Notices

Foods that gives you energy???

Old 05-13-2011, 04:55 AM
FitDay Member

Unhappy Foods that gives you energy???

Please help!! Just feel so down
Old 05-13-2011, 05:37 AM
FitDay Member

Almonds always work wonders for me, but be careful about eating the whole can!

Also, a nice piece of fresh fruit

Good luck!

Abby
Old 05-13-2011, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator

Lightbulb

This is going to sound extremely boring, but: just drink a lot more water than you have been. Try that for a couple of days. Then see if, all other things being equal, you don't feel more energetic.

You'll most likely lose some weight along the way. Like I said, it's a very boring solution (surprisingly hard to do it, too, if you're not used to drinking water a lot) without the bells and whistles of diets. Think of going to the hospital and being replenished with an IV. Think of dogs, so full of energy, constantly lapping up water (and constantly having to be taken for walks or go outside so they can pee...). It helps energy levels a lot because you can be mildly dehydrated and not really know that you are.

Last edited by Kathy13118; 05-27-2011 at 10:00 AM.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:12 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Sleep??

Originally Posted by daniel02090419

Hi Daniel,
How's your sleep quality and stress level? No magic foods will give you real energy if you are just fundamentally run down. If you have been running on a reduced calorie load for a while, you may just need a few more zzzzz.

One test is to drink a big cup of coffee when you are feeled wiped out. If it just make you jittery, you probably need some rest.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:19 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by daniel02090419
Daniel,
Just wondering what are your workout habits? Also if you make your food journal public i can see if there is a problem in what you are eating! Im not a doctor but i know plenty
Old 05-26-2011, 05:37 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Jassrock
According to my point of view fruits are best diet food which give us more energy and prevent us from many diseases.I like to eat fruit regularly.Fruits are also good for weight control.Fruit juice is also good for energy.
If you are trying to lose weight (like me and most of us) fruit juice is not your friend. Since it is basically fruit with all the fiber removed all that remains are the sugars. Eating an orange or apple is a much better alternative than drinking the juice. Eat your fruit and drink water.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:07 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by rpmcduff
If you are trying to lose weight (like me and most of us) fruit juice is not your friend. Since it is basically fruit with all the fiber removed all that remains are the sugars. Eating an orange or apple is a much better alternative than drinking the juice. Eat your fruit and drink water.
Yup, I concur. Eating whole fruits is great. Juices are a treat, not a regular part of my diet. They can spike your blood sugar as well as any sugary drink.