeds.

Or I'll have a hardboiled egg (I cook a bunch up on the weekend and keep them in the fridge for the week) and a piece/bowl of fruit.

Also, about once a month, I make a batch of apple cinnamon steel cut oats in the crock pot overnight, and then portion it into 8 containers and freeze. One portion takes about 3-4 minutes to heat in the microwave, and is great for a morning when I am running behind.

Ingredients:

2 cup steel cut oats
8 cups liquids (I use water, sometimes I'll use two cups of soy milk for two cups of the water)
4 tsp cinnamon
2 apples, chopped
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
stevia to taste (or sometimes half honey. Yes, I know honey is like sugar, but it has a lot of health benefits and I am willing to allow for the calories sometimes)

Just put it all in the crockpot, stir it up, and let it cook on low overnight or for eight hours. I learned the hard way to use a crockpot liner, so it is easier to clean. But it is really yummy, and very convenient.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:18 AM
FitDay Member

I've always skipped breakfast but since I started my weight loss I've been having a protein shake every morning, it's surprisingly filling and takes away the unbearable lunchtime food cravings so I don't over do it.
Renee
height: 5' 3"
highest weight: 215 lbs
current weight: 184 lbs
lbs lost: 31 lbs
goal weight: 145 lbs
Old 05-01-2012, 05:53 AM
FitDay Member

I leave for work early @ 530AM so I always have a piece of fruit or a fruit cup at 515 with my vitamins/fiber/fish oil & then around 8 I eat cereal/1% milk/berries. I change up the cereal, but mainly stick with cheerios, fiber one or Special K.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:13 PM
FitDay Member

Hi,
My breakfast usually consists of of my home made muesli. I get a big bag of oats and add to it some raisins, sliced almonds, goji berries, chopped dried apricots, or whatever dried fruits I have available. I weigh out approximately 50 grams served it with a cup of soya milk and topped with some fresh berries and freshly ground flax and sunflower seeds. Keeps me going until my next meal at lunch time.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:14 PM
FitDay Member

Default Breakfast menu

Maybe you could come up with a weeks menu for breakfast so you look forward to it. Lets say:
Monday - cereals with a favorite siding (only for taste), juice and a fruit.
Tuesday - Oatmeal (good for the heart), fruit and juice (if you like to have sidings like sausage its ok as long as it is in moderate amount)
and so on and so forth ......for the rest of the week......etc.

Hope i could help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.