FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Food talk (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/food-talk/)
-   -   Finding national brands (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/food-talk/5554-finding-national-brands.html)

SwampCatNana 10-27-2011 05:17 AM

Finding national brands

I am trying to log my eating but it is so hard when I cannot find the brands I use. Most of them are national brands but they are not here.
I'm tired of having to customize every ingredient I use.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! :confused:
Soon, please?
Lee

Rubystars 10-28-2011 11:53 PM

Once you enter a food into custom foods it stays there, you don't have to re-enter it. It can be pretty tedious but if you eat a lot of the same foods from week to week not terrible.

VitoVino 10-29-2011 04:15 AM

Nobody ever said this process was going to be easy. But it is effective. And it does get easier as Rubystars pointed out.

Rubystars 10-29-2011 02:11 PM

Another thing to consider is that brands change their formulas a bit from time to time. I looked up a national brand one time in fit day and found it, but when I looked at the label it was different. Can you imagine the headache of keeping all that updated for Fitday? It's more accurate if you can enter it yourself, that way if the formula changes you just edit the food really quick.

VitoVino 11-11-2011 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by Rubystars (Post 60977)
Another thing to consider is that brands change their formulas a bit from time to time. I looked up a national brand one time in fit day and found it, but when I looked at the label it was different. Can you imagine the headache of keeping all that updated for Fitday? It's more accurate if you can enter it yourself, that way if the formula changes you just edit the food really quick.

Exactamundo! And a great answer too. :)

swvelt1 11-17-2011 05:25 AM

The old Fitday allowed a list of previously entered food, the newer version makes you go back and search by day. I like the old alphabetical list better, it is easier to use if you don't have to remember the exact day that you ate a particular food.

Rubystars 11-17-2011 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by swvelt1 (Post 62729)
The old Fitday allowed a list of previously entered food, the newer version makes you go back and search by day. I like the old alphabetical list better, it is easier to use if you don't have to remember the exact day that you ate a particular food.

I went back to the classic view because the new version only shows 50 per page on the custom foods list and I can't just hit ctrl+f to find it.

calicafe 06-16-2014 09:39 PM

After you enter in some sort of foods in to custom made food items it continues presently there, you don't need to re-enter it. It could be quite boring but if you take many of the similar food items via 7 days for you to 7 days not necessarily horrible.