Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FOOD > Food talk
I just had to know, and now sorry I looked lol >

I just had to know, and now sorry I looked lol

Notices

I just had to know, and now sorry I looked lol

Old 01-20-2012, 09:57 AM
FitDay Member

Default I just had to know, and now sorry I looked lol

I was craving McDonald's all week and wanted a small treat to kill the craving and get past it. So I went as simple as I could. 1 plain hamburger and 1 small fry. I knew it would be bad and would suffer the consequences later. We all slip and get back on that horse again. But my LORD, I cannot believe just how bad this was. For 1 lousy small burger and 1 small fry. Look, everyone know that food is horrible for us. That's a no-brainer. But do we know HOW bad it is? And to think I used to eat there once or twice a week when I just didn't care. Well, I care now!!! LOL

470 cal
20 fat
57 carb
15 protein

I need to go hit the gym in a half an hour just to wash the shame off of my body. lol
Old 01-20-2012, 11:36 AM
FitDay Member

Wow, 20 grams of fat. That's about half of what I've been getting on an average day recently. Don't sweat it. Sometimes we just gotta do a dance with the devil to remind us how it used to be, and how happy we are now that we've been awakened.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:53 AM
FitDay Member

I had the same realization some time back. I began working A LOT and had no time to eat so I resulted to McDonald's. I ate it every night after work (usually past 1am) and it became addicting. I continued to eat the stuff even though I wasn't hungry.

After a while, I forced myself to stop....but I was addicted. So one night I bought $15 worth of the dollar menu, fries, and desserts. I forced myself to eat it all.....

I got sick

Every since that night, I have not craved for McDonald's. The food is beyond processed, greasy, slimy, etc. I figured since Burger King caused me to get sick one too many times, I would make sure McDonald's would do the same.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:27 PM
FitDay Member

I know what you mean! I've never been huge on fast food, but since I'm on the road a lot for work, I occasionally indulge. Especially for breakfast. One day I decided to look up the info for a sausage McMuffin with no egg (so just meat, cheese and bread).

Here are the highlights:

370 calories
22 grams fat
850 mg sodium (!!!)

Yipes! That's *just* the sandwich with nothing else. I can remember that fateful day -- it was May of 2009 and I haven't had one since. As crazy as the McMuffin is, I occasionally still eat fast food. A small pineapple shake from Dairy Queen has been known to make its way into my Honda's cup holder from time to time, especially after a really long work week -- I just make sure to log it and move on.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:28 AM
FitDay Member

learned my lesson sunday... after golf.. was starving..

had a big mac meal with 2 burgers.. lol

calories 1260

fyi, starting weight 232lbs. (nov 28) current weight 218lbs.

talk about a big cheat D:
Old 01-30-2012, 04:21 AM
FitDay Member

I too have a weakness for the golden arches, when I first hit the highway to healthy, I craved it daily, every hour on the hour. Then after about 3-4 months I went in with the kids and had a salad, while everyone else ate what I was craving. When they walked away from their fries I ate them ALL, and licked the boxes clean. That was a bad day, but I'm over it. These days I actually get to jonesing for their salad, love the bacon ranch salad with grilled chicken, but I swap out the ranch dressing for the balsamic vinegarette. LOVE IT. I still eat the occasional fry out of the kids boxes, but we don't eat there very often anymore. I still have the "McD's is not good for you" conversation nearly every day with our youngest dd, she would live there and eat straight out of their deep fryer if I let her.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:42 PM
Banned

Smile

Wow, 20 gr of body fat. That's most of of just what I am acquiring when using average morning just lately. Never sweat that. Occasionally most of us simply just gotta start a dancing while using devil in order to tell you precisely how that was once, as well as precisely how satisfied we have been now that we have been awakened.