Recipe clearing >

Recipe clearing

Community
Notices

Recipe clearing

Old 03-19-2019, 01:01 PM
FitDay Member

Question Recipe clearing

I create a “new food” from a recipe with lots of foods. I jot down all the nutritional data, and create my new food. Is there any way to now clear all the items from the page with a single touch of a button? It’s really a drag to have to erase each food one at a time...
Old 03-20-2019, 12:13 AM
Super Moderator

By erasing all the foods do you mean you 'delete' them one at a time? I don't know of a way to do delete multiple foods with one action.
Old 03-20-2019, 02:22 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks, Kathy. Is there a better way to do this than what I outlined before? I.e., enter all the pieces, copy the totals and then re-enter them as you build a “new food”... And, finally go back and delete each entry to clear the page? I usually skip ahead a day so I have a clean food page to enter my recipe, and have to clear that so there’s a clean page when the new day arrives...
Old 03-21-2019, 04:44 AM
Super Moderator

That seems like a lot of work and it is. I have gone to google and searched 'nutrition recipe builder' to get information for a recipe. There are several (maybe 'many') sites that do this kind of thing - you don't always have to join up or register. I just made up a recipe for spark people and it allowed me to calculate the nutrition pretty easily. But the drawback is the same for all the sites that do this kind of thing: the easiest recipes have the easiest ingredients. For example, I entered 'seitan' and got a list of brands of seitan. I have to hope they have my brand. I entered cauliflower florets and got a similar situation - brands that were listed. I also noticed that the entries are created by spark people members, which is fine but you have to trust them. OK. My last ingredient was 'Veganaise' which is a brand and an ingredient - it's a vegan mayonnaise. I got a good list of the nutrition for my mayonnaise-y seitan (ugh!) for 1 serving. That is probably good enough for me. I don't know that the nutrition matches what fitday would give you, given all the information you want using the method you use now.

Every time I try one of these nutrition builders, I run into problems with the ingredients. Just because - that's the way they work. They have to match what I want with the information that they have. If you go through some of these sites, you might find one that is quick and easy (spark people did give me the info quickly and easily) and fits your needs. Then you don't have to put the ingredients in, copy down as much information, and come up with your own totals to create your food. Good luck!
Old 03-22-2019, 10:32 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks again, Kathy. I’ll give your info a try. If it doesn’t work out, I’ll just be patient and plug along with the FitDay data base.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:42 PM
FitDay Member

I was struggling with this too. Thanks!
Old 05-01-2019, 08:48 AM
FitDay Member

I am struggling wight now!
Old 05-18-2019, 11:26 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kathy13118
By erasing all the foods do you mean you 'delete' them one at a time? I don't know of a way to do delete multiple foods with one action.
This is why I started over with a new account. I had hundreds of custom foods and since then the calorie counts and other things about the formulas have changed and it's too much trouble to go in and delete each one.