FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Food talk (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/food-talk/)
-   -   First Day Feeling Deprived (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/food-talk/3876-first-day-feeling-deprived.html)

erinmrystrom 03-31-2011 02:19 AM

First Day Feeling Deprived

I've been seriously watching calories and exercising for 3 weeks now and today is the first day I've actually felt deprived. I wanted something more than my standard oatmeal or yogurt for breakfast. I almost broke out some pop tarts, but saw they were 200 calories PER PASTRY. So I'm sticking with my oatmeal but allowing myself to have a 12 oz cappuccino from our cafeteria. Tomorrow is my weigh-in day, so maybe I'll indulge then....

RunbikeSki 03-31-2011 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by erinmrystrom (Post 41924)
I've been seriously watching calories and exercising for 3 weeks now and today is the first day I've actually felt deprived. I wanted something more than my standard oatmeal or yogurt for breakfast. I almost broke out some pop tarts, but saw they were 200 calories PER PASTRY. So I'm sticking with my oatmeal but allowing myself to have a 12 oz cappuccino from our cafeteria. Tomorrow is my weigh-in day, so maybe I'll indulge then....

If you are an egg person, try indulging in a couple of eggs for breakfast to break up the monotony. You may get a little more fat than your normal B'fast, but replacing the sweet taste with a savory taste in the morning may help you push through. You have a great record going! Keep it up!

Ratsmouth 03-31-2011 04:23 AM

When I start to feel this way, I switch breakfast to a high protein, comfort food sort of thing, which for me includes an egg, toast, fruit, and MEAT! Lean, center cut, thin sliced pork chops are incredibly yummy and make me feel very spoiled. Also, they stay with me much longer than cereal does. They cook up fast. I just fry them in no-calorie, no-fat spray, season them the way I want to, and either eat them separately, or pile them with the egg on top of the toast. The texture change is nice, too. Lots of crunch in the toast, some chew in the pork chop. Really good. And I guarantee it (or a similar breakfast) will satisfy you much more than the guilt-ridden pastry or poptart. Better nutrition, too. You can do this as often as you need to, without feeling like you're cheating. (You're NOT!)

shibaluvr 04-02-2011 02:04 PM

Hang in there

There are some great responses here, and I want to eat breakfast at the house that serves pork chops!

100 calorie english muffin with peanut butter topped with raisins.

Veggie omelet with onions, peppers, spinach mushrooms and tomatoes with cut up 50 calorie string cheese

Poached eggs on 2 sl whole wheat toast

Stevia sweetened non-fat ricotta cheese with sugar-free preserves.

Sweet potato hash- Microwaved sweet potato cut up, sauteed with onions, peppers, turkey sausage.

Just some thoughts. Good luck!

almeeker 04-03-2011 11:55 AM

Jimmy Dean makes a breakfast bowl that has potatoes, turkey sausage, eggs, and a little cheese for like 300-350 calories. Very yummy, feels like cheating but it's not!

Pork chops for breakfast does sound good. Mmmm, I think there is a center cut pork loin in the freezer....

stumpner 04-03-2011 12:29 PM

Sweet potato hash- Microwaved sweet potato cut up, sauteed with onions, peppers, turkey sausage.

I am soooo gonna try that! Sounds fantastic. Plus sweet potato's have allot of the vitamins and minerals that I tend to lack.

Meggietye 04-04-2011 06:30 AM

Potato chips. I have 5 medium chips 3 or 4x a week when I am desperate for snap and crunch and salt...I am in heaven!