Notices

mangos

Old 05-02-2011, 05:11 AM
FitDay Member

Default mangos

are amazing! They taste great and the health benefits are incredible. Everyone should buy a few mangos the next time they go to the grocery store!

I'm not a mango salesman or anything lol, just wanted to try a new fruit so I bought a few. I looked them up when I got home and found all kinds of great information about them and how healthy they are for you. more importantly they taste amazing! Cut up into chunks and put a bit of the light fat free cool whip stuff on them and its a great dessert!
Old 05-02-2011, 06:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by optiquest
are amazing! They taste great and the health benefits are incredible. Everyone should buy a few mangos the next time they go to the grocery store!

I'm not a mango salesman or anything lol, just wanted to try a new fruit so I bought a few. I looked them up when I got home and found all kinds of great information about them and how healthy they are for you. more importantly they taste amazing! Cut up into chunks and put a bit of the light fat free cool whip stuff on them and its a great dessert!
YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT ABOUT MANGOES !! There are different kinds, and they are in season now, try a few (also not a mango salesman, are there jobs available?)

Don't stop at the sweets with them, they have great savory applications too....
You can chop one up, add chopped red onions, a few peppers, and toss that on a boneless chicken breast after you bake it, it makes a lovely salsa.

Or, slice one, and put the slices on fish with onions and herbs before you bake it, yum!!

enjoy!

Abby
Old 05-02-2011, 06:48 AM
FitDay Member

My very hard to feed middle child LOVES them, in a smoothie with a milk and some frozen strawberries, and when she's not looking I toss in 1/2 scoop of protein powder. Yummmmm....
Old 05-22-2011, 02:19 AM
FitDay Member

+1 LOVE them!!!

Originally Posted by dear_abby

Don't stop at the sweets with them, they have great savory applications too....
You can chop one up, add chopped red onions, a few peppers, and toss that on a boneless chicken breast after you bake it, it makes a lovely salsa.

Or, slice one, and put the slices on fish with onions and herbs before you bake it, yum!!

enjoy!

Abby
I agree! I made this the other night! Yummy!!!

Fiesta Chicken Tacos with Mango and Jicama Salad Recipe | MyRecipes.com
Old 05-22-2011, 12:55 PM
FitDay Member

Yah, they are great!

Check out "green mango salad" for another taste and texture too

A wonderful strong sour condiment called "achar" is made with fermented green mango. Great with rice & beans, as well as morning eggs.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:02 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Mangos are the 1 food that I think the rules regarding eating only locally grown foods MUST be suspended for.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:42 AM
Super Moderator

I also feel the mango love - I like to use them in savory applications even more than in sweets or desserts. They're great with chicken!

In FL here we recently had a sale for 99c per mango - I was a HAPPY girl!
Old 06-30-2011, 05:55 PM
FitDay Member

This thread is a month old but I'm new and LOVE mango so I had to reply! I like taking sliced up mango and adding it sugar-free vanilla pudding and then sprinkling some unsweetened coconut and sliced almonds on top. Mmmmm, SOOOOOO good!!!
Old 07-01-2011, 02:09 AM
FitDay Member

Mango Salsa!!!!

Diced mango, tomatoe, onion, green pepper and a couple drops of basalmic vinegar. It is a great way to enhance grilled chicken. Or you can just eat it as a side dish!
Old 07-01-2011, 03:04 AM
FitDay Member

There were two different kinds on sale this week - I tried the "honey mango" instead of Tommy Atkins - it was a little smaller, and more flavor - I ate a little of the skin (because I had missed it when peeling it), and that peppery flavor I love was strongest there.

My usual breakfast is some fruit and plain fat free yogurt - the mango is great in that!

Abby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.