Notices

Foods you've liked, foods you've hated...

Old 01-16-2012, 06:56 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
I get a thin bun at work. It is made by European Bakeries. It is a multigrain and has 90 cals. Everyone in my family absolutely loves them. I don't know that you can buy them other than in my situation where they are sold to restaurants. And you can toast them and they are even yummier! One of my fave snacks at night is a tomato & lettuce sandwich on a toasted thin bun.
They make a good base for quick mini-pizzas, too.

I love baked potatoes and sweet potatoes in the oven. I eat the skin of white potatoes but not sweet, and I just like the way it's crispier in the oven than the microwave.

As for not-likes, I thought those "fake" noodles (the Japanese no-calorie noodles) were horrible. I agree with the above poster that sometimes it's just better to eat smaller portions/healthier substitutes for things you like, rather than stuff loaded with artificial ingredients that pretend to taste like the real thing.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:00 AM
FitDay Member

I also get migranes & have to stay away from all artifical sweetners.Not hard,cause plain sugar is very low cal & just a little works for me.I eat /drink nothing with artifical sweetners...no SF food/drinks of any kind. Recently,peppermint has been linked to migranes,but I seldom have any peppermint.

Originally Posted by adyndravo1

I love chocolate but it no longer likes me. Ii have a had a few migrians now and then since I was in my 20's. When I went through menopas(sp) I started having more. I started having to get fmla for those days I woke up with a headach.
I started paying attention to what I ate then had a headache start. THe biggest trigger next to stress is chocolate. Does any one else get headaches if the eat chocolate or other foods. I also find I have to keep hydrated or I can get one and if I don't get enough sleep.
I love fresh veggies. I went and dug some carrots out in the green house today. I like some veggies better raw then cooked.
I don't like squash much unless I can hide in something,except zucchine -breaded and fried.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:30 AM
FitDay Member

"Diet" foods I love: Raw fruits and veggies. Once you cook them, forget it. I just can't get enough and they make me feel good too! Watermelon, cherries, tangerines, romaine lettuce, rucola (love, love, love it!), spinach baby carrots, cucumbers, gala apples, snow peas, celery (it's really good if you cut it up and chill it for a day in the fridge in a big bowl of ice water). I could gnosh on these things all day. I rarely ate them before I decided to change my eating habits but now I'm hooked. I've actually been thinking about eating nothing but raw fruits and veggies for two weeks to see if it helps accelerate my weight loss.

"Diet" foods I loathe: Broccoli (hot or cold, yuck!) Fat-free cheese (tastes like plastic, why waste the calories?), any Lean Cuisine dinner (are they trying to overdose me with salt? Not to mention I could eat way more to come up with 300 calories than these tiny portions. Give me a fresh salad topped with tuna any day over one of these!) Stevia (I know, I know it's good for me, and I really am trying to make it through the huge bag I bought, but it just is the wrong kind of sweet)

Foods I miss Oh Cheesecake how I miss thee!!! We had a good run, but I just can see you any more.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:33 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by daniliebe
[B]any Lean Cuisine dinner (are they trying to overdose me with salt? Not to mention I could eat way more to come up with 300 calories than these tiny portions.
Amen, sister! I totally agree! There is a lot to be said for real food.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:21 AM
FitDay Member

A recent addition at our house is Swai fish. We had it the other night for the first time and found it to be delicious. I sprinkled it with lemon pepper and broiled it in the oven (my favorite for salmon also). It is mild, moist and an almost buttery flavor. It is also one of the least expensive fish options.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:44 AM
FitDay Member

I had my first Greek Yogurt yesterday and I have to say....I liked it! I am buying more today. Yesterday's was Chobani strawberry 0%. What I am getting today will be Dannon strawberry (on the bottom) 0% fat.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:49 PM
FitDay Member

OMG I tried my first one today. Took a bit out of my calorie total but quite worth it. Has anyone frozen it and tried it that way?

I do have to say I'm enjoying my sardines on whole wheat toast. Some of you will gag but as I was born in England it is a typical fish to have. Great protein and carb combo.

I hated Kale chips. Rather eat raw kale. Hate tofu.

Last edited by crazigerl; 01-17-2012 at 03:54 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:01 AM
FitDay Premium Member

After several tries I have decided that I don't particularly care for quinoa. I don't hate it, and it is OK mixed in with other stuff as a protein boost, but as a side dish (ala rice, couscous, etc) it just doesn't work for me.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:04 PM
FitDay Member

Newbie Here ~ Here's a response based on my short, short journey with you lovely people.

Foods I Like:
1. Cooked Cabbage! I forgot about this until my mother fixed some for me. This surprised me of how much I like this - you can flavor it with a wide variety of flavors.

2. Lettuce Salad - cut up. I found out that for some odd reason I do so much better with tiny & cut up veggies when it comes to salads. I love to put it into sandwiches to make it nice, yummy & crunchy. Also, you can make salads beautiful with different shades of greens, reds, purples. I do NOT consider myself a veggie lover, but am finding ways to meet my veggie challenge.

3. Greek Yogurt - Love this. I do love yogurt anyhow. Dairies are easy for me.

4. Rediscovered Sweet Potato -- and liking it just heated up in microwave & even without topping.

Foods I hate/dislike: Fish -- I'm not a fish person. But I aim to learn to like fish. My family says they like the way I fix the fish with lemon juice sprinkled and a particular mixture of "fish herbs". Maybe by next year I can learn to like certain fish.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:31 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by fit4luv
Foods I hate/dislike: Fish -- I'm not a fish person. But I aim to learn to like fish. My family says they like the way I fix the fish with lemon juice sprinkled and a particular mixture of "fish herbs". Maybe by next year I can learn to like certain fish.
If you aren't a "fishy fish" type of person then try something mild. Tilapia, flounder and even catfish are very mild. They take to different types of cooking techniques and can be seasoned just about any way you want. I personally LOVE all kinds of seafood, so adding more fish to my diet was a no brainer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.