Notices

Food At Work

Old 04-02-2011, 02:17 PM
FitDay Member

Default Food At Work

I went to work today with my lunch in my purse. I took 500 calories of things on my diet to eat and snack on.

There was a special sale going on and lots of people there from the company of the product. Lunch was brought in for everyone. Chicken Salad, croissants, potato chips with dip and cans of pop. I stayed true to my lunch throughout and at the end of my time, two bakery boxes filled with pastries arrived. I left without touching any of it.

This is the way life has to be for me. Living in the real world of food is a challenge. I'm determined to win. I hope you are too.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:33 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Awesome!

WELL DONE.
That's how you'll get'er done! You are an inspiration for the rest of us.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:52 PM
FitDay Member

That's pretty awesome. Weird how abstinence makes you the odd man out, though! I brought back some Oreo McFlurries for a few co-workers the other day, as a "thank you", and everyone was asking, "Where's your's, did you eat your's in the car?".

No… I can't have one. :|
Old 04-03-2011, 10:55 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Baby,
Next time say "no, I don't want one" (even if you really do) it'll make 'em green with envy .
Old 04-03-2011, 12:43 PM
FitDay Member

We all need to remember those small successes when we are having a hard/stressful day.

My son just offered me a piece of pizza. Just the smallest of slivers. Would have been easy to justify eating it, as small as it was. But I declined.

WINNING! LOL!
Old 04-03-2011, 04:07 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Baby,
Next time say "no, I don't want one" (even if you really do) it'll make 'em green with envy .
Hahaha, that's a good one!!

Stumpner, you must have TigerBlood! LOL

Last edited by BabyBiscotti; 04-03-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:58 PM
FitDay Member

Work is a huge issue for me, especially weeks like this one where I will be staying in a hotel all week, they have a complimentary breakfast so lots of fresh fruit and good choices, just have to avoid the bad choices. I have a fridge and microwave in the room and I am preparing a lot of things ahead of time. Its hard though when some of my co-workers are going out for meals and I stay in the hotel and eat healthy, temptations will be all around me, I just have to stay as strong as you did, Good job on that.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:56 PM
FitDay Member

Default It will be worth it

The social pressure of eating is ridiculous isn't it? People need company to indulge and want me to join them. Just a little won't hurt. You'll hurt someone's feelings if you don't try a little. But I'm on vacation and the restaurants are fabulous.....It's all over the place.

I can feel sorry for me, but I can't help thinking it isn't a skinny person who thought up the grand slam breakfast. When did we ever need that much food on a plate?
Old 04-04-2011, 10:29 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by shibaluvr
I went to work today with my lunch in my purse. I took 500 calories of things on my diet to eat and snack on.

There was a special sale going on and lots of people there from the company of the product. Lunch was brought in for everyone. Chicken Salad, croissants, potato chips with dip and cans of pop. I stayed true to my lunch throughout and at the end of my time, two bakery boxes filled with pastries arrived. I left without touching any of it.

This is the way life has to be for me. Living in the real world of food is a challenge. I'm determined to win. I hope you are too.
Good job staying true to your plan. I know at my work, they stopped asking if I want unhealthy food. They say I know Patti don't want any so it helps. At first, it was difficult but it got easier with time. I did say "I don't want that and never said I can't have that". Saying you can't have something is setting yourself up for deprivation. I made a lifestyle change and through choices I have been able to lose weight. Congrats.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:38 AM
FitDay Member

Wow that's great!!! I know I have a hard time with food at work because I work as a food manager in a convience store. We have alot food we prepare and alot of bakery items.... I know someday as are definetly harder than others but I keep telling myself that I know what's best for me not my coworkers!!! Hang in there!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.