Notices

Tuna Every Day

Old 11-22-2010, 05:52 AM
FitDay Member

Default Tuna Every Day

So...I eat tuna everyday...10oz of the albacore. I have been doing this for two months now and someone told me yesterday that it's bad for me because of the mercury. I googled it and can only find info relating to small children and pregnant women...I am neither...so can I keep eating my tuna?
Old 11-22-2010, 06:31 AM
FitDay Member

That is alot of tuna. Google "how much tuna is safe to eat". Albacore is the best tasting and highest quality but chunk light has less mercury. I come from a family of fishermen so I know about tuna. Try canned salmon occasionally, Costco has a good brand. Get the chinook or coho, not sockeye, for best taste. If possible, vary your protein sources for best results. Good luck and keep up the healthy eating!
Old 11-22-2010, 06:45 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the advice...will do.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:41 AM
FitDay Member

Check out this counter...it is not the one I was looking for but this one looks okay...I was eating 1 tiny can per day and stopped after checking a government mercury counter.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:14 AM
FitDay Member

bobbieenne....thanks for the info...the counters say I need to eat way less mercury...i mean tuna...
Old 11-23-2010, 12:15 AM
FitDay Member

thanks sam...it does help...I will continue to eat tuna, but it looks like I need to cut back and find some other healthy sources of protein and such...thanks
Old 11-23-2010, 04:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by swikin
bobbieenne....thanks for the info...the counters say I need to eat way less mercury...i mean tuna...
You're welcome!

I was disappointed because it really helped me lose but since I already have a mouth full of fillings, I thought I had better watch the mercury in fish.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by sammarks3
I've only heard good things about tuna. though yes mecury levels and other issues seem alwasy present in seafood.. for me, I think I will stick iwth it though

You should also consider the sodium and cholesterol that it contains. I eat tuna as well, but do so in moderation.