Pizza with Chicken Base >

Pizza with Chicken Base

Community
Notices

Pizza with Chicken Base

Old 01-19-2011, 11:19 PM
FitDay Member

Default Pizza with Chicken Base

In celebration of one week gone and some weight shed, thought I'd share a simple food idea which I really rate.

It is, I believe, originally aimed at Atkiners, but can be adapted to most people's purposes. I had a hunt for the 'original' recipe but with no success. No matter though, as it's very simple and the portions/toppings are completely adaptable to your needs and likes. This is how I make mine.

Ingredients:
Chicken breast x 1
Pepper x a few slices, deseeded
Chilli x 1
Mushrooms x 1 cup
Handful of cherry tomatoes
Herbs

What do to:
Preheat your oven to approx 190c.
Either slice your chicken breast in half horizontally, or beat it out flat with a rolling pin.
Season with salt and pepper and a generous sprinkle of dried herbs (I like Herbes de Provences). Set aside until oven is ready.
Meanwhile, slice your mushrooms, strips of peppers and chillis, and sautee them all in a frying pan (I avoid using any oil as the mushrooms give out loads of water anyway). The toppings won't do much more cooking once in the oven, so fry them till just before you think they're done.
Once the oven is ready, put the chicken in on a baking tray for approx 15 minutes, turning once or twice.
Once the chicken is cooked (check with a knife if you're not sure!), whip it out and put on the fried veg and the (uncooked tomatoes). You can at this stage add some mozarella if you wish.
Cook for another 5/10 mins then serve (with some salad if you wish)
I usually eat mine with some peri-peri sauce.
Delish!

For those who want it tasting even more like a pizza, you can put some tomato paste (diluted with water and mixed with herbs) on the chicken and put cheese on top of it all - I prefer to leave these out. The best part is the chicken breast keeps the size of the meal to a sensible portion and you can add whatever veg you like.

Any suggestions for an improved healthy pizza are welcome!