Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FOOD > Food talk
Good Lunch ideas? >

Good Lunch ideas?

Community
Notices

Good Lunch ideas?

Old 12-02-2010, 02:10 AM
FitDay Member

You 're making me hungry and I just had breakfast.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:46 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you so much for the taco salad idea! We are having fajitas tonight and I am going to have the salad instead of the wrap!
Old 12-02-2010, 09:39 AM
FitDay Member

Yum, I'm jealous, we still have T-day leftovers, so tonight we're having what my mom calls friccassici. Basically you take the left over stuffing (which I made with low cal whole wheat bread), toss in some diced up turkey maybe some veg (corn, green beans, whatever else is floating around the fridge) and then cover the whole of it with gravy. I'm making pan milk gravy with a tiny bit of butter, a couple of tbls of flour, some chicken stock and a dribble of soy milk. It's not terrible in terms of calories that way and it's also not loaded with fat.

rpmcduff, you know that taco salad is only about 250 calories even fully loaded, so if you want a taco salad, just help yourself honey. Oh, and 1 1/2 cup serving of the chicken chili is about the same.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:56 PM
FitDay Member

Those Flat Out wraps look awesome. Where can you find them? What section in the supermarket?

BTW Here's an awesome salad:
Arugala
Strawberries, sliced
Goat Cheese
Slice almonds
Dried cranberries
Top with Brianna's Blush Salad Dressing

I brought this to a party and it disappeared almost instantly. People loved it!

Last edited by canary52; 12-04-2010 at 12:58 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:23 AM
FitDay Member

I made the taco salad and ended up having it two nights in a row. It was so good. Thanks for the suggestion! I couldnt believe how nice the salsa and greek yogurt came together to make a very creamy dressing!!!

I made a huge pot of turkey chili in the crockpot this weekend. I got the recipe from SparkRecipes. Very good and easy!
Old 12-06-2010, 02:30 AM
FitDay Member

Mmm, my bowl of oatmeal in front of me pales in comparison to the culinary prowess I see here!

Canary - you can find the Flatout wraps in the bread section, or sometimes they'll put them by the deli. I've seen them at Wal-Mart, Kroger's, and Food Lion, so they shouldn't be too tough to find. Hope they work for you; I love them.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:51 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks so much, changeisgood! They sound so good! I'm always looking for new things since I get bored with eating the same foods (change is good!) Fitday is a good source of ideas.

BTW, a new thing my husband does with oatmeal (new for us): he cuts up pears or seasonal fruits into it. Nectarines, peaches and pears are good in oatmeal, as are the more commonly used blueberries and strawberries.

Last edited by canary52; 12-06-2010 at 02:53 AM.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:59 PM
FitDay Member

Default Re:

Hey! These are all really good ideas. I always struggle with eating a healthy lunch (and everything after that)... Cuz Breakfast is easy for me to eat healthy on.. but lunch...... uh, not so much...

So, anyways, these are really helpful!
Old 01-12-2011, 04:03 PM
FitDay Member

Two of my "go to" lunches for awhile have been the following.

1. Bruschettzas
I take one whole wheat Deli Flat (Arnolds or Pepperidge Farm) and toast it. Then I spoon a fairly thick layer of fresh bruschetta (from the produce dept.) onto each half, top each with a slice of part skim mozzarella and stick them under the broiler for about 3 minutes. This really satisfies my pizza cravings.

2. Lasagna soup
I cook up a package of lean spicy turkey sausage and use one link per bowl of soup. Boil two onces of Dreamfield rotini pasta (it is low carb). Drain the pasta, and then add one cup of Progresso high fiber tomato basil soup, and one sliced sausage link. Simmer til thoroughly heated and season to taste. Add 1/8 cup non-fat ricotta cheese and 1/8 cup part skim mozzarella and stir it in for melty, cheesy goodness. This is great comfort food on a cold winter day.