Notices

What are you eating...

Old 01-26-2011, 07:19 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by williamscouple
OMG Cadbury eggs are out!!! And I have avoided any place that has them. Most people either love them or hate them. Unfortunately, I fall under the love category. But must be strong!! Also dodged the girl scout cookies this year. yay!
I need to find a girl scout! I want a thin mint sooo bad!

I only eat the cream in the regular Cadbury egg since I don't like milk chocolate. If they made it in a dark chocolate I would be in big time trouble!

ETA: Uggg, the closest thing I have to junk food is sugar free mint gum...trying really hard to pretend it's chocolate...

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 01-26-2011 at 07:23 AM.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:31 AM
FitDay Member

My new "go to" lunch-

Italian flatout wrap (90 cals.) with a slice of deli turkey, lettuce, tomato, banana peppers sliced into spirals and a very small side of FF Ranch to dip it in. YUM!

quinn
Old 01-26-2011, 10:47 AM
FitDay Member

OMG the most amazing fish fajitas ever, joint effort between DH and me. Though he pulled out his back, he marinated the grilled sea bass (AMAZING marinade with tamarind sauce I believe) and I seasoned the sauteed veg (red peppers and onions with cumin and oregano and parsley caramelized to perfection.) We put the fish and veg in wraps (mine was whole wheat low carb) with guacamole and jalapeno peppers. Restaurant quality. No need for cheese or even salsa or pico de gallo; it was that tasty. So I managed to stay away from my two allergies: dairy and tomatoes. Amazing food. Really. I am still smacking my lips. it was like great sex in a fajita shell. Yum.

Last edited by canary52; 01-26-2011 at 10:51 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:58 AM
FitDay Member

sweet potatoe soup with courgette and shrimp
Old 01-27-2011, 03:09 AM
FitDay Member

I hate to admit this (so don't tell anyone ) but I had homemade split pea soup for breakfast. It sounds strange, but it's one of my secrets for getting in all of my fruit and vegetable requirements each day.

quinn
Old 01-27-2011, 03:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by MunaAmin
sweet potatoe soup with courgette and shrimp
Yum that sounds GREAT!

Mine today so far is Cascadian Farm Organic Multi Grain Squares and soy milk for breakfast. I know does not sound like a taste sensation but it was actually pretty good.

It is no sweet potato soup though! Recipe?
Old 01-27-2011, 04:16 AM
FitDay Member

For lunch I ate;

2 cups of cooked cabbage with 1 cut up chicken sausage in it

yummmm..
Old 01-27-2011, 05:42 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC
I need to find a girl scout! I want a thin mint sooo bad!
Oh, yes, my wife and I were both GS leaders (they needed a camping certified leader, so I went to leader camp--it was literally myself and 300 women. At least I got my own tent and there was one deep voice singing Kumbaya at the camp fire)

Anyway, my wife has recently informed me that she has "ordered one box of each" GS cookies .

Of course, I'll eat none, whatsoever (instead of my prior full box of thin mints and quart of milk at once sitting).

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-27-2011, 06:11 AM
FitDay Member

Just got done eating a big red apple for my meal between B-fast & lunch.

Breakfast was my usual 2 scrambled eggs, 1/4 cup egg whites, 1 mushroom (diced) 3 strips of red bell pepper & habanero hot sauce.

The veggies are Sauteed in olive oil and then I add the eggs and everything is wrapped up in a small corn tortilla with a dash of low fat sour cream. I usually will have 4 of these small breakfast burritos for my early am food.
I'll also have 2 fish oil gel tabs and about 4 cups of coffee. This brings my calorie count to 759 for my morning meal.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Anyway, my wife has recently informed me that she has "ordered one box of each" GS cookies .

Of course, I'll eat none, whatsoever (instead of my prior full box of thin mints and quart of milk at once sitting).
Can you not eat one or two? Or is that a silly question? Not ever having been a GS cookie affectionado (I can take em or leave em and I dislike Thin Mints) perhaps it would not be an issue for me. But chocolate candy or barbeque potato chips on the other hand....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.