Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FOOD > Food talk
Getting a grip! >

Getting a grip!

Community
Notices

Getting a grip!

Old 12-05-2010, 04:59 AM
FitDay Member

Aww Cassie, too bad about the weather. The exact same thing happened to me when I ran my first 5K back in late August. It was windy, rainy, chilly and super humid. I felt a little emotional when I crossed the finish line too and I did much worse than my best time, over 2 minutes over in fact! Our last leg was all uphill! It was torturous. I hope you don't still feel bummed about your time. It's so much harder to run a race than it is to do a practice run by yourself. It's all mental too. There is pressure when you run a race and that makes it a real challenge to pace yourself correctly and not feel stressed.

Don't you feel amazing though, that you could do it at all? CONGRATULATIONS!!! You ran a race. That is so awesome. How nice that your hubby and son participated and that you enjoyed a delicious reward afterwards.

YAY CASSIE!

Last edited by mtlgirl; 12-05-2010 at 05:01 AM.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:26 AM
Super Moderator

Wow what a great picture! I love (what I call) those "once in a lifetime" experiences!

3 pounds is nothing to worry about. IMO, you can gain or lose that in normal weight fluctuation.

I have traveled quite a bit and TBH the food in some countries scares me. I once came home 8 pounds lighter and actually felt great instead of all bloated and gross. I realized I like coming back from trips and not havinbg to "recover" from eating too much. Now if I could just control the when vacationing!
Old 12-06-2010, 01:12 AM
FitDay Member

Just to let you know, I am up 3 lbs myself this week with no trip.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:20 AM
FitDay Member

Rose-Its so good to have you back! I know you must have had an amazing once in a life time experience. That little 3lbs will be gone before you know it.(If it is already)
Old 12-06-2010, 06:51 AM
Super Moderator

Default 3 pounds sounds about right

Seems to be a theme...I weighed in today (finally) and it was three pounds from the holiday. Probably about right for the degree of debauchery.

Please, oh please, let me find my willpower before I make my Christmas cookies
Old 12-06-2010, 02:53 PM
FitDay Member

Thank you Glenda! Thanks for the support!

What's with the 3-pound curse? Not you too, Canary! Not you too Cassie! Well now, selfishly I feel like I am in FABULOUS company. And Cassie, I am really wishing to find my will power before the barrage of Christmas parties that are about to begin!
Old 12-06-2010, 11:51 PM
FitDay Member

Personally I think my scale is lying to me or it was before. I stepped on this morning and it says I gained another pound. And I ate 1300 cals yesterday. ???!!!???

I'm ready to have you guys send over the Xmas cookies!!! If I'm gonna gain I might as well enjoy!!!

But it's true at least I'm in good company!!